ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Well, TBH, I don't think there's any point arguing over which is best. We all have differing opinions. I'm sure if I were to play on a PC, I'd maybe change my mind, but for now I'm very happy sitting in the living room infront of the 42" plasma and playing on my 360. Others will be different.

Tit for tat. The game will still be awesome regardless of the system it's on.

:)

Mito Sportiva 135
Well, TBH, I don't think there's any point arguing over which is best. We all have differing opinions. I'm sure if I were to play on a PC, I'd maybe change my mind, but for now I'm very happy sitting in the living room infront of the 42" plasma and playing on my 360. Others will be different.

Tit for tat. The game will still be awesome regardless of the system it's on.

:)

Exactly, 50" plasma with surround sound, on the comfort of my sofa. Thank you please! :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah, there were some good reveals in there, although the video wasn't awesome, it wasn't poor either.

Prone in operation, very cool, as was the Little Bird chopper. Also, see the LMG being mounted to the floor? Neat.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Electronic Arts is setting the bar high for Battlefield 3.

Speaking during the Ad Age Digital Conference in New York City today, CEO John Riccitiello confirm it will launch Battlefield 3 in November of this year and said the publisher has rival Activision's Call of Duty series in its sights.

"This November, we're launching Battlefield 3. It's going up against the next Call of Duty, which is presently the #1 game in the game industry," he said. "A game that last year did $400 million dollars in revenue on day one. [Battlefield 3] is designed to take that game down."

Riccitiello later compared this holiday's battle between the two games to the Red Sox/Yankees rivalry in baseball and said gamers can expect to see massive advertising campaigns for both titles.

"There will be a couple hundred million dollars of marketing against these two products going head to head. We think we have the better product," Riccitiello added.

EA Games president Frank Gibeau echoed similar comments during GDC last month when he told us: "Everybody loves a heavyweight fight, and that's what this is going to be. We're here to compete."

Integra Type-R DC2
They'd better not sell out and make it all watered down and gay. By the looks of the videos they havent, but it worries me when they say theyre aiming for COD's demographic.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I know it doesn't but i'm fairly sure the BF:3 fellas dont want to make a game the same as COD but a game thats as successful... think about it.

Mito Sportiva 135
Was having a think about it last night and the improvements I'd like to see in this are:

- More game modes, I only play Rush really occassionally Conquest, but other objective based games would be cool
- More even levelling experience. I unlocked everything by about level 22 now on 32 and feels like forever ago I got something new. Not to say I've mastered or even used all weapons, but nothing to aim for now really except level grinding and some more badges (although you get most of these naturally anyway if you play for long enough)
- More customisation. Could be linked to the above. I love the level creating in game, MUCH better than COD as you can adapt a lot more specific to a particular game. Maybe have a killstreak type reward a la COD, but nothing too overpowering and something challenging to get e.g. an air strike for 10 killstreak
- More interesting in game menus - it's a bit static

However as long as the mechanics remain sound, it's glitch and bug free and doesn't dilute any core gameplay elements to appease COD style gamers then I'l be happy.

I will be voting with my wallet this Winter and only buying BF3 and not the new COD, Black Ops was a let down overall compared to MW2.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Was having a think about it last night and the improvements I'd like to see in this are:

- More game modes, I only play Rush really occassionally Conquest, but other objective based games would be cool
- More even levelling experience. I unlocked everything by about level 22 now on 32 and feels like forever ago I got something new. Not to say I've mastered or even used all weapons, but nothing to aim for now really except level grinding and some more badges (although you get most of these naturally anyway if you play for long enough)
- More customisation. Could be linked to the above. I love the level creating in game, MUCH better than COD as you can adapt a lot more specific to a particular game. Maybe have a killstreak type reward a la COD, but nothing too overpowering and something challenging to get e.g. an air strike for 10 killstreak
- More interesting in game menus - it's a bit static

However as long as the mechanics remain sound, it's glitch and bug free and doesn't dilute any core gameplay elements to appease COD style gamers then I'l be happy.

I will be voting with my wallet this Winter and only buying BF3 and not the new COD, Black Ops was a let down overall compared to MW2.

^^^ - well said, that man! I'd like to add loads more options, but I'd be pushing the whole BF playing formula more down a simulation route and probably destroy what makes it so good. That said, I'd like to see a wider range of character classes like the older BF games and also insist that the vehicles have limited ammo - that need to retreat back to certain sections of the map to re-arm. Sticking at long range and simply hurling shells in is a little lame, imo.

The medic class definitely needs a rehash - as has been said several times before. Carrying a medic bag and blasting away with an LMG? Roflcopter. SMGs only - at best.

D.

Integra Type-R DC2
If killstreaks end up in BF3, im not buying it. Serial.

It pisses me off that everyone wants support actions just handed off to them, support actions controlled by the all seeing, all knowing AI. If there are going to be airstrikes, then they need to give the Recon class a laser designator, put laser guided bombs on the fighters, then work out a decent system where the pilots can slave a bomb to a laser, and drop it that way. Make airstrikes something that actually takes a bit of skill to properly execute.

Also, kit customisation. No.

The whole damned point of BF is that every kit has a strength, a weakness and a use. If you start allowing people to overly customise kits, it becomes unbalanced. I dont mind the basic "Oh snap, I just unlocked a G36. Ill replace my M4 with it", or adding a reflex sight/4x ACOG, but when you start palming out increased sprint speed and the ability to carry more ammo or armour, it gets gay. It becomes less about the class, and more about finding the best setup that keeps you alive for longer and gets you the most kills.

/g33k rant

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
If killstreaks end up in BF3, im not buying it. Serial.

It pisses me off that everyone wants support actions just handed off to them, support actions controlled by the all seeing, all knowing AI. If there are going to be airstrikes, then they need to give the Recon class a laser designator, put laser guided bombs on the fighters, then work out a decent system where the pilots can slave a bomb to a laser, and drop it that way. Make airstrikes something that actually takes a bit of skill to properly execute.

Also, kit customisation. No.

The whole damned point of BF is that every kit has a strength, a weakness and a use. If you start allowing people to overly customise kits, it becomes unbalanced. I dont mind the basic "Oh snap, I just unlocked a G36. Ill replace my M4 with it", or adding a reflex sight/4x ACOG, but when you start palming out increased sprint speed and the ability to carry more ammo or armour, it gets gay. It becomes less about the class, and more about finding the best setup that keeps you alive for longer and gets you the most kills.

/g33k rant

Totally agree. That's why I preferred the 6 or 7 (can't remember exactly) different classes of BF1942 and BF2 over the 4 we see in more recent games. Make each have a specific 'bonus' for choosing it - rather than the super-kits that can be achieved.

On the helos and planes, I really liked that Project Reality mod feature, where pilots had a kit consisting of a parachute, sidearm and a knife. No soldier carrying any other kit was able to climb into the cockpit and fly and aircraft. That to me is a very simple, but effective class decider. Yep, I might be able to do well in support by flying a gunship - but if that helo goes down, I've got the absolute most basic of kits in order to bail out and survive. You could even make that a tactical point bonus - get your squad to rescue a downed pilot? If two or more squad mates get to a downed pilot and get him to survive 30secs say after he's bailed, let them get bonus points for it.

D.