ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Panasonic Lumix G3

Depends what your shooting?

Personally I'd get (have) a GF3 or save a little more and get the new GX1. The only reason, as far as I can see, to go for the G3 is for a dedicated viewfinder.

I own a G3, lovely piece of kit with a fantastic bright viewfinder. Very simple to use without any knowledge, but also ridiculously customizable if needs be (coming from a Nikon DSLR this blew me away, absolutely everything is adjustable)

There is no point in me posting samples as that's all down to the lens/shooter, but mine has served me very well in some extremely challenging conditions (a 24hr race, a Wedding!) and hasn't let me down at all. It's coming with me to New York City next week so plenty of high-ISO night shooting again.

Depends on what you want though, if you won't be using the viewfinder you may as well get a GF3 as Pete has mentioned.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I'm hoping to get a GX1 with the new X series little zoom lens in the new year, looks cracking :)

BlackGold 182
I've now bought the g3 can't wait:) is the standard lens that comes with it more than up you to the job?

Nice!

Viewfinder is the bit you look through, the GF3 doesn't have one which makes is quite a bit smaller.

Only briefly played with the kit lens but was quite impressed, especially with the OS (Optical Stabiliser). It'll certainly get you started and learning.

If you get into it you can then decide what you need. I shoot only with the 20mm f/1.7 and its superb.

I'm hoping to get a GX1 with the new X series little zoom lens in the new year, looks cracking :)

Pair it up with a 20mm f/1.7 :approve:

BlackGold 182
thanks for all the info guys! just been delivered :D

although what sd cards can i use? it says sd xc and the minimum i can see is the 64gb ones and cheapest is like £50, i wasnt hoping to have to spend more than 30 to start with really

Last edited:
SD HC is fine, I use 8GB Sandisk ones as I don't like to put too many eggs in one basket (if you're shooting video you want to be looking at Class 8 or above really)