ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Painting Drums and Calipers tomoz need advice!

Clio 1.2 16v
Hey going to paint my drums and Calipers tomoz and wanted peoples advice.

Looking to do the drums black and the calipers red and just wanted to know what you all thought.

MyCar.jpg

I think this would come under general discussion open to comments let me know what you all think cheers :D

Also does anyone know if this can cause any probs?

Thanks for the help in advance

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
do them all black, i did my calipers red and i regretted it, looks stupid 2 be honest.

clean them with a wire briefly them slap the paint on!

Clio 1.2 16v
Lol a friend of mine is giving me the paint and helping me do them. Using hammerite paint think i will just do them all black then lol.

I wunt of bothered but you can see the rust on the drums so it will make it look cleaner hopefully :approve:

Dynamique 1.4 16v
I'd go black also, does anybody know if there is a guide or anything on what paint etc and the best way to do this? I'm thinking of doing it this weekend.

Thank you

Ph1 172 + Combo van
do a search on how to do it, just clean em all off, wire brush it, clean it again, let it dry then get two or more coats of hammerite on it then leave overnight before putting the wheels back on.

easy peasy i have black on my drums and silver on my calipers.

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
Drums: always black. Calipers: Go against the grain - gold, yellow, green. Anything but red or blue. I did mine battleship grey for a while, before settling for sunshine yellow to match the 172 badge on my B pillar.

M140i
I wouldnt say red always looks bad. Do whatever you want to your car mate, because it is YOUR CAR!

Clio Trophy June Detail (207) (Large).jpg