ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Parade Lap in Honour of Dan aka Iridium

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
It was a fantastic tribute. The sun was shining down on us. Everyone was well behaved. Very proud to have been part of it.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I was proud to take part, it was actually quite emotional seeing such a huge convoy following the R27 and the Vee. There were people still joining as we finished our lap!

I'm really glad I made the effort to go FCS to do it, I hope Dan was watching with a big smile on his face.
I hope he had an equally big smile when he saw everyone slow down so they could have a quick blat through the tunnels aswell :D

Bumder With A Buffer
They wouldnt allow me to do the Lap as I had a briefing for tracktime. Was standing right next to the pit and everyone drove past me :( Then after coming out of the briefing everyone was just coming off the track :(

clio 182 black /gold
They wouldnt allow me to do the Lap as I had a briefing for tracktime. Was standing right next to the pit and everyone drove past me :( Then after coming out of the briefing everyone was just coming off the track :(
I took my breifing earlier.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Really moving (excuse the pun) couple of laps, felt very emotional as we went round, watching his Vee and his R27 go round in front.

The cars took up the whole track, and ended up lapping each other at one point,there were 101 in all.

Special mention to Sash for her hard work in organising the lap, well done it was spectacular.

Lets hope we get the record for Dan. :approve:
It was a pleasure to organise it, even though it was quite hectic with about 60 people all lined up wanting passes lol!
h'actually there was 104 cars. Well done guys Im really proud of you all for driving so courteously, tbh I was expecting one or 2 to do something a little silly but no-one did. :D

I was proud to take part, it was actually quite emotional seeing such a huge convoy following the R27 and the Vee. There were people still joining as we finished our lap!

I'm really glad I made the effort to go FCS to do it, I hope Dan was watching with a big smile on his face.
The weather was gorgeous and as his mum said to me, "the sun always shines for Dan" so true. Dan's parents and friends watched from the grandstand and thought it was lovely especially Dan's old Vee and R27.

A big thank you for all who got involved

FF RB 182
The weather was gorgeous and as his mum said to me, "the sun always shines for Dan" so true. Dan's parents and friends watched from the grandstand and thought it was lovely especially Dan's old Vee and R27.

A big thank you for all who got involved

Thats just made me well up.

It was the main reason for me going, to pay my respects the way he would have wanted us to. RIP Dan.

Clio V6
As others have said, it was a memorable experience. It was an emotional day and it was nice to meet his family again along with some of his friends.

RIP Dan, hope you enjoyed it.

Ian

Focus TDCi
As others have said, it was a memorable experience. It was an emotional day and it was nice to meet his family again along with some of his friends.

RIP Dan, hope you enjoyed it.

Thank you for coming bud, sorry I never said hello. Having his two old cars present made it just that bit more special.

Clio V6
It was a pleasure mate. I met so many people yesterday, I lost track of names and faces.

Dan's mum said that they never knew how many people he had formed friendships with on the internet. It think yesterday really put his impact into something tangible for them, it must have been a very proud moment.

If anyone has a nice pic of the Vee, can they post it up here? Would love to get a big print framed or something :)

Barge
I wondered that too, Gem. Whether they'd announced what we were doing. Shame if not. But Dan's parents and family certainly will have known. Such a good day.

EP3 Civic Type R
What a fantastic thing to be a part of..... Considering there were so many noisy cars (mine inc) it was strangely quiet, calm and serene going round the track. The weather couldn't have been any better either.

A fitting tribute for such a great lad.

172 cup
Just to let everyone know who signed the book/had their messages entered that the family got the book and really liked it.

ibiza cupra
was really proud to be a part of this for dan and the whole club coming together for him
Well it was quite well documented in publications etc before the FCS.
there was an article in pfc mag too so i think most people would know what it was for. still havent seen any videos though. want to put one on my phone to show some friends as it is hard to explain what an impact it had.
fantastic effort from all involved though, well done every one.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
was really proud to be a part of this for dan and the whole club coming together for him

there was an article in pfc mag too so i think most people would know what it was for. still havent seen any videos though. want to put one on my phone to show some friends as it is hard to explain what an impact it had.
fantastic effort from all involved though, well done every one.

Yes mate, i too saw the article in PFC magazine.