ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Got 48,652 total score earlier on Rush :cool:

Sat there with my bot defusing the bomb over and over again in front of 3+ enemies and they never caught on! :D

172 Cup
Anyone else having trouble online this evening (xbox) - I can't join any servers it just keeps saying 'failed to join game'.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
I'll need to get further into this - but so far, it doesn't feel like a Battlefield game. I'm not saying that's a good or a bad thing - it's just different?

D.

Totally agree, but not played it on pc yet. More BC3 than BF3 imo.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Totally agree, but not played it on pc yet. More BC3 than BF3 imo.

My mate felt it was more like BC2 in terms of gameplay.

The SP campaign isn't as polished as Infinity Ward's offerings, but its still enjoyable all the same. Some funny bits in it where 'squad' members repeatedly die on the same spot! They get killed up ahead of you and when you reach that spot, you'll suddenly hear two or three 'urghs' and their bodies act as if they have just been killed again. Walk forward a short distance and you can hear them die yet again.... :)

The rapid disappearance of the bodies is getting a little off-putting now - but hopefully that will get addressed in a patch. Surely an inanimate body can't use too much in the way of texture memory?

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm enjoying it now that I can actually map the mouse controls properly!

Turns out that you can only change them from the main menu. Holdng down the Esc key for about 3-4 seconds does actually remove the key binding. Do that in-game though (and bizarrely, just on the mouse) - and it doesn't work. Oh well....

D.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
On the last mission in the Campaign atm, was a good story line etc although all war games tend to follow similar patterns in Campaign mode.

Multi-player is awesome, had a few epic games earlier this afternoon. Although I wouldn't mind unlocking Mortars and better sniper rifles.

Ph1 172
I can't believe I've haven't played any other BF game till now, have been missing out on so much. After a couple of hours online I can safey say I will NEVER play COD again.

Just need to get used to the Maps etc

Oh and if anyone wants to add me, OldSkoolPimp1983 on the PS3

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Trying to join Scutch in a squad but not working!!! I want to show him how bad a team member I am!!! lol!

Tried inviting you a few times too.

Need to work out how to join friends in games.

Server Full is a w*nk message.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I will play online but I apologise in advance for how crap I'll be.

What sets BF3 apart from MW for online play? I keep hearing it's so much better.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
This isn't a Battlefield game :(

It feels like they've tried to make it more like Modern Warfare which imo is a very bad thing. Oh well, back to CSS.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
When do you unlock the mortars, by watching that video looks abit like noob tubing with one man army I'm sure Alymac will like that. Wonder it shows up as a red dot when you fire off a round?

Fiesta ST-2
10 attempts at finding a game with a party before were even on the same team, then we manage to finally get in the same squad and the mics don't work, complete joke this squad system!

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
This isn't a Battlefield game :(

It feels like they've tried to make it more like Modern Warfare which imo is a very bad thing. Oh well, back to CSS.

It is and it very much isn't, feels more like 1942 than bf2 imo. Was going to refresh the pc for this, but having seen it now will stick with bf2-the piss poor heli/jet/vehicles ruin bc3 for me tbh. How they've manage to make such a massive step backwards in certain aspects of gameplay is lolworthy. :clown:

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
When do you unlock the mortars, by watching that video looks abit like noob tubing with one man army I'm sure Alymac will like that. Wonder it shows up as a red dot when you fire off a round?

Yes it shows up as a little mortar mark on the map, not that I've unlocked one!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It is and it very much isn't, feels more like 1942 than bf2 imo. Was going to refresh the pc for this, but having seen it now will stick with bf2-the piss poor heli/jet/vehicles ruin bc3 for me tbh. How they've manage to make such a massive step backwards in certain aspects of gameplay is lolworthy. :clown:

I must admit - I feel the SP campaign is very frustrating at times - certainly more so than the likes of BC2, etc. I can't quite put my finger on what it is - but I'll still plough on regardless. :)

D.

Integra Type-R DC2
Got the mortars earlier, you unlock them after the claymore (think its the 5th support unlock?)

Theyre quite good, albeit if your team is actually spotting enemys. Seems everytime ive used them some b*****d has clocked me and droped a mortar on my head in return.

Clio RS 182
Love this game. I was being shot at by someone in a building while i was defending a flag on CQ and my soldier shouted out 'look at that faggot with a machine gun' PMSL

Mk2 ph1 clio
I fking love this game! Despite a stupid spawn system on some maps!

I've managed to maintain a KD ratio of just over 2.5 and win loss ratio of 1.3!

Also getting the hang of jets now! Unlocked stealth, IR flares and heat seekers! Looking forward to the guided mussels to start taking out tanks!

The choppers are easy to fly once you realise its jot BFBC2! If you try to fly them like you used to you will flip it!

The mortars are nor as over powered as people think, you are very limited due to range of them and the fact you can be shot off them! Not as impressed with them as I hoped I would be! But .... I'm still gonna use em! Haha.

Mk2 ph1 clio
Love this game. I was being shot at by someone in a building while i was defending a flag on CQ and my soldier shouted out 'look at that faggot with a machine gun' PMSL

LOL there is some corkers! I was getting battered by a tank on a rooftop and my guy shouted "I'm getting my sh*t pushed in!!"