ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PATIENCE VS. CUP PACKS (182)

Mondeo STTDCI

Hmmm.

Seems to me a lotta people have let impatience get the better of them and gone for non-cupped 182s, or have gone somewhere that cant supply the vehicle with Cup packs.

Cant understand it!!! I havent driven a 182 without the packs mind, but even so lol!

Mondeo STTDCI

Yeah I guess so, me too. Shoulda had mine already but got bent over and anally examined by an arsehole salesman.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Ive not driven a 182 with or without Cup Packs.

but as I was ordering a "new build" I thought Id better have em! :D

I know in 10hrs whether it was a good choice to have em!!! :)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

DONT UNDERSTAND NOT WAITING AND PAYING £200

PEOPLE HAVE NO PATIENCE THESE DAYS

IAN

When getting a car like this, its better to go the whole way and get the suspension and spoiler packs I think. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Bearing in mind renault forecast a 75% uptake on these packs it should have been a std/delete option not an upgrade!!

[Edited by brazo on 17 July 2004 at 8:45am]

Renault dont fit this as standard for a few reasons.

1- They can charge us another £200 or whatever for a car.

2- It will help lower the amount of imports as imports dont have it installed.

Personally Id question the value of it, most of the mods were added to the normal car at the last minute, a few owners are going to update as the suspension still ist to there taste or low enough so why spend the extra on just some different coloured wheels.

Im still not convinved about the colour I like the old 172 ones more.

When i bought my 182 i opted for the spoilers only i hadnt seen the dark alloys in the flesh my main concern was that coz i was buying a black car i didnt want it all dark...... Now i really feel i may be missing out and if had the chance to buy again i would definatly go for the upgrade , has anyone compared the too is there much of a noticable difference in the ride quality?

Rob.

Sod waiting for a 182 with cup pack - just get one of the last remaining, faster :D 172 Cups for about 10 biggies and youre laughing.*

Itll be more saleable in a few years anyway, due to the fact that the whole range will be rattly old sheds, but the Cup will at least have the x factor, exclusivity and trackday appeal on its side.

*Unless of course you have to have your creature comforts. :confused:

Ducks.

Quack.

7.6cc :D

Quote: Originally posted by ian 172 on 16 July 2004

DONT UNDERSTAND NOT WAITING AND PAYING £200

PEOPLE HAVE NO PATIENCE THESE DAYS

IAN
Perhaps some people prefer to have the nicer colour silver wheels! I know I would.

I have 182 with cup spoiler not the suspension pack, havent driven one with suspension pack but to look at the only difference is the dark wheels, is there really any real difference between the two? or are they just after more money. The suspension pack suppose to have stiffer side walls on tyres, but aint they the same tyres as the non suspension pack.

Mondeo STTDCI

Cant understand why ppl were worried about the wheels either! I bet a Cupped owner who wanted shiny wheels could easily find a non cupped owner willing to swop!

Ford Fiesta

I would feel to be missing out if i didnt get the suspension pack. Even if I wasnt. I couldnt get the spoiler pack, wish I could have but couldnt with the nav, out of the 2 the suspension pack most important as it has an effect of the handling.. or so renault say.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

I can only compare my 182 with cup suspension to my 172 (normal) and can honestly say that its a vast improvement. It holds steady and level through roundabouts and round bends etc.

So if the 182 (non cupd suspension) is the same setup as a 172, then yes Id say the cup suspension is definitely worth it.

I kinda wish i had gone for the cup suspension with mine (Got the spoiler pac) but when i bought it i did not really think it would make much difference and i thought that the silver wheels would match the car colour better (Silver), but having heard the opions on this fine forum i really wish i had gone for it. Ah well, you live and learn, its still a cracking little motor tho!!

I only chose Cup packs as Im a sheep and Evo said to order them!

Plus, the only car I could have with a 2 week leadtime had them...

Matt

Comparing the cup pack to the 182 is not a good comparison, i had a 172 before the 182 (no cup suspension) and i think the 182 handles better than that ever did anyway.

Well, I have to say that patience got the better of me as well... I was given the option of a Black 182 with spoilers, but no susp. or a Silver 182 with both. I had driven both cup and non-cup cars at Milbrook and in all reality the difference is small enough to not make me worry too much about what I was missing out on. IMHO Black 182s look better with silver wheels anyways - and I couldnt be bothered with messing around with the insurance for a modified car. Also, I am sure that the cup tyres are more expensive.

This will 99% of the time be my daily commute car, so stiff suspension and high running costs were not my priority. If I want a proper sports car experience, I will spend £200 on an Elise track day at Truxton (as I did last week...).

Dont worry about what you are missing out on. Its mostly bragging rights... ;-)

I saw a non-cupped 182 today, no spoilers, no cup suspension or alloys. It looked strange, like a regular clio almost. I think the darker alloys and definitely the spoilers add character that you dont usually get from a Clio (except the 172 Cup - that looks the ticket with those alloys)

But as you say, performance wise, I am not sure how really large the gap is...

RX-8

If that is the case and they look like "ordinary clios" I quess we standard owners have the pleasure of the Q car effect, better to be under estimated then over! Mind you with the wheel barrow handles on the back I think it is a bit of a give away!

I agree, thats exactly what I thought. Until you see the pipes, I would have thought, theres a nice little... oh, its gone. :)