ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Painting bullets

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Is this the best method for painting the bullets?

Prep, Grey primer x 2, wet sand, Monaco paint x 3, wet sand, touch up pen for numbers, lacquer x 2.

Also do you just pull side strips towards back of car to remove them.

Bux

Golf GTD
Also do you just pull side strips towards back of car to remove them.

The bullets will come off by themselves, no need to take the whole strip off the car. They are just clipped in, but just take care in case you break one.

If you want to take off the whole strips then yes, the front ones slide to the rear of the car (doors open)

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
The bullets will come off by themselves, no need to take the whole strip off the car. They are just clipped in, but just take care in case you break one.

If you want to take off the whole strips then yes, the front ones slide to the rear of the car (doors open)

Know they can be pulled off cheers. Just want to do it properly so I can clean behind them at same time.

Open the door and take the grommet off you can see inside where the strip sits. Wedge a screwdriver in behind the clip in there and push the strip towards the back of the car. Miles quicker than faffing around trying to pull the strip by hand.

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Open the door and take the grommet off you can see inside where the strip sits. Wedge a screwdriver in behind the clip in there and push the strip towards the back of the car. Miles quicker than faffing around trying to pull the strip by hand.

Thanks for the tip.

Clio dynamique 1.6 16v
I sprayed my bullets black and wanted to keep the lettering chrome so when doing the numbers I used masking tape and a scalpel, worked really well :) Mask over the lettering and be sure to use your nail to push the tape to the sides of the lettering, gently cut around the base of them and peel away the tape. leave it on while you spray the rest of the bullet.. But after writing that Im thinking you might mean you gonna do lettering a different colour lol? could still mask off the whole bullet and cut out the letters, be careful not to score the paint though!