ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/ Consoles] Crysis 2 Official Thread

Whatever happens, at least the PC gamers won't be waving two butt blugs around in a Deacon-esque attempt at aiming. Playing shooters with a pad is like writing an address on an envelope with a pencil blu-tacked to your forehead and your hands tied behind your back. Ergo rubbish.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Whatever happens, at least the PC gamers won't be waving two butt blugs around in a Deacon-esque attempt at aiming. Playing shooters with a pad is like writing an address on an envelope with a pencil blu-tacked to your forehead and your hands tied behind your back. Ergo rubbish.

LOL. Yes. They'll be moving a small mouse around and tapping a keyboard which almost perfectly replicates the feeling of holding a real weapon.

We need light guns back in fashion.

Remember this beast, Royston? Operation Wolf never felt so good.

469904362_aeca7c20db.jpg

Evo 5 RS
Fuming or disappointed?

The multiplayer demo was actually easier with a pad. Because of the way the control mechanics had been setup. No matter what way you look at it you cannot have the same pace of gameplay with a control pad that you can with a decent mouse and keyboard setup. It's just not possible!

Even though this is the case it will always be where the money is unfortunately

Xbox Live Gaming Community™ - Making do since 2005.

Mito Sportiva 135
Whatever people say about the benefits of keyboard and mouse, the 360 controller is infinitely more intuitive and comfortable. I just prefer the whole experience of console gaming - buy console + game, put game in, go to multiplayer, sit back and play on massive TV with surround sound with friends you can easily add into a party - Xbox Live is superb, if you deny this then I say you've not tried it (certainly not the new versions).

Not to say PC gaming isn't more technoligcally advanced, just I find consoles more fun - which is what gaming should be about.

Last edited:
  Evo 5 RS
easily add my arse. Dedicated servers are what you need. I don't want to be sitting around waiting for Joe_Blog89 to stop downloading his p**n whilst the game looks for a host who isn't from Canada ;)

Mito Sportiva 135
honestly though, never had any more issues on console than PC - well apart from Black Ops but that's a software issue, and now 90% fixed on 360.

Why all the tears? I play games on a PC but I'm not graphics obsessed, I'll probably buy this and end up playing CS: Source just as much in a few months, the same way loads of people still enjoy CS 1.6!

I'd like to test my new machine but I guess Crisis 2 isn't the game for that, mind it still looks great to me.

Console ftw when you have mates over though, PC is a bit anti social. Drinking games + cod ftw.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Why all the tears? I play games on a PC but I'm not graphics obsessed, I'll probably buy this and end up playing CS: Source just as much in a few months, the same way loads of people still enjoy CS 1.6!

I'd like to test my new machine but I guess Crisis 2 isn't the game for that, mind it still looks great to me.

Console ftw when you have mates over though, PC is a bit anti social. Drinking games + cod ftw.

The main reason why PC people are pissed (from the sounds of it) is due to what Crysis brought to the table on its release and by that very nature, the hopes of what Crysis 2 would follow it up with. Crysis - whether you're interested in cutting-edge graphics or not - was long deemed to be a PC exclusive that not only allowed for huge landscapes, but incorporated a scalable graphics engine to allow those fortunate people who have the high-spec hardware to be able to play it in all its glory.

Now with the popularity of consoles and the need for the game to be multi-platform, a core function of the Crysis's being has seemingly been dumbed down. As both Munson and myself have mentioned - there would be outright bloody uproar if the same thing happened on previous console exclusives. A new Halo or Forza that was held back in terms of what it could achieve, simply to make it PC friendly would piss 360 owners off no end. Likewise, turning off the tap on Gran Turismo 6 so that us keyboard and mouse monkeys could play it - would also generate a lot of anger. And quite rightly so, imo.

I know game developers need to make money, but some games need to stick true to their roots. Yet based on initial comments from the PC market - this clearly hasn't been done.

I wouldn't class the PC as anti-social either. Even just last weekend, I was chatting to a previously unknown American and a bloke from Holland while taking on hordes of undead in L4D2. Granted, they weren't physically there in person, but you get the idea!

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Whatever people say about the benefits of keyboard and mouse, the 360 controller is infinitely more intuitive and comfortable. I just prefer the whole experience of console gaming - buy console + game, put game in, go to multiplayer, sit back and play on massive TV with surround sound with friends you can easily add into a party - Xbox Live is superb, if you deny this then I say you've not tried it (certainly not the new versions).

Not to say PC gaming isn't more technoligcally advanced, just I find consoles more fun - which is what gaming should be about.

Apparently, console owners smell more*. As PC owners normally have their arms slightly apart in using a keyboard an mouse - their armpits get more ventilation and less B.O.

Console owners however have to bring their grubby little mitts together in order to fumble with that infernal contraption that they use for input controls. Thus, their arms are closer to their body and their armpits build-up with pong.

So there you have it. Console owners smell of poo while PC players are fragrant and never whiff.

* = scientific research may at times be edited/deleted/made-up in order to suit the posters' view-point on CS. Your statutory rights are not affected.

D.

LOL. Yes. They'll be moving a small mouse around and tapping a keyboard which almost perfectly replicates the feeling of holding a real weapon.

We need light guns back in fashion.

It does actually, because you instinctively aim and fire. You shoot where you point. Much better. Especially when your field of view is filled with a nice high res monitor. So much more immersive than a pad and a large TV, perched on the sofa with your butt plugs. You'd need a massive projector screen to fill your field of vision like a large monitor does.

Light guns sucked BTW :(

WTF. Apparently the PC game doesn't even include advanced graphic options in the menus. That definitely takes the piss. You can adjust them through console commands mind you, and of course through your drivers, but FFS.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
They do have 'advanced graphics settings' but they are more like presets and don't go into detail. I'm glad I didn't wait for this to come out before buying new hardware, put it that way. I'd of been more pissed now it seems to not matter.

The review I just watched said there are very few advanced settings. I don't want to have to run console commands or force the drivers for 8xAA 16xAF (let's be honest this often results in massive rendering bugs), which by all accounts I will have to. Not a deal breaker. I'm buying the game but I are disappoint that they have seemingly forgotten the roots of the series - extremely punishing tech. There was literally nothing in the consumer market that could max it at 60fps. In fact it was a good 18 months later that the hardware caught up, and even then you could scale it further and cripple your new gear :D

The sequel is definitely massively soft in this regard. It's no bad thing I suppose, for the masses, but the fact that it was mentally punishing was what was so f**king cool about it. I just hoped for more of the same, but deep down I knew it wasn't gonna happen. I can't wait to play it. It looks like an amazing shooter.

Mito Sportiva 135
Apparently, console owners smell more*. As PC owners normally have their arms slightly apart in using a keyboard an mouse - their armpits get more ventilation and less B.O.

Console owners however have to bring their grubby little mitts together in order to fumble with that infernal contraption that they use for input controls. Thus, their arms are closer to their body and their armpits build-up with pong.

So there you have it. Console owners smell of poo while PC players are fragrant and never whiff.

* = scientific research may at times be edited/deleted/made-up in order to suit the posters' view-point on CS. Your statutory rights are not affected.

D.

We must read different journals! hehe

No I know why you PC guys are annoyed, I would be too!

They had a choice, make it for the consoles and port over to pc and make some money or make it for the pc, sell a handful of copies and watch as millions play it.

Not exactly difficult and this was always going to happen, pc gamers may complain but they only have themselves to blame for this*

*I do know some pc gamers on here do pay for their games so please don't take offence but many don't ;)

Evo 5 RS
there is just as much piracy on xbox as there is on PC, you might not think that but there is! (I know this for a fact, but I'm not allowed to disclose how ;) )

They had a choice, make it for the consoles and port over to pc and make some money or make it for the pc, sell a handful of copies and watch as millions play it.

Not exactly difficult and this was always going to happen, pc gamers may complain but they only have themselves to blame for this*

*I do know some pc gamers on here do pay for their games so please don't take offence but many don't ;)

You missed out the third choice. Program the PC code to take full advantage of DX11 and don't delete advanced options from the graphics menu.

I can understand this not happening in the most recent CoD Michael Bay yawnathons (even though they too originated on PC while the console monkeys were playing Ridge Racer), but Crysis 2, above all other games, should have stuck to its roots and provided a massive technical challenge to PC gamers. It has not done that. This a disappointment. It will still be a great game, and will still look better on PC, but anyone with a brain can see that it's a bit of a sellout. A sellout which, in the case of a game like Crysis, is pretty bad, and not something that should me met with 'oh well it's one of those things' reactions.

Astra Twintop
Picked this up today on Roystons mention.

Absolutely brilliant, love the whole stealth about and choke people out.

Yet to try online.

(Xbox)

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Brilliant game!
Starts off very well. I have not played much of it, but what I have played has been good so far!

Graphics are not too bad actually.
The textures used for the floor can be poor in places. I saw one where there were bullet cases on the floor, but they were flat... Flush with the floor and it made it look so bad.
Ok I now admit that they are not a patch on Crysis, and I'm running it on extreme settings, something I could never do on No.1, and my spec is in need of an update! i7 920, R2E, 6GB Corsair Dominator, GTX 470. So its not hugely system intensive, but still looks good in doing so.

Gameplay has hugely improved over number one though.
On this one it doesnt take an entire clip of the SCAR to kill one Chineese guy. 1 or 2 well placed bullets to the head and they are dead as a dodo. Not sure if anyone else experienced this in number 1, but it has been vastly improved in 2.
Also, just shooting a gun in general I find to be much better, they have done a good job here.

Not sure I agree with the whole infection situation though? Thought they were just being overrun with aliens!
Never heard about this in any pre-release trailers or in the demo, so put it as a spoiler just in case.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Nah, 360 dude. I rarely use my 27 for gaming, just occasionally for the novelty factor.

She's off out tonight so I'm going to use my Dominos vouchers and smash in this. :eek:

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Hmmm.

The graphics are good, but not Crysis 1 good. There is plenty going on, good lighting, smoke from explosions etc but it's not as sharp as the first and feels a bit fuzzy (this is on a PC that can do anything asked of it), that said I haven't looked into the tweaking yet (this is just running it on hardcore mode or whatever it is)
The game itself seems good but not amazing, the weapons seem a bit arcadey and not necessarily that realistic/direct (i.e not as raw as they were in Crysis 1)
There are improvements though, AI is leaps and bounds ahead (with enemy moving position, blind firing, using grenades more often and reporting position and activity amongst each other to improve their attack/defense)
Other improvements such as the laser sight not showing when cloaked until you aim are a pleasant addition

Still playing . . .

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Acutally, it's awesome. The dust is fantastic and forces you to use the Nano-vision, IF they ever sort out DX11 for it then it will be amazing. I like the addition of upgrades for the Nano-Suit and the modifications for the weapons seems to have more to it now.