ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] COD:MW2 Official thread - Contains spoilers

Mountune Tractor
My local morrison's have huge signs up at front of store but no mention of price on them. Like you said crazy, will probably be £24 or something. doh.

Bumder With A Buffer
MEh il stick with my Pre Order from ShopTo I think.

But if it aint here by lunchtime then im going to ASDA/Tesco.

Mountune Tractor
From another forum:

adison:
Sainsburys £26 ?

Asda £27 ?

Tesco £28 ?

Morrisons £30 ?

all the rumoured prices so far

Asda and Tesco Have stores that open midnight ( check your local store times ).

Sainsburys and Morrisons will open in the Morning.

Its going to be one interesting day.

Probably bulls**t rumours. Who knows.

Bus w**ker
I've been playing it all morning and it's f**king mint. Plays just like COD 4 but smoother (if that makes sense). Online is awesome at the minute as no one is glitching or able to camp out too much, although some nerds are already running around as 2nd Lieutenants.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I might pop down to local supermarket and pick one up and when my GAME arrives i'll just sell that one on

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I cant afford much pennies... Tempted to wait, but don't think I can :(

I've asda are duin it cheap, but only at midnight.

Bumder With A Buffer
I still dont understand why ASDA/Tesco etc would sell a game for less then they buy it! Maybe thats why im not rich :(

Mountune Tractor
I still dont understand why ASDA/Tesco etc would sell a game for less then they buy it! Maybe thats why im not rich :(

I think it's because they bank on the fact that you pick up other items while your there, which research shows many people do. 'Oh while I'm here I may as well pick up some milk, a paper and a packet of fags'

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I think it's because they bank on the fact that you pick up other items while your there, which research shows many people do. 'Oh while I'm here I may as well pick up some milk, a paper and a packet of fags'

I'm buying sherberts and snacks lol :D

Mountune Tractor
SHOPTO DELIVERY NOTICE

Your Order has been dispatched!

GET IN! Still probably arrive Tuesday. Doh.

Bumder With A Buffer
I reckon Tuesday..although if it comes Monday then Bonus :)

28 years old and im more excited then a kid at xmas :eek:

Bumder With A Buffer

Yeah I see that but shirley the extra someone might spend doesnt make up for their losses?? :S

Say the game costs them £35 to buy and they sell it at £28 as a loss (£7 loss) Someone would have to spend 7-10 extra in store to help them break even. I know I dont do that whenever I buy a game from them :S

Again I don't understand all this economics b****cks hence why in not rich :)

Mountune Tractor
Yeah I see that but shirley the extra someone might spend doesnt make up for their losses?? :S

Say the game costs them £35 to buy and they sell it at £28 as a loss (£7 loss) Someone would have to spend 7-10 extra in store to help them break even. I know I dont do that whenever I buy a game from them :S

Again I don't understand all this economics b****cks hence why in not rich :)

I'm no expert either but I don't think the margins are that big mate. They probably won't make any money on them, but I doubt they make much of a loss.

Bumder With A Buffer
I know they can afford to but it just seems soo weird to get your head around.

What happens "IF" the major retailers stop selling games as everyone starts to buy from Tesco/ASDA etc.

Then when theres no competition left only the Supermarkets will be left..they could bump the price back up and then no more cheap games :S

172//Crap Micra//Bus
What's so difficult to believe? The Supermarket's aim is wipe out the competition, and they will go along way to do that... even make loses in certain key areas of business. Look at these Asda adverts on TV.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
just pre ordered mine at my local game store but the b*****ds robbed me of £3 first for a loyalty card ( which i'll probably never use again ):mad: i then asked if i could pay for the game now but the bird behind the counter said they haven't got a priced confirmed yet but went on to show me a list of games i could return along with saying " if you bring any of the mentioned games in you will get mw2 for £25 as its will then be half price..." i then said "so its gonna be £50 when its released " to which she said probably yeah:dead: so looking like £53 for mine form game atm... gonna go into tesco on monday night and see if i can get a cheaper copy if not will walk over to game and grab my pre order as they are in the same place...

172 Cup
^^Doing the same thing as you Jay, I did the same with game and got charged £3 for that card.

I dont see game doing it for £50 especially with the amount of pressure from supermarkets nowdays.

I'm trading in cod4 mw so get it half price.. Hoping it comes out for £45 and tehrefore cost me £22.50 :)

E87 118d M Sport
just had an email from shopto saying it has been despatched and "should be with me tomoro", which im presuming means monday

WIN!!!!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Do u guys really think sainsburys are paying £26 for the game? Id be suprised if they pay £20

you do not realise the power of supermarkets. Theres a film about walmart and the same applies with uk supermarkets. For example lets say mc cain oven chips go on offer buy one get one free. Mccain would foot the bill. Mcain would then pay for an area on thr edge of the aisle for example. The sticker or poster on advertising the offer? Thats £5k lol. Alot of my job is making sure the stock levels are maintained throughout the period and that the brands plinths are set up correctly

its better financially for mccain to make 10p profit per bag of chips and sell a million than make 50p a bag and sell a few thousand

loss leaders are designed to get u into the store. Morrisons do these £4 for 8 items deals but people will do their weekly shpp and spend £60. The small loss they have made is more than covered with the other items. If you have a good experience there people may use them all the time

Last edited:
  Bumder With A Buffer
just had an email from shopto saying it has been despatched and "should be with me tomoro", which im presuming means monday

WIN!!!!

Your reading it wrong...

"We are pleased to inform you that your order has been dispatched today by 1st Class Recorded Signed For Delivery. You should receive your order in the mail tomorrow, please keep this email until your order arrives. Please note if you change your mind about a purchase you may return it to us unopened at your own expense within 7 days of receipt of goods for a full refund, after 7 days we do not accept any returns. We only accept cancellation by email; please keep copy of the email as proof of notification."

Royal Mail... All ShopTo's have been sent via UKMAIL. Thats not saying it wont be there Monday but from what I have heard UKMAIL have been requested to not deliver them till Monday.

Although I wont be moaning if mine turns up Monday too :) :)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Oh and

5a6f7091.gif