ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

S3, Polo
Sainsbury's have only just changed the status of my order to 'Posted' - Hope it arrives tomorrow (unlikely!). :(

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
on that 3 hour video it mentions how to kill the guy with the flash light. iirc if you aim of the middle of the light. you can kill the guy

Mk2 ph1 clio
I would have thought it was obvious to shoot at the lights lol ... since its attahced to the rifle the enemy is holding!!

Can't wait to get online with this tonight! im at work til 11:30 though :(!

been playing it today and yesterday, done some multiplayer and co-op, it's pretty good but there's more lag on the retail than was in the beta :S seems to be perhaps punkbuster related or something!

I much prefer Rush over Conquest so far, i find conquest although with 64 players, a bit slow; unless you survive for ages and ages, you generally run around alot of the time which can get a bit tedious! At least with Rush there's only 1 direction, forwards which means you'll always run into combat :)

Last edited:
  Mk1 MX-5 next summer
been playing it today and yesterday, done some multiplayer and co-op, it's pretty good but there's more lag on the retail than was in the beta :S seems to be perhaps punkbuster related or something!

I much prefer Rush over Conquest so far, i find conquest although with 64 players, a bit slow; unless you survive for ages and ages, you generally run around alot of the time which can get a bit tedious! At least with Rush there's only 1 direction, forwards which means you'll always run into combat :)

Been playing since 10am... Not had any lag whatsoever?

Clio RS 182
So what deals are expected if I were to purchase this from a local supermarket at midnight? soz if someone has already posted this.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The jets won't get you many points, by the way. They are basically in to help out and divert attention away from ground troops etc.

Helicopters will get you a fair few though.

Luke, how is it harder? Is it not very similar to BC2?

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
The jets won't get you many points, by the way. They are basically in to help out and divert attention away from ground troops etc.

Helicopters will get you a fair few though.

Luke, how is it harder? Is it not very similar to BC2?

Yeah jets are just for taking out other jets and choppers. Got heat seekers now which makes things easier. The choppers are completely different mate. The way they move/are controlled. Getting used to it now but I've yet to master the old swooping circle that allowed you to nail stuff on BC2.

Practice makes perfect though. Ive just spent a load of games not worrying about anything bar vehicle practice which has helped.

Not levelling up as fast as I did on the beta :(

Having a break now, gonna smash it till 7 then go karting then back on for the night.

Oh also in tanks and choppers/jets there's a few more buttons, you have to switch to your secondary now and what your secondary was on BC2 is flares or smoke etc.

Defo alot of accidental stuff happening at the min but it'll all become 2nd nature soon enough.

You also unlock a stinger early on so aircraft are by no means invincible like they could be on Atacama if you had both and good pilots.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Sounds good. I have it but will probably be on Batman later as my net connection is not too good as BT are messing with the line outside. Away again tomorrow till tea time. Will install the HD pack.

Graphics shaping up well?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Can you use the server browser to choose a game for just yourself so you can practise in the air vehicles on your own?

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Not tried that mate. I've just been doing it in game much to the annoyance of my team hah.

Graphs look mint mate.

Better than BC:2 and they were good enough.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Missed my delivery :(

Oh well, stupid HDN... will fetch it in the morning. Just as well as i've got work to do tomorrow.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
If you pick the infantry or whatever it is server you get all the normal maps but without vehicles.

Just joined a group of lads in it and we've done 4 different maps now non with V's.

Also very much like!

Megane 225 F1
I ARE f**king EXCITED! Didn't have enough money (payday today) to pre order so will be picking up my copy tomorrow during my lunch.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Eeeeeeee!

img2011102700697.jpg

Came today :eek:

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
It's mint lads.

Frustrating to start with but now I'm into it it's sick.

Doesn't help playing with yanks who've had 3 days extra.

Get stuck in!

Audi A4 AVANT 1.9TDi
Seeing as though I have no work on this weekend, I'll be queuing to grab my copy tonight! Cant.wait.com

*Xbox 360

Astra SRI/ Hornet
i know its against the grain but i really dislike what they have changed since the beta. movement has taken 10 steps backwards, like bc2 when that came out. the jets are useless and helicopter's rediculously hard to fly. its hard to tell who is enemy or team (was on beta too). hit detection is on par with blops. really disappointed as i really wanted to like it as much as bc2.ill give it another try in an hour and see how it goes.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Give it time lad!

I've seen people piloting the choppers really well and I thought the jets were too hard but I can fly em well now.

BC:2 lads, you'll love it, trust me.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
i dont get what was wrong with how the helicopter's controlled on bc2. why change a good thing. i can fly them but its too hard for a FPS, its not a flight simulator. its the movement that pisses me off the most as they had it nailed on the beta. its what i liked the most about the new game.

MY10 R35 GTR
looking forward to this, arriving tomorrow. Been a cod man past few years, but decided to give this a go again