ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

Integra Type-R DC2
Laaaaaav it. This game is going to piss all over MW3'S parade. Sorry Haddock fans.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I'll be buying both this and mw3. Was hoping this was out sooner TBH. Thought it's said it was due summer a few months ago.

Integra Type-R DC2
For anyone who has missed these...

[youtube]9UwOrl036_A[/youtube]
[youtube]aPu7-LtLKmU[/youtube]

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
That thunder run tank video looks fu@@ing awsome, just this minute pre ordered it. Be QUALO this like

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah the tank single player looked absolutely fantastic. The lighting effects were amazing.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
7 minute gamplay footage from PC multiplayer :

Last edited by a moderator:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

To go with that :

After a long wait, we finally had some time with the multiplayer part of Battlefield 3 earlier today. The map showcased was Operation Metro, which was set in Paris and offered urban combat and some tense action in a subway. We tried out most of the classes and tried as many things as possible. Here are our first impressions of the game:

•The game looks fantastic. Runs smooth, the lighting and details, the shadows are spectacular, whether indoor or outside. We dunno what hardware it was running on, but BF3 is absolutely gorgeous.
•After you die, a screen pops up that shows the custom dog tag and rank of the enemy that killed you — great little detail.
•Teams were USMC and Russians.
•Prone is back, it feels like it takes a second or so to go prone. Not too fast, not too slow, just right.
•The map offered a lot of variety: you can enter lots of buildings, go up to the second floor, camp etc. We already saw a few campers who loved the new buildings.
•Destruction is extensive and a lot more detailed. Even shooting a wall looks amazing in BF3.
•Weapons feel and sound like Bad Company 2 (on first impression), meaning they feel and sound fantastic.
•Player animations are far better than Bad Company 2 and other Battlefield games. Very fluid and lifelike, almost as if you are watching someone run in real life.
•The scoreboard looks a lot simpler than in Bad Company 2. We dunno if it was finalized or just alpha.
•We had a few awards pop up during the game (ribbons) which looked a lot like those in BF2.
•No commo rose. It wasn’t bound to the “Q” button. We looked, couldn’t find it anywhere.
•You can op-out of being revived.
•There is a health bar, but regenerative health is back.
•You can select fire mode (e.g. single shot, full auto etc.)
•4 players per squad, squad leader is indicated by a star. Squads work pretty much like in Bad Company 2, and you still get squad point bonuses.
•In support, you can use an M4 with a flashlight.
•You can mount LMGs on the ground and on most surfaces, but the gun can only pan approximately 90 degrees to left and right, which feels realistic.
Overall, we were impressed by what we saw. The game felt very solid and polished, despite being in “alpha” stage. We’ll upload some photos of the Battlefield 3 booth later today when we get back to the hotel, and we’ll try to get some interviews with DICE tomorrow.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
•The map offered a lot of variety: you can enter lots of buildings, go up to the second floor, camp etc. We already saw a few campers who loved the new buildings.

This will be a snipers paradise, IMO. Trying to work out where the b*stard is shooting from on a 2 - 3 storey building? Ouch. Suppose you could just C4 the entire place, mind ;)

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Sounds like heavy calibre rifles will take out Walls too so cover won't last long!

I always have an RPG spare!

Mega excited

Mito Sportiva 135
As long as it's smoother than BC2, which it will be, then I'll get it. The graphics need to keep smooth with no pop-up and slow down as the main priorities...any extra prettiness will be a bonus. I'm optimistic though of what the new engine might achieve.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The devs have claimed there shouldn't be too much quality loss when porting to the consoles.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

WASaD Players showing the way! :)

Would love to see the return of the 6-man squads as in BF2142 - but I suspect that that would get abused with the 'respawn on squad member' ability. Especially in the defence role.

Really, really intrigued to see if they've addressed the slightly weird assault and medic kits from BC2 as well.

D.

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
Apparently the kits are going back to the old ones. Support will have the heavy/mountable mg, assault will have revive ability instead of ammo...cant remember what else i read.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
sounds good, the BF2142 had the class kits spot on IMHO, i agree with Darren 6 man squad will be good

Do you remember the Squad Beacon Darren?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
sounds good, the BF2142 had the class kits spot on IMHO, i agree with Darren 6 man squad will be good

Do you remember the Squad Beacon Darren?

Sure do! I know I keep going on about 2142 - but DICE got SO many things right and evenly balanced with that game. The squad beacon being a perfect example. Yes, it allowed you to respawn wherever the squad leader dropped it. But to allow that in the first place, he had to use one of his allotted 'backpack' spaces to carry it.

That 'rob Peter to pay Paul' gaming mentality is superb imo - it really makes you think about what's best for you and the team as a whole.

D.

Not a 320d
Knowing EA, this game will "feel" s**t to play. Just like Medal Of honour. s**t FOV, s**t console feel. Etc.

I just hope im wrong because it looks good.

Octy VRS
For anyone interested PS3 version gets a free copy of BF1943. I've got it already. fml