ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/ Consoles] Crysis 2 Official Thread

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
"At a presentation to Nvidia's new graphics card in the GeForce 500-series revealed that Crysis 2 initially will not include support for DirectX 11, instead, all PC gamers had to make do with the six year old DirectX 9.

In practice this means that all graphics hungry gamers with later generations of graphics cards can not take advantage of graphics-enhancing features such as tesselering. According to Nvidia promises the developers to include a DX11 mode in a future update, when exactly is still unclear."

I guess that's what happens when you take time out to develop it for consoles. The PC demo came out yesterday but getting logged onto a server to play it was a joke and I quickly couldn't be arsed.

Evo 5 RS
I played it for a bit earlier. It's alright, but feels very ported. Not just by the way it looks either.

Single player will be worth while

172 Cup
Who will be getting this at the end of the week?

I've not played the original but hoping to get this for Xbox.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I can hear a lot of upset PC fanboys preparing for war.

Something would happen if they could ever leave the house... ;)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
lol, I think mine will be here tomorrow, whether I'll be able to play it or not (due to Steam) I'll have to wait and see.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
"At a presentation to Nvidia's new graphics card in the GeForce 500-series revealed that Crysis 2 initially will not include support for DirectX 11, instead, all PC gamers had to make do with the six year old DirectX 9.

In practice this means that all graphics hungry gamers with later generations of graphics cards can not take advantage of graphics-enhancing features such as tesselering. According to Nvidia promises the developers to include a DX11 mode in a future update, when exactly is still unclear."

I guess that's what happens when you take time out to develop it for consoles. The PC demo came out yesterday but getting logged onto a server to play it was a joke and I quickly couldn't be arsed.

Un-f**king-believable. What next? Car manufacturers release their latest models only running on 2-star petrol or chip-fat?

FFS. :(

D.

DX9???

So my worst fears were right, it's a console port. I've a good mind not to by it just on general principle until they can be bothered to do it properly. FS.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
DX9???

So my worst fears were right, it's a console port. I've a good mind not to by it just on general principle until they can be bothered to do it properly. FS.

Well, if it makes it any better, IGN claim that Crysis 2 has the best graphics of any XB360 game.

Well, if it makes it any better, IGN claim that Crysis 2 has the best graphics of any XB360 game.

I'm sure it does. It will look fantastic no doubt. However, for PC gamers this seems a huge kick in the nuts. Backwards step FTL. I'm glad I waited before building a new machine, because clearly I won't have to.

I'm sure the console boys think this is a fuss about nothing, and in some ways it probably is, but ask yourself this - if Forza 4 has Forza 2 graphics, will you be slightly irked? Exactly.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
It wil come eventually, if it's anything like the first I'll play it again once it is DX11.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure it does. It will look fantastic no doubt. However, for PC gamers this seems a huge kick in the nuts. Backwards step FTL. I'm glad I waited before building a new machine, because clearly I won't have to.

I'm sure the console boys think this is a fuss about nothing, and in some ways it probably is, but ask yourself this - if Forza 4 has Forza 2 graphics, will you be slightly irked? Exactly.

More accurately that if Forza 4 had the same graphics of the original XBox console....

That said, I can't really comment as I haven't even seen the demo on PC. But it does sound like its been dumbed-down graphically at least.

D.

Mito Sportiva 135
Oh dear, all these expensive PCs and no games to show them off on. Apparently even the controls are optimised for consoles too with the shoulder buttons for suit augmentations.

Meant to be pretty good but not sure I'll get it still to be honest.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah single players is apparently very good. 12+ hours. Not too bad.

Multiplayer has apparently already been duped by snipers and the like. IGN video review was nice.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'll not lie, if I was a PC gamer I'd be f*cking livid.

Am I right in thinking that Direct X is a tool that developers use to code for PC games? Like a standard language? :eek:

If so, and DX9 being six years old, that's just not up to scratch. I'll let you all know how it plays on 360. ;)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
lol, I must admit I find it funny sitting here playing games on my PC with a 360 controller.

Judging by the videos however it still seems the PC version will look better (even without DX11).

Mito Sportiva 135
Well I'd hope it would look better on PC given the 360 is like 3 or 4 years old and PCs cost a lot more money....

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I could have bought approx 40 360s for the cost of my PC.

I don't know whether to lol or cry.

PMSL

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Six year-old £300 hardware running the same game at 90% of the quality as a £4k gaming rig. Not only that, it's a game series that previously broke the back of many a PC rig.

PMSL.

I'd be crying. ;)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'll not lie, if I was a PC gamer I'd be f*cking livid.

Am I right in thinking that Direct X is a tool that developers use to code for PC games? Like a standard language? :eek:

If so, and DX9 being six years old, that's just not up to scratch. I'll let you all know how it plays on 360. ;)

Yes m8. Pretty much that's it. Given the wide variety and capability of different PC hardware - DirectX forms a library of 'standardised' APIs that the hardware developers and driver developers for them can agree on. Each developer can maximise their own hardware after the DirectX layer, if needs be.

D.

Evo 5 RS
http://hardocp.com/news/2011/03/23/crysis_2_pretty_much_sucks_sloppy

We have played them all! Farcry, Crysis, and now Crysis 2. If you were relying on Crytek to stress your new AMD or NVIDIA GPUs, well, you will likely have to wait another 4 years, or never probably. Crysis 2 graphics suck. Yes the graphics suck and you all know why. Crytek sold us out for a bunch of pussy 360 gamers. Gameplay is about as exciting and motivating as pulling a scab off your dog's scrotum. Open gameplay? Yeah right. Challenging? Not in the least. Crysis 2 goes into the "Never Finished" game bin with Daikatana. Come to think of it, Daikatana had better multi-player.

I don't often gripe about game devs selling out, but Crytek sure did. Crytek is not about innovative gameplay and astounding graphics any more. Crytek is about ripping me off for $60. I think Crytek would have gotten better press if it had not of even released its water-downed and anemic PC version of this "game." I hope Cevat Yerli chokes on this giant flaccid floppy penis of a game, while he is pulling out his overstuffed-wallet. Yeah, I just said that, and I meant it.

At least my 10 year old son thinks it is awesome. Wish he would give me the $60 back. Crysis 2 will be a great buy....when it hits the $2.99 price point on Steam.

Evo 5 RS
aye lol someone obviously got out of the wrong side of bed this morning

I do get what he's saying about 'played em' all' but at the end of the day you've just got to go with it. It's the way the market is going and they're only rolling with the trend.

The graphics aren't "s**t" though, wouldn't go that far. It looks a bit ropey on Xbox though, the PC version is defo the smoothest (and you don't need a monster rig to play it by any means)

I wouldn't get too excited, console gimps, The game you're getting will not look anything like the original Crysis. Unfortunately it seems that neither will the one I'll be getting :D

Let's not get carried away here. The latest xBox update didn't include new hardware. The game will look great but you can't compare the original to the sequel. It's not an apples for apples comparison. Not least because the original had a draw distance of....the horizon, and a trillion leaves and blades of grass in every direction. The rendering requirements were far greater than a largely static cityscape.

I have no issue with the game being made playable on consoles. It's great news, but I do have an issue if it's at the expense of the PC version. Which, to be fair, still remains to be seen.

Mito Sportiva 135
Six year-old £300 hardware running the same game at 90% of the quality as a £4k gaming rig. Not only that, it's a game series that previously broke the back of many a PC rig.

PMSL.

I'd be crying. ;)

Not even that much mate, less than £200!

If I was a PC gamer I would be fuming though really.