ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Passanger Door

Mk4 .:R32
When I close the door, it seems like the door is a few millimeters lower than the catch and makes a horrible noise Lol. Is there anyway of adjusting the door so it fits flush to the catch and lines up properly. Cant really think of any other way to explain it Lol. Iam not your usual mechanically minded guy :rasp:
My drivers side is fine though. Not sure whats caused this as it hasn't been in an accident or bump. renault build quality? Lol.

Thanks Matt.

Punto/Clio GTT
so the doors dropped slightly and has to come up to hit the catch properly?

im unsure if you can adjust the hinges on the clio, personally id just grab the door from the bottom and lift it up hard a couple of times, should bend it back into place.

you could drop the catch down inside the appature but that would put the door out of line if its closing to where it should be

Mk4 .:R32
Thats it mate yea. I duno if i want to start bending stuff lol. When the doors open you cant see that its out of line with the naked eye, only by the noise it makes and the marks that its digging into the catch...

Punto/Clio GTT
yea its just dropped down a bit, tbh if theres no adjustment on the hinges then thats the only way to do it.

open the door and have a look by the hinges, if theres some bolts there or torx heads, undo the top one, push the door into the car (while its open fully) and retighten it. should bring it up a bit

if theres no adjustment then its bendy time ;)