ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
There's a preview of this in a couple of the latest mags, and I have to say it looks absolutely sensational. I already thought so, TBF, but I can't wait for this.

Skoda Fabia vRS
the 10+ min vid on XBL is amazing, ive never played a Battlefield but ill be getting this game

DCi
Bf is more fun but Cod is a bigger test of skill IMO.

I just installed bf2 on my PC to test it out, first time I've played it on PC and I get called an aimbotter.. I've still got it ;)

Integra Type-R DC2
CoD isnt a test of skill, its a test of whos got the better internet speed. 9/10 the person who is the top of the table in a CoD game is the host, which is why im boycotting the series.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Bf is more fun but Cod is a bigger test of skill IMO.

I just installed bf2 on my PC to test it out, first time I've played it on PC and I get called an aimbotter.. I've still got it ;)

i've just installed too couple days ago, send me a request we can have a game. i've only played single player for about an hour, you can teach me the ropes n that

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
nice one, i've got a headset for the PC used it while i was playing BF2142 it's abit out of date now lol but it'll do

be up for a game tomorrow after i detailed my car

can't wait for BF3 to come out looks awesome like

If you pre-order do they take the money out of your account, or do they take it when its going to be dispatched? I can't remember.

Ph2 172 Flamer
Just confirmed that Strike At Karkand, Sharqi Peninsula, Wake Island and Gulf of Oman from BF2 will be included in BF3.... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mito Sportiva 135
Not played BF2 so will feel new for me.

I got a bit bored of Rush so switched for Conquest in BC2 and really enjoying some levels where there are loads of vehicles in....also been rolling with the ammo upgrade for vehicles and I've been absolutely wiping out opposition vehicles.

Harvest Day is good fun....and what's the name of the level in with the wind turbines? Only done that one once but was awesome.

1.8 Civic EX
Heavy Metal? I realy hate that map. No matter what I do I just can't get into any sort of stride, continualy changing class and how I approach everything and no matter what I do I get raped lol

really looking forward to BF3 :)

Mito Sportiva 135
Oh that might be it! I just got in a chopper and managed to last most the game in it....someone in our team was tracer darting all the tanks so could see them from miles away and take them down. Admittedly it's not the best map I just liked the look of it...I have only done it once though as I say.

Would be good to see one of the 1943 maps remade too...and all the WW2 equipment replaced with the modern equivalents. I enjoyed starting on the aircraft carrier and either getting in a plane or landing boat to start each map.

I just hope it's as good as the original. Forget Bad Company 2, that was just a bit of fun.

watch

Last edited by a moderator:
  Mito Sportiva 135
YES! That looks wicked. More of that, but with better graphics. Please!

Were there any mobile anti-aircraft vehicles in previous games? That's the one thing missing from BC2's selection I think. Possibly some kind of artillery too.

Mito Sportiva 135
Has anyone on here got the badge for blowing up 500 vehicles yet??? I'm still only on 300 or so, it's taking forever!

Still not got the pins for 4 knife kills in a match, or 4 roadkills...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
YES! That looks wicked. More of that, but with better graphics. Please!

Were there any mobile anti-aircraft vehicles in previous games? That's the one thing missing from BC2's selection I think. Possibly some kind of artillery too.

It really took until the free mod Desert Combat (for Battlefield 1942) before gen-u-wine mobile AA came into effect. Made aircraft much less one sided than before - unless they were really good pilots to begin with.

Having static AA turrets was a bit pointless imo - as the good pilots always knew which areas to avoid. Some margin for random placement of such turrets would have been better, I reckon.

D.

Warhawk on the PS3 had some awesome dog fights and also mobile heat seeking rocket launchers that could be carried on a guys shoulder :cool:

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh in BC2 sensible choppers can just hover miles from AA guns and they are almost impossible to hit when moving up high with tracer darts...and planes would be much harder to hit!

Artillery could be cool though...when combined with some uber destructable scenery...mmmm!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeh in BC2 sensible choppers can just hover miles from AA guns and they are almost impossible to hit when moving up high with tracer darts...and planes would be much harder to hit!

Artillery could be cool though...when combined with some uber destructable scenery...mmmm!

They had arty in Battlefield 1942 - which required the scout class to identify targets for (getting a familiar vibe here - it's all be done before already... ;))

In Desert Combat, they even had SCUD missile launchers and the American MRLS system....

D.

Last edited:
  Mito Sportiva 135
Well Darren that means I'm basically a genius, and should be making games...that's what you're saying right??? :)

Well a greater variety of vehicles, all the better. They are very well balanced from 1943 and BC2, which are the only 2 BF games I've played.

Can't wait to play a "proper" BF game though...

Integra Type-R DC2
How did you take down Jets in this back in the day?

Standard lock on AA weapons etc like BC2

There were AA launchers placed around the map at strategic points, and each team usually had a mobile AA aswell. The mobile AA had lock on missiles and an anti air gun. Pilots could dump flares if they got locked on by missiles, but the cannon fire was pretty hard to avoid. If I was piloting, id usually make a point of knowing what I was going to hit, flying in fast and low, then climbing up just before the target, dropping my bombs then dumping flares and getting as low as possible and heading towards freindly air space to repeat the process.

If you hung around for too long, the enemy would just get another chance to get a lock on, and AA missiles reloaded faster than flares, so anyone consistantly strafing with a jet was pretty much going to get shot down quickly. Using the jets was all about hitting a target, then getting the hell out. None of this constant air borne rape you see with the choppers in BC2.

It was a simpler time.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Well Darren that means I'm basically a genius, and should be making games...that's what you're saying right??? :)

Well a greater variety of vehicles, all the better. They are very well balanced from 1943 and BC2, which are the only 2 BF games I've played.

Can't wait to play a "proper" BF game though...

Haha! Not far off! :) But it does prove that even several years ago, such ideas were being implemented and taken onboard by both games developers and games players alike. Personally, I thought Desert Combat was brilliant - I would have even paid for it if it had been an official DLC or something. The other 'biggies' in terms of vehicle options - and as a consequence, in-game tactics were the Forgotten Hope mod and the excellent Battlegroup '42 mod. The latter still has a thriving community and uses the Battlefield 1942 engine at its core - so it will run on anything slightly more complex than a microwave oven in terms of PC specs.....

http://www.battlegroup42.de/

I'd definitely recommend acquiring the above, if you have an original copy of BF1942 to hand. :)

There were AA launchers placed around the map at strategic points, and each team usually had a mobile AA aswell. The mobile AA had lock on missiles and an anti air gun. Pilots could dump flares if they got locked on by missiles, but the cannon fire was pretty hard to avoid. If I was piloting, id usually make a point of knowing what I was going to hit, flying in fast and low, then climbing up just before the target, dropping my bombs then dumping flares and getting as low as possible and heading towards freindly air space to repeat the process.

If you hung around for too long, the enemy would just get another chance to get a lock on, and AA missiles reloaded faster than flares, so anyone consistantly strafing with a jet was pretty much going to get shot down quickly. Using the jets was all about hitting a target, then getting the hell out. None of this constant air borne rape you see with the choppers in BC2.

It was a simpler time.

Couldn't agree more, Josh. BC2 choppers in the distance - nice, hovering stable platform to fire from and with the V-Optic perk - almost invisible to the other side. Ironically, that's probably very realistic for current Apaches etc. But as far as I aware, the US Army doesn't have a variant of that gunship with unlimited ammo!

D.

Mito Sportiva 135
I think I would have loved the future BF game with the mechs in it...show me a man who doesn't love mechs, and I'll show you a liar.