ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Parents pc won't boot..

Clio 1.2 16V tomtom 3dr
Need urgent help on this,, my parents pc will not boot up...

This Screen comes up

(Windows root)\system32\hal.dll.
please re-install a copy of the above file

:dapprove::dapprove::dapprove:

Any Ideas whats wrong, basically it won't let me do a system restart or anything........

R5 GTT
Pc won't start up at all m8 :mad: Thanks anyways

Windows disc and do a repair is your best option matey as it will/ should boot from the CD / DVD and then give you the option to repair.

So turn PC on and place windows disc in CD / DVD drive straight away, once done if it doesn't boot from CD/DVD turn the PC off with the disc in the drive and turn it back on it should say boot from CD/DVD hit the enter key and then follow the instructions on screen.

Clio 1.2 16V tomtom 3dr
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the firest time youve seen this stop error screen. restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps :

Check to make sure any new hardware of software is properly installed.
If this si a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If proploems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memry options such as caching or shadowing. I you need to use safe mode to remove or disable componints, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode...

Technical information :

*** STOP : 0x000000D1 (oXF0863190, Ox00000002, 0x00000001, 0xF76E98C5)

*** USBPORT.SYS - Address F76E98c5 base at F76cF000. Datestamp 41107d62

" Sorry for any spelling mistakes as typed that out quick.... Basically thats what comes up now, pc wont boot up at all !!!

Scirocco GT 2.0
What have you got plugged into your USB Ports?

Sounds like corruption of a driver to me

Can you not even get as far as Safe Mode?

Scirocco GT 2.0
Got keyboard and mouse plugged in,,, and no I can't get on safe mode :(

Turn on the computer and as soon as the first screen appears, enter the BIOS (usually F2 or Del) and select "Load Optimized Defaults" (or similar) then hit F10 on your keyboard and Save Savings and Exit.

Then do the same again and search through the BIOS to find you boot up priorities, make your CD/DVD Drive 1st Priority and your HDD 2nd Priority and try inserting the CD again and booting from it.

A Screen should appear similar to "To Boot from CD/DVD Press any Key" Hit your space bar or something then the Windows Console should appear. From there you can follow the instructions on the Website I link you to earlier ^^ or just repair. Or it might be worth finding your Windows Product Key and Formatting your HDD and reinstalling Windows from scratch. - Did your PC not come with a Recovery disk, What make is your PC?

NB. You may need your F-Lock on (if your keyboard has this function) to enter the BIOS via F2

If all else fails you can always take the hard drive and plug it in to another PC and install a copy of hal.dll http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?hal

Thinking about it, iirc, someone at work had this problem and it turned out to be her mouse

Last edited: