ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] COD:MW2 Official thread - Contains spoilers

172 Cup
I plan to get as much time in this week on the game, then will have to put it aside as my uni work needs to be done.

So far i'm amazed and cant fault the game at all.

Revo Stage 1 Leon FR
Just finished the game, absolutely ace !!!

Now to try go through it on Veteran and collect all the intel, eeek.

Anyone tried the special ops / multiplayer yet ?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
been on SP for abit and went online and now it's coming up with 'ONLINE STATUS' it's searching for rank, unlocks and stuff it seems to be searching and searching not going any where

I'll leave the single player for a few months I think as Uncharted 2, Gay Tony, Forza and Demon Souls need some attention!!

Graphics are very good on multiplayer but its soooooo arcadey with all the points for this and points for that jumping up at you! You knew where you were with MW1 10 points per kill:D

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
is there any one having problems like trying to go online when you press the online button it's doing updates it's been updating for the past 10 mins on the main menu

edit sorted

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
just got the game and wont connect me to any games this happen to anyone else ? (360)

You can play online, but for some stupid reason if i tried to add you into a match it wont, says game no longer valid, its doing my head in, :(and this is for ps3, so you lot with 360 must have it too..

172 Cup
I was playing all this morning with no problems connecting, xbox360 by the way.

is your NAT setting open?

M135i
I'm only up to lvl 13 on multiplayer at the moment, but damn its good. Theres a few nice places you can jump onto and snipe from. I'm loving it!

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
What the f**k, i bought it on PC, go to install it, it connects to steam and asks for the serial number of the game, fine i thought, then it decides it wants to DOWNLOAD the f**king game that i've got sat here infront of me on 2 DVD's, and then tells me the STEAM servers are too busy and to try again later! i don't want to download the f**king game i have it on DVD!! GRRRR. Help?!

What the f**k, i bought it on PC, go to install it, it connects to steam and asks for the serial number of the game, fine i thought, then it decides it wants to DOWNLOAD the f**king game that i've got sat here infront of me on 2 DVD's, and then tells me the STEAM servers are too busy and to try again later! i don't want to download the f**king game i have it on DVD!! GRRRR. Help?!

1. Close Steam (File > Exit).
2. Go to the Start button and select Run (XP) or type Run in the Search box and choose Run from the list (Vista).
3. In the Run window type:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -install E:

Replace E: with the CD/DVD drive you are installing from if is not correct.
Replace C:\Program Files\Steam if your Steam installation is not in the default location.

4. Press OK. Your installation should continue from the disc.

Source : http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...php?p=11955274

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
1. Close Steam (File > Exit).
2. Go to the Start button and select Run (XP) or type Run in the Search box and choose Run from the list (Vista).
3. In the Run window type:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -install E:

Replace E: with the CD/DVD drive you are installing from if is not correct.
Replace C:\Program Files\Steam if your Steam installation is not in the default location.

4. Press OK. Your installation should continue from the disc.

Source : http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...php?p=11955274

I don't follow what you mean with any of that, If i copy that into run it just opens steam, and that link does not work/

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I see what u meant now i think its working, the -install D: bit confused me i thought i was just typing the bit in the " into run, it looks like its working now.

Is anyone having a problem getting friends into their party? Me and the lads are struggling like f**k to get into eachothers games. (ps3)

S3, Polo
^^ yep, not working - seems to be a problem with the convoluted 'invites' system on the PS3 :( - The old system was far more elegant...

Another way of installing on PC is to start the install as normal until it tells you that its gonna download from steam. Cancel the install and put the DVD back in. Click "Reinstall" and it will start the install again from the disk

Astra Bertone Coupe
Loving this although a still think they've missed a trick by not puttin in a cover system ala Brothers in Arms or Rainbow Six, that would make it so much better IMO.

a burnt one
Only played for an hour last night, just skipped single player and went straight to multiplayer.

For all the great additions and as hard as it is to fathom, gameplay has improved, i just feel all the alerts popping up are quite off-putting.

Im not really interested if i've got a buzzkill or a revenge kill and it is losing my concentration trying to keep up with everything that is coming onto the screen.

No doubt i'll get used to it but that was first impressions after an hour.

Mini JCW
^ Agreed totally.

It seems far more 'arcadey' now, not the clean crisp presentation of the previous installment.

It just seems far less pure and far too tinkered with now :(

Theres 403k playing the game on ps3 online, thats why it aint workin :(

Add that to the 370k on 360 i read somewhere maybe this forum!

and prob a good 400k pc users

403,000+370,000+400,000 =1173000 X by say £30 per game = £35190000 not a bad bit of money made in the first few days

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Wow.. What a game.. Anyone any good at the infiltration mode on Spec ops!??!?!
Solid as fook!

spec ops is hard, i cant get 2stars in the first one, im that s**t :eek: lol

edit, just got 2 stars, 35seconds to get 3, asif, unless you just run and dont kill no enemys

S3, Polo
^ Go through once. Second time round swap your weapons for the MP5 and APC.

Run through and shoot the first few from the hip. Try not to 'spray' bullets.

As you drop down from the house swap weapons.

Also, it helps that you can take down multiple targets if they are directly infront of one another... :)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'm finding this game online harder than COD4 theres so much going on loads more space , more hiding points . I'm getting slaughtered omg