ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] COD:MW2 Official thread - Contains spoilers

172//Crap Micra//Bus
pmsl, i've heard nowt about the killin spree bit, don't even know what is was for... epic game though, truely awesome. ps3 have failed big time with the invites though, i mean... ffs!!

PS: Congrats to Darren for the Mod Job ;)

Titanium 182
Completed, liked it. :)

I felt a bit guilty on the airport mission though ! Can't complain as it warns you at the start and says you don't have to do it.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I thought IW told us that the sentry gun can be shot with 1 round or what ever i was firing it with a full clip still didnt explode. has the sentry gun been changed or this is a glitch?

Nissan 350z
Well i dont know about you lot but i found the online system pretty poor last night. Seemed like i spent the majority of my time trying to get into a game rather than playing it, more so as it got later at night.

Example:
- Join a queue in matchmaking, find enough people to start, game picks a host, host leaves, game tries to pick a different host, gives up and kicks everyone back to lobby.

- Finally get in a game and play for abit, host quits, game tries to pick another host, gives up and kicks everyone back to lobby.

Dont get me wrong, once i was in a stable game it was great and i played for a couple of hours. It just seems like the process of getting a game sucks balls. And more so the later it gets due to the Americans playing and having worse pings i guess?

How did you find it?

Skoda Fabia vRS
i didnt have any issues whatsoever yesterday playing online (Xbox)

i did however end up with what im calling 'COD eye', both my eyes were bloodshot from playing it from 7:30am

E87 118d M Sport
Im upto Act III Chapter II and what can i say. the storymode is BRILLIANT! Loads of good things happen (if youve played the storymode on cod4) and i cant wait to see where its going.

Mazda 3 MPS
How did you find it?

I put i down to the sheer amount of people that would have been online last night really. There were over 500,000 people in the playlists when I went offline.

And it was going up. I think connection and stuff will get better as time goes on.

right started playing last night im level 14/15 i cant remember im loving it now apart from the lack of party chat that means i have to go through the room muting everyone just incase they are a gobby little s**t

case in question my first match i fall in with about 50 seconds left it finishes with me on 1-2 so not great obviously some little s**t starts screaming and laughing etc next game i was 17-8 he was 4-10 lol

but tbh i can do without them shouting all through the match

oh and that L86LSW rocks

E87 118d M Sport
according to a guy i work with, he went to sainsburys at lunch yesterday and managed to get 1 of the last 5 copies for ps3. they said they were having more of both formats delivered today.

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
right started playing last night im level 14/15 i cant remember im loving it now apart from the lack of party chat that means i have to go through the room muting everyone just incase they are a gobby little s**t

case in question my first match i fall in with about 50 seconds left it finishes with me on 1-2 so not great obviously some little s**t starts screaming and laughing etc next game i was 17-8 he was 4-10 lol

but tbh i can do without them shouting all through the match

oh and that L86LSW rocks
If you send a chat invite through the normal 360 menu you can chat that way. Think that's only between two people though.

its the racist and gay taunts that everyone slings about that gets me im neither an ethnic minority or gay (despite the MX5) but they depress me and id rather not have to put up with it :(

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
All the pop ups on live f**k me off majorly.

I liked how WAW played online far better, Plus the scoring system was 10000000 times better.

Audi S1
I just got told off at work for talking about Mw2 lol ooops - "can you be quite whilst I concentrate please, stop talking about that ware game."

Revels Mum & Sister
Well i dont know about you lot but i found the online system pretty poor last night. Seemed like i spent the majority of my time trying to get into a game rather than playing it, more so as it got later at night.

Example:
- Join a queue in matchmaking, find enough people to start, game picks a host, host leaves, game tries to pick a different host, gives up and kicks everyone back to lobby.

- Finally get in a game and play for abit, host quits, game tries to pick another host, gives up and kicks everyone back to lobby.

Dont get me wrong, once i was in a stable game it was great and i played for a couple of hours. It just seems like the process of getting a game sucks balls. And more so the later it gets due to the Americans playing and having worse pings i guess?

How did you find it?

I had these issues as well! :( Got a couple games in but that was it.

Hopefully rinse it some more tonight! Loving it though. Confused about points and stuff but sure I will get used to it.

I can't get my head around the scoring system on MW2.

On WaW on TDM games it was 10points per kill, on S&D was 50points per kill.

On MW2 on TDM it's 100points per kill, but on S&D it's still 50points a kill.

Is that right? Some things are X10?

I've played for 9hours, and at level 26/27, just seems to be taking forever to rank up compared to WaW!!!

Nissan 350z
The revenge kill pop ups etc etc

I know what you mean. They take up 1/3rd of the screen with a big white box with yellow glowing border saying "+150 for killing someone!!!" followed by another "+50 for getting revenge!!!!" and "+50 for stoping him from a kill streak!!!" etc

Does kinda detract from the warfare setting and make it more arcadey :rolleyes:

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I know what you mean. They take up 1/3rd of the screen with a big white box with yellow glowing border saying "+150 for killing someone!!!" followed by another "+50 for getting revenge!!!!" and "+50 for stoping him from a kill streak!!!" etc

Does kinda detract from the warfare setting and make it more arcadey :rolleyes:

Gets on my tit's totally. Just 10 points for killing someone will do tbh.

No problems getting online (ps3)

Story mode is ok IMO online is great ( airport map rocks)

Not game of the year for me tho still uncharted 2

E87 118d M Sport
in my opinion uncharted is game of the year. but it wont get it cuz its not multiplatform.

but like ive said, i wouldnt really wanna comment until i have played MW2 for ATLEAST 20 hours

Completed, liked it. :)

I felt a bit guilty on the airport mission though ! Can't complain as it warns you at the start and says you don't have to do it.
My bro's mate has done it too, I think my bro is battling on with it. I don't have a clue about the game tbh, not my thing.

Revels Mum & Sister
in my opinion uncharted is game of the year. but it wont get it cuz its not multiplatform.

but like ive said, i wouldnt really wanna comment until i have played MW2 for ATLEAST 20 hours

I am loving Uncharted. SP V SP I reckon Uncharted has it. It does completely immerse you. However MW2 is MW2. Mayhem! Great fun as a pick up and play for 10 mins.

E87 118d M Sport
SP vs SP uncharted wins hands down. but then its is a storymode based game with a little online. MW2 is the complete opposite. its all about the online, and the storymode is something that doesnt make it for everyone. i reakon most people would still pay for the online bit only if it was an option. i know a few people who havent ever played the storymode. their loss tho imo

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I played a few multiplayer games last night which was ok, normally takes me quite a while to get into it. No complaints though and all seems significantly better than mw.

The single player game is fantastic! really enjoying it so far, loved the snow level, and the airport level, well, it was a bit of a quilty pleasure if i'm totally honest. Stuck on the Favela now.

The graphics are immense, and probably the best i've ever seen on a console. Lovely details everywhere. I had to look twice at the blood on the dash of the car at the start of the favela level. Sound is great too through my X1's.

Its probably the best game i've ever played and i've barely scratched the surface!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
just to add that i didn't see any lag or problems in the MP last night. a credit to xbox live and IW considering the amount of people playing it.