ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] COD:MW2 Official thread - Contains spoilers

Bumder With A Buffer
Lol! I went to my local ASDA tonight and they had them in stock...but the nice young girl wouldn't sell it to me no matter how hard I tried to woo her :(

C0cktease :(

182 Trophy (216/500)
On parcel force website my code stated "expected delievery date 06/11/09" didn't arrive :dapprove:.

Maybe tomorrow......

Bumder With A Buffer
^^^^ Yes!!!!!!!!! I was Reading a thread over on IW forum and people were updating the thread with "omg at the local depot ready for delivery" then it didn't turn up (this was yesterday btw) so he rung them up today screaming/crying to be told it won't go out till Tues morning. Apparently he reckoned he was going to get the police involved as it was theft of his property!!! Pmsl!

Where's Griff?? Did you get yours Griff??

Bumder With A Buffer
"IF" mine did come tomorrow or Monday it would be a bonus.

I can wait till Tuesday. The fucker better turn up though! In all my years of gaming this is the only game I've pre-ordered I think

172 Cup
Where's Griff?? Did you get yours Griff??

Did I f**k lol

Still says the same as yesterday. FA Cup tomorrow so I'm happy to wait until Monday... Tuesday... Wednesday.. Christmas... Whenever..

Track & Trace

Parcel Detail

The status of the parcel you've enquired about is displayed below.
Service: Express 24

Saying that my mate did get his today but because the PC version is dependant upon Steam even those that get the PC version early can't activate it until Tuesday.

Last edited:
  Mountune Tractor
I got my email from shopto last night aswell, can't wait for this now.
Have also heard that all suppliers have been told to hold game until release date and not to send out any earlier. I'm not fussed waiting an extra day or two (to the actual release date!)

Mountune Tractor
Has everyone been reading about prestige, perks and kill streaks? Sounds epic!
25 kill streak gives you a nuclear weapon strike, kills everyone on the map and instantly wins you the game. Sorry if repost but just heard about this today.

Heavy session last night, my eyes are square.

Off to work now too :dapprove:
Back for another late sesh tonight :approve:

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
is it possible to cancel my Game pre order this late, I've actually got a copy at work, with my name and reserved on (stock came in today)but im not allowed to take it till tuesday morning

172 Cup
Really going to get in trouble for saying this.

£26 at sainburys all formats..............

Sainsbury's doing a midnight open? I was waiting for a supermarket to do this, hopefully Tesco and Asda will follow suit.

I've placed a pre-order with game, but if supermarkets are selling cheap I just wont collect my pre-order. If supermarkets sell out i'll have my pre-order at game as a backup :)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Sainsbury's doing a midnight open? I was waiting for a supermarket to do this, hopefully Tesco and Asda will follow suit.

I've placed a pre-order with game, but if supermarkets are selling cheap I just wont collect my pre-order. If supermarkets sell out i'll have my pre-order at game as a backup :)

No sainsburys wont be doing midnight openings for it. 7am or 8am is the earliest.

I'd imagine Tesco and Asda will follow suit.

Bumder With A Buffer
How do sainsburys,tesco, asda etc manage to sell them far cheaper then the likes of game, shopto etc ??? :S

dk

911 GTS Cab
How do sainsburys,tesco, asda etc manage to sell them far cheaper then the likes of game, shopto etc ??? :S
because those companies are just selling at what they can get away with, IW raised the price so they got more of the action too, the online people will sell all around the same so they get as much as they can, the game to them from distribution is probably only £25 at the most in the quantities they purchase so sainsburys will be using it as a loss leader, just like they did to lure people in with their petrol stations etc.

For a supermarket its all about small margins but masses of them etc. They will do a big advertising campaign in the papers no doubt at being the cheapest place to get the hottest game and they will sell out on day one without a problem, but while people are at the back of the store buying it, they have to pass through the rest of the store twice and are likely to buy other stuff, especially if they are doing it in their lunch hour.

Pretty basic economics really, not that i am an expert.

Do the same with Beer promotions too based on the fact you'll go in and buy a food shop too. Especially in the summer months when everyone goes BBQ crazy, snare them with cheap beer and once they're in you sell meat, rolls, salad, condoments etc.

Bumder With A Buffer
I understand why they do it but it must be that they dont make f**k all money on them?? But i suppose as they sell millions of them its all profit. "Personally" I just go in nd buy the game..dont spend anymore money then that

Shirley at some point everyone will stop buying them from places like Game etc as they are just too pricey???

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Just phoned my local Sainsburys branch, she said call or pop in on Tuesday first thing as she said she cant tell us how much and how many copies are due to come in untill release.

If it is £26 from there can i just cancel my online GAME pre order

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Can I get mine at midnight, then go collect one at Sainsbury's and take it back to game and get my monies back? ;)

Skoda Fabia vRS
its on a few forums at the mo not just this one, someone apparently reserved a copy and was charged this price, however loads of people have since rang to be told they are not taking pre orders

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Oh for f***s sake can a mod delete the post i made? No one outside of sainsburys is meant to know this yet and people are phoning stores the idiots. Basically we got the cardboard shipper. Copies of the game. A memo and prices. The memo said in caps. Do not share with anyone outside of sainsburys lol. If its on over forums cool but id appreciate if a mod could clean up this thread lol

We dont do pre orders either as far as i know. Just first come first serve

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

Supermarkets have more buying power than any other company. They are so powerful its untrue. They use it as a loss leadet