ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] COD:MW2 Official thread - Contains spoilers

Is there any updates on supermarket prices? I thought they might have been in todays papers or something similar
£26 sainsburys. Trust me

Trust me, whatever Sainsbury's price is, ASDA will match/undercut it.

ASDA have A LOT of pre-orders with zero deposits which they've ordered in stock for, plus normal sales volume, and will loose a lot of custom if Sainsburys undercut them.

ASDA's price is currently at £32 for Monday midnight (as of now), but headoffice are aware of other Supermarket prices, and plan to adjust their prices due to the 'leak'.

Expect some interesting adverts/prices tomorrow :cool:

Source - My Dad, GSM at ASDA after I asked him to call in this afternoon for some info.

How do you pre order/reserve at zero deposit at Asda?

Up until 03/11/2009 you could walk into ASDA, ask to pre-order the game at the DVD/Game desk.

No deposit was taken and no details. A receipt was printed which you take in when collecting the game, and the game will be held for 3 days only.

Same applies for all new releases at ASDA now.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Those vids are awsome, the first one a guy got like 36 odd kills and the other guy on his team got 26 odd kills and the other team not one of them got over 10 kills each very intresting that like. i'll end up being the one where i only get 7 kills in a game i think it'll be hard for me, it'll be camper heaven on this game with it being a bigger map. when you get the chopper it'll make a big difference on your score just mowing them down on one video a guy got like 10+ kills on a single go on it, it's going to be swings and roundabouts i think. Better be no hackers or it'll peeeee me right of esp when they get their hands on the nuke.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Question,, on that gatling gun as seen on that video you can drop it and pick it up and place it to another location but is it just you or can another team member pick it up also?

Those vids are awsome, the first one a guy got like 36 odd kills and the other guy on his team got 26 odd kills and the other team not one of them got over 10 kills each very intresting that like. i'll end up being the one where i only get 7 kills in a game i think it'll be hard for me, it'll be camper heaven on this game with it being a bigger map. when you get the chopper it'll make a big difference on your score just mowing them down on one video a guy got like 10+ kills on a single go on it, it's going to be swings and roundabouts i think. Better be no hackers or it'll peeeee me right of esp when they get their hands on the nuke.

You need 10 odd kills to get it first. lol.

Bumder With A Buffer
Dont call me shirley.....

Could be I suppose. Although the PS3 hacks utilised changing the game save file..f**k knows if it would be the same in the new one..im not that geeky! :eek:

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
can you and a mate just muck around killing each other and stack up the points getting unlocks and so on? if so bad crack!

S3, Polo
can you and a mate just muck around killing each other and stack up the points getting unlocks and so on? if so bad crack!

No. Don't worry. If they allowed that, it would ruin the whole experience!

Loving the MP & SP - Not tried Spec Ops yet...

The SP is definitely better than MW - No AI grenade spammers that seem to be able to drop a grenade at your feet - whilst behind cover - from 100 yds. That was gay.

I went straight in on 'Hardened' and so far, they also seem to have disguised the usual and slightly irritating CoD trait of throwing a relentless horde of AI 'baddies' at you - it's almost like you clear an area and it stays cleared - much more realistic! :) It's still utterly frenetic and pressured though, so don't feel this is a bad point!

The favela is f*cking hard though, and the airport - for the most part - does seem a bit gratuitous? Thoughts?

IMO - AWESOME!

* I am noticing more and more people 'hunting' for glitches though - prats...

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
EPICNESS.

not sure on the nuke though, soon as people start hacking the game they'l be getting nukes all the time like in waw where they have dogs / artillary constantly.

Was that on ps3? I never saw that on 360.

Only problems were getting under maps but they fixed that pretty quickly.

Bus w**ker
This game is f**king epic. Just completed the single player game, on normal, in just over 6 hours since getting it yesterday and there's still something called Special Ops to do not to mention online.

Best game I've ever played TBH.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
what's spec op like? been looking at the spec op video with you on the ground and your mate in the ac-130 now that's looks MINT

Washington

ClioSport Club Member
Was that on ps3? I never saw that on 360.

Only problems were getting under maps but they fixed that pretty quickly.

to be fair Infinity Ward are running MW2, not the amateurs at Treyarch. The online experience will be a more tighter ship like Modern Warfare is/was/tiswas

Washington

ClioSport Club Member
Whats the Spec ops thing then?? I cant be arsed to read up about it :eek:

You and a mate against loads of baddies in a variety of scenarios. Latest mode in shoot em ups, like Horde in Gears of War 2 and Firefight in Halo ODST. Lots of smarter, ghillied up snipers and a chap called the Juggernaut who's armoured to the nines and requires a few 50 cal shots to take down.

Bumder With A Buffer
Infinity Ward did Cod4 too though.

Edit your thinking of COD5..Teryach did that..although they did do the conversion for the wii on COD4 it seems.

to be fair Infinity Ward are running MW2, not the amateurs at Treyarch. The online experience will be a more tighter ship like Modern Warfare is/was/tiswas

There were just as many problems with Modern warfare 1, even recently the PS3 version was hacked so bad it was barely playable.

S3, Polo
There were just as many problems with Modern warfare 1, even recently the PS3 version was hacked so bad it was barely playable.

Ah, the UFO hack. That was good fun - for a while. Only because the game was 2 years old and people were getting bored. The UFO hack was responsible for me putting MW back into my disc drive. Good effort IMO. LOL.

I really enjoyed World at War, regardless of all of the criticisms. It was just FUN.

However, poor QC at Treyarch made me feel cheated by allowing lots of glitchers to ruin the online experience. Shame.

Modern Warfare 2 feels very polished (like MW) and might just be the most fun game I've ever played.

Haven't read the thread, so may be a repost, for those who've not pre-ordered, this is due to be £26 in Sainsburys on release day only.

I really enjoyed World at War, regardless of all of the criticisms. It was just FUN.

However, poor QC at Treyarch made me feel cheated by allowing lots of glitchers to ruin the online experience. Shame.

Modern Warfare 2 feels very polished (like MW) and might just be the most fun game I've ever played.

Loved W@W tbh but it was the first WW2 shooter I had ever played!

Haven't read the thread, so may be a repost, for those who've not pre-ordered, this is due to be £26 in Sainsburys on release day only.

Aye its been said once or twice, am half tempted to try and buy a copy and send my overpriced one back to shopto, its just the thought of fighting through all the 'commoners' that is putting me off ;)

Bumder With A Buffer
do this geddes

[ youtube ] 0WSd6eRUDQ8 [ /youtube ]

And input part of the code.

Edit what plummer said

Although the code you need to put in is after the = sign from its usually about 11 characters long.

Basically after the = sign and before any & signs you see.

S3, Polo
Re: Sainsbury's BARGAIN!! >>>> I thought I did well by getting it for £37 from CoolShop.

Bugger. Oh well.