ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Part Number Request: CV boot

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
For a ph1 172, drivers side cv boot part number please?

Tried ringing Renault, reg doesn't come up, tried several other reg's from pics off here :)o), doesn't come up....

So as I'm at work and can't get the chasis number, I could do with ordering this part before the end of the day.

Many thanks :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looking on euro car parts, there are two differnet CV boot kits? One for inner, and one for outer? Which do I want? AHHH!

Reason I need one is that I have grease all over my drivers side wheel?

You'l more than likely need the outer (closest to the wheel)...

Untitled-2-8.jpg

I just checked that on the phone when ordering some other bits, only apparently gone up by 3 quid more than that price, lol.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
On what price Jord? The £36 or the one on your screen shot????

Cheers for the help btw, so the outer one ja?? Does it come with grease etc?

EDIT:

One last thing, is that definately the right part number for the ph1 172? Don't want to phone up all richeous and then be wrong... lol!

BMW M135i
Mine was for a 182 so might be different part number, its a recent version of dialogys too. Feck knows.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
13 quid or something, they've got one in and put it aside, don't wanna go get it and it be the wrong one mind... hmmmm.

Oh, and another question, is that definately drivers side?!? Can't see if it mentions that on your SS.

The image shows it coming with both clips, the grease and the boot, so it should...

Dialogys says its for driveshafts that are 90mm at the widest part, which is the end of the boot that goes over the CV part of the driveshaft. Measure yours, if its 90mm, the one they have got is correct.

Untitled-2-9.jpg

Clio 182
I have the exact same issue on my 182....grease all over my ABS sensor and inside wheel. Is this part easy to fit myself?

Or should i seek help from a garage......

Would rather do it myself ...

Appreciate your help