ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

The slimline matte black console is here! Yay! Looks better than the shiny shiny one IMO! All ready for release day!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Server Browser confirmed for consoles.
  • When choosing multiplayer and searching for a match, options include a list of servers, the country the server is located, connection speed and stability, map and number of players.
Neat. No more just entering a random game.

AK

M240i
Server Browser confirmed for consoles.
  • When choosing multiplayer and searching for a match, options include a list of servers, the country the server is located, connection speed and stability, map and number of players.
Neat. No more just entering a random game.

Is there an option to avoid 10 year old Americans?

Cause I wouldn't select it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Does take some serious getting used to if you've played Cod for years.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I had over 200 hours on Fallout 3 too, but I think Christopher blitzed that.

200 hours was for one of my save games. :eek:

I had two others at around 45-55 hours each, also.

I played that game for two years, solid.

From the look of Skyrim, I think it's going to be a similar situation... although I'm not mad on the dragon/elf sh*t, so we'll see.

S3, Polo
I had over 200 hours on Fallout 3 too, but I think Christopher blitzed that.

Nearly 8.5 days! That's nuts! Over what period of time?

I think in a year of playing CoD4 I only spent 5 days on it and I used to get my ear bent by the wife for being on my 360 "all the time" ... (She's my ex-wife now! :cool:).

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Nearly 8.5 days! That's nuts! Over what period of time?

I think in a year of playing CoD4 I only spent 5 days on it and I used to get my ear bent by the wife for being on my 360 "all the time" ... (She's my ex-wife now! :cool:).

Since it came out. 2009 I think?

White APE
She's not a nerd... but far from perfect :quiet:

haha!

She plays COD with me too, I caught her playing on it when I walked in after work once ... now we always play COD on split screen, now she's got her own PS3 for BF3 and MW3!

Sounds like my GF.

SLK 350
Part of me really isn't a fan of BF3. I played the beta and whilst I appreciate it's a step forward in terms of realism and simulating a warzone, it seems to just lack the simplicity and fun factor that BFBC2 has in spades.

My biggest gripe (and I know many won't agree) is the fact you can go prone, I've never been a fan. The other thing is the players seem smaller somehow than BC2, i.e trying to see the mofo that's gunning you down seems that much harder.

Hopefully once vehicles pitch up, and hopefully some decent maps (the beta one was mediocre for me) I'll find the love. In the meantime I'll just enjoy my boxer shorts (Zavvi promo (weirdest promo ever)) and wait patiently. A big part of me hopes a strong BC2 community remains so I can interchange, still love that game!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Part of me really isn't a fan of BF3. I played the beta and whilst I appreciate it's a step forward in terms of realism and simulating a warzone, it seems to just lack the simplicity and fun factor that BFBC2 has in spades.

My biggest gripe (and I know many won't agree) is the fact you can go prone, I've never been a fan. The other thing is the players seem smaller somehow than BC2, i.e trying to see the mofo that's gunning you down seems that much harder.

Hopefully once vehicles pitch up, and hopefully some decent maps (the beta one was mediocre for me) I'll find the love. In the meantime I'll just enjoy my boxer shorts (Zavvi promo (weirdest promo ever)) and wait patiently. A big part of me hopes a strong BC2 community remains so I can interchange, still love that game!

I can defo see what you mean mate.

It felt to me almost too far gone from BC2, but I couldn't quite pin what the thing was.

I just hope it's not gone too far too the middle, COD being on the other side.

That might be down to how polished I think BC2 is as a playing experience, imo it's the perfect FPS, got a right mix of everything.

The lack of prone thing never really got to me in BC2 but I'm yet to see how it negatively or positively effects B3... Need more than the Beta to decide that.

It's gonna be mint eitherway I just hope it keeps up with BC2.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Yup, agree with this too, Dan.

I think it feels different because the character you are controller doesn't feel as "heavy". It's like he's just there and you aren't fully in control of what he's doing, whereas on BC2 everything you did was you're doing. It was a beta all the same and looking at the recent videos of the almost final release it looks like that problem has been sorted. The guns just didn't seem to have that weighty feel to them, either. Again, apparently sorted.

I think one thing that will confuse a lot of people is how BF/BC is played out. It's not a game all about K/D ratio or Killstreaks. It's about scoring points, helping out and increasing rank. That's the incentive. Some guy could have 20 kills and no deaths, but find himself way down on the final leaderboard because another guy has handed out 50 Ammo crates or revived a squad of casualties. It's a team game and although you can play it on your own and do your own thing, it's always an advantage looking after the people on your team. Even more so in BF3 as there are points awarded for assists and how things are done, too.

I'm sure BC2 will be a distant but very enjoyable memory once BF3 kicks in.

Here's hoping anyway!