ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Painting calipers on a non sport? hmm..

Hi all,
So this weekend the weather is meant to be nice and i have decided that im wanting to paint the rear drums black as when i was fitting coilovers, noticed they're looking a bit sad :( - After mentioning this to my dad he told me how he has some "Marine blue" caliper paint for his car. This got me thinking, is it worth doing mine? I think it'd look quite good, but at the same time i think its a bit pointless making non sport calipers more obvious?
gimmie opinions please :) your opinions mean alot!
carr!.jpg
Pic of car to try help with opinions :)
Thanks, Ollie

Well I've done them in blue, quite a nice deep blue and done the drums on rear in black. Happy with it tbh but It is a shame that you can't see much of the blue seeing as the wheels don't have many spokes. Looks good though :) can see myself changing to black in the future but for the meantime these will do me fine!

Clio Sport 182
i did my rear drums black also on my old car, they just look silly in any other colour. you made the right decision. got any pics?

172 Iceberg Silver
I agree with hopey_182. Your car so do as you please.
All i would say is that it would be a waste of your money adding mods trying to make it into something it is not. Painful to wait but save your money and buy the car you really want.

I agree with hopey_182. Your car so do as you please.
All i would say is that it would be a waste of your money adding mods trying to make it into something it is not. Painful to wait but save your money and buy the car you really want.

Yeah i agree with this, im not going to be doing anything else really with the car tbh. Reason behind modding it? same as every one my age i suppose who is interested in cars - wanted to have a go at making it unique, wanted to try some new things out, but above all else because insurance is SO stupidly expensive il probably end up keeping it for a couple of years. Just felt like making it my own for the duration of the time i have it :)

In other news, iphone camera is s**t unfortunatly and found it hard to get any pictures of the drums and calipers. This is what i managed to get though! The drums are just a glossy black. The pic below shows the colour - its a subtle mod which cost me nothing! so cant complain :p im happy with it anyway.

brake caliper front.jpg