ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PBV info needed

Clio 1.8 16v

i have heard that if u have a chip and a pbv they can work against each other and nacker your car up is this true or just 1 of my mates talkin bubbles?just ordered a mongoose pbv£115 been told that them fse ones are just universal coz my mate has been on a course to all the manufactures because he works at ripspeed n they need to know loads of stuff but he could not tell me about the chip and pbv workin against each other hey check my car out http://www.face-pic.com/wkdladwww.face-pic.com/wkdlad no comments about the pics of me plz

Revels Mum & Sister

I THINK that he is Garbling!

A PBV is basically a device that lets you alter fuel pressure. I cant see it damaging anything JUST because you have a chip. Increasing fuel pressure may be beneficial when you have it chipped, not really sure about that one. Have to ask some peeps on here mate.

But shouldnt nacker the car having those 2 on there! Not sure about it being universal. I know the only difference between the Williams and 16V FSE one is that williams is a a bit better made! Cant remember exactly what is different!

the hill power chip that you have does not need a PBV, there is no point getting one cos you wont see any power gains. IF your car is underfueling then you need one BUT i dont think yours will be cos mine wasnt with the same ECU

No need...........

The PBV as i have said many times is a nice and simple rising rate pressure reg. It has a larger diaphram which is more sensitive to vacuum, this the value changes are higher.

If you have a chip, you fueling is sorted already, adding a PBV may cause overfueling if the peak pressure is more than that the chip was designed to work with. ANd even alone, its a crude way of sorting fueling, not really needed.

Clio 1.8 16v

oh god so i have just wasted £115 on 1 then oh well suppose its just another selling point!!hey alright adi hows it goin not spoke 2 u in a while got your car sorted yet with the 2ltr lump?