ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC again or by hand?

i PCd my car about a month and a half ago and then protected it with 6 layers of EGP and a lyer of P21s on top. just been looking at the bonnet and can see that there are some minor marks already, not that noticeable but i am a perfectionist lol!!

im going to give her a going over with SRP and then do the layers of EGP and then some P21s again.

should i use the PC to apply the SRP, ie with a final finishing pad, or just do it by hand with a megs applicator pad?

cheers for any help

jamie

106 GTi
If there are marks more than likely it will take at least the SRP with a polishing pad to correct them, bear in mind you will be stripping through the EGP aswell so the added cut will help.

SRP corrects very little by PC so it may not sort all the defects anyway.

ok cool, so im not gonna be burning through paint? just was worried about the fact that i have only just PCd my car i would be over doing it on the PC front tis all :D

so what would you suggest rich? they really arent marks so much as minute defects in light reflection so i intend to wash, clay then SRP and EGP plus wax.

jamie

106 GTi
If the most you have used so far is SRP you should have plenty of paint left!

If it is only minor marring something like Poorboys SSR 2, Megs 80 or Menzerna Final Finish should sort the defects before you use the SRP and EGP.

no i used megs 83 then 80 on the PC over xmas. just worried haha :D. i might give her another megs 80 then, then do SRP etc

cheers rich as per usual

jamie

RB182cup&golf gti
i'd PC maybe every 6 months, you're always going to get marks, no matter how careful you are. The PC wont remove much clear coat either (providing you're sensible!) as i was worried about this having removed the swirls on mine more than once, and a paint thickness reading last week revealed 170uM thickness on average so i was quite relieved!