ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paul Fleming 172 Cup Project

ourboy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
I've been on here for many years even before I owned the 2002 172 cup which I now own, and think the time has now come to share the different phases my car has gone through and is still going through.
I will try and share as much as possible, as I know how much this forum has helped me over the years ..
I'm not a mechanic so think twice before copying anything I do..:tongueout:

I bought my cup in 2009 and travelled over to Scotland to collect the car in the pictures below.

Clio6_zpsxh1osbxd.jpg

Clio1_zpsl6kmpjx0.jpg

Clio3_zpskhzk9svq.jpg

Clio2_zpsyuyahszp.jpg

ourboy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Thanks (I love these pic's)
Miirror and windscreen banner where the first to go when I got home

ourboy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
My wife and I went over to collect the car then drove down to the lake district to see friends when we where over.
Which is when I realised that there was no middle silencer or cat fitted , just a straight pipe and a custom back box.
loud is not even the word for this thing it was just nuts.
so bad we stop and had to get ear plugs (no joke ,it was painful)
However it did sound class WOT on the motorway but the fun was short lived.
I was starting to make a list in my head of things to change and I'd only just got the car

ourboy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
didn't regret buying it as I had want one for years and I knew money would have to be sent to get it the way I wanted it

ourboy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
so got home ,removed the graphics on the windscreen and resprayed the wing mirrors.

also got the car booked in to have a middle box and a cat fitted which brought the volume down thankfully not to much.

ourboy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
the car came on GAZ coilovers which at first I liked as I loved the way it looked on them but I grew to hate them