ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

Astra SRI/ Hornet
just says updating profile then stays there. cant do antthing. absolutely w**k. did treyarch help make this game or something.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
technically this game isnt out yet so they can do what ever they want, they could be tweeking stuff anything, stop with the bad vibes on the game

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I have to Trolololol at people who are going sick over a f**king game that won't work for a few hours.

You'd think they had no life.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
i dont get what was wrong with how the helicopter's controlled on bc2. why change a good thing. i can fly them but its too hard for a FPS, its not a flight simulator. its the movement that pisses me off the most as they had it nailed on the beta. its what i liked the most about the new game.

There were helicopters in the beta?

Astra SRI/ Hornet
taken 8 dog tags so far. also close quarters the shot guns are leathal 60% of the time anyway due to lag. put 5 shots into a guy and still killed me.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Really impressed with this game, and I don't think the lag is any problem never caused me any problems, the guns do have a bit of a kick on them like. I need the controls sorting out for the jet, I need the left stick up is up rather than uo is down if you get me.

The melee does take a while for the kill as expected, got 2 tags so far. Need much more practice on this as been on MW2 for2 years. Campaign tomorrow, great game :)

Clio 172
I've played SP till after the first jet mission.
Loving it so far, best FPS on the 360. Looks amazing, weapons feel right, movement is spot on.
Single player blows away COD SP in every way.
Haven't tried MP yet, gotta wait for more gold to arrive.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've played SP till after the first jet mission.
Loving it so far, best FPS on the 360. Looks amazing, weapons feel right, movement is spot on.
Single player blows away COD SP in every way.
Haven't tried MP yet, gotta wait for more gold to arrive.

You will love MP mate.

More importantly though, I hate being up at this time.

LY 182
You're either all mad or it's an insane game, I'm thinking the latter. :D Hopefully today is the day for me!!

Walk in to Tesco (7:30)
Spot BF3 stand - only standard editions
Walk round to the game isle where woman is packing shelves

Woman: you looking for the new game
Me: Yes but the Ltd edition
Woman: Thats reserved for pre-orders, but makes no difference to me.

Woman toddles off out back and brings me my BF3 Ltd edition.

£38.71 (random price)

RESULT!

Installing HD content now.

Megane 225 F1
Going into game at lunch to purchase. Going to attempt to use my staff ID badge as student discount. WIN.

Integra Type-R DC2
So I spent far to much time on this last night. Its so, so good. Highlight for me so far is certainly the jets, straffing tanks with an A10 on operation Firestorm was a definite highlight of last night.

Love the Canal map as well. Driving the amphibious tank slowly across open water, RPG's flying towards me while the gunner returns fire was intense.

So far I cannot fault this game. Its like BC2, but with alot more depth and, to a degree, more realism. Im certain all the Battlefield fans will love it.

Quick question... just playing few games of team deathmatch. Each time I play i get to choose the usual engineer etc. But the weapon choices are diffrent between matches. For instance when I play as an engineer I have the 47u, then on the next map its not selectable and I have to use a M4 or what ever it is.

This because I am just on rank 1 or something?

Bumder With A Buffer
Walk in to Tesco (7:30)
Spot BF3 stand - only standard editions
Walk round to the game isle where woman is packing shelves

Woman: you looking for the new game
Me: Yes but the Ltd edition
Woman: Thats reserved for pre-orders, but makes no difference to me.

Woman toddles off out back and brings me my BF3 Ltd edition.

£38.71 (random price)

RESULT!

Installing HD content now.

I paid £36.71 for mine from Tesco (Yes the LTD Edition one). Pre-order price promise thingy

Bumder With A Buffer
Quick question... just playing few games of team deathmatch. Each time I play i get to choose the usual engineer etc. But the weapon choices are diffrent between matches. For instance when I play as an engineer I have the 47u, then on the next map its not selectable and I have to use a M4 or what ever it is.

This because I am just on rank 1 or something?

No because you are either a US marine or insurgent or whatever...they have different weapons depending on whether your attacking or defending.

Fiesta ST
Finally got it installed on the PC, bit of a nightmare with Origin.

- Error with activation
- I want to install off the DVD but your downloading? confusing! oh you are installing off the DVD but you're just saying downloading to confuse me.
- Finally installed, but wait your downloading again!!
- Finally installed and updated, wait your dont have the right plugin for your web browser to play!
- installed web plugin
- Your graphics card driver is out of date, you must update!
- Another big download!
- woot finally in! oh time for bed.
- Might get to play after work lol.

Last edited:
  Suzuki Jimny
FAO of of people who have this on Xbox, What size is the download for the 2nd disc?

I've only got 4gb spare on my tiny HDD :(

Astra Twintop
[h=6]We are going to perform maintenance to improve stability for all platforms on our servers. Therefore, online connectivity will be down from 8:00 to 9:00 UTC. Thank you for your patience.[/h]
Oh dear