ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] COD:MW2 Official thread - Contains spoilers

Motorbikes
Same, had a lot of lag in one game last night.

Stuck on the oil rig mission though, where the baddies create a smoke screen. Use the thermal scope but still they just keep coming and shoot you to bits. I've tried 3 different approaches: sniping my way down the left, sniping my way down the right and all guns blazing down the midddle but neither work for me :(

Bumder With A Buffer
I thought they were resetting the scores??

Checked the leader boards last nite on PS3 and some guy is level 70..with a play time of almost 3 days.

Impossible if they were being reset

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
just to add that i didn't see any lag or problems in the MP last night. a credit to xbox live and IW considering the amount of people playing it.

I kept getting lag last night. That also got on my tits...

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I played a few multiplayer games last night which was ok, normally takes me quite a while to get into it. No complaints though and all seems significantly better than mw.

The single player game is fantastic! really enjoying it so far, loved the snow level, and the airport level, well, it was a bit of a quilty pleasure if i'm totally honest. Stuck on the Favela now.

The graphics are immense, and probably the best i've ever seen on a console. Lovely details everywhere. I had to look twice at the blood on the dash of the car at the start of the favela level. Sound is great too through my X1's.

Its probably the best game i've ever played and i've barely scratched the surface!

High praise indeed.

I played single player last night, too. Think I completed around 4 or 5 levels. I'm on the level now after the one where you try to protect the fast food restaurant and call in airstrikes on the lappy, where you guide the missiles yourself. Quite cool. Also took out the two mobile APV's with the rocket launcher on the roof of the building where you climb up the ladder in the kitchen.

PMSL @ the airport level though. It felt wrong, but as I saw innocent people crawling or gasping for breath, I couldn't help but shoot them some more. I think I was putting them out of their misery. Yes, that was it.

Bit of a c*nts trick at the end of that mission, though.

Tis good. I also left it on pause for an hour or so to do some work on computer, and had a few requests left when I returned. Apologies.

:cool:

BMW E92/Audi S3
High praise indeed.

I played single player last night, too. Think I completed around 4 or 5 levels. I'm on the level now after the one where you try to protect the fast food restaurant and call in airstrikes on the lappy, where you guide the missiles yourself. Quite cool. Also took out the two mobile APV's with the rocket launcher on the roof of the building where you climb up the ladder in the kitchen.

PMSL @ the airport level though. It felt wrong, but as I saw innocent people crawling or gasping for breath, I couldn't help but shoot them some more. I think I was putting them out of their misery. Yes, that was it.

Tis good. I also left it on pause for an hour or so to do some work on computer, and had a few requests left when I returned. Apologies.

Me too. I was hoping for a "Press Y to teabag the dying woman" too.

my thoughts on this game

fuqqz7.gif

Revels Mum & Sister
High praise indeed.

My only complaint about the Airport level was I could not reload the MG quick enough LOL

M135i
how happy am I?! When I pre-ordered from amazon, the game was £43.99. Under their price guarantee, the game was £32.00 when shipped, so they've refunded me the difference! win.

I'll be back on later.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i was playing a multiplayer game last night and it showed the last kill, 1 guy was crouched down and the other guy knifed him, money started flying everywhere, i was like WTF, for a while i thought he'd killed him by throwing a wad of notes?

i was playing a multiplayer game last night and it showed the last kill, 1 guy was crouched down and the other guy knifed him, money started flying everywhere, i was like WTF, for a while i thought he'd killed him by throwing a wad of notes?

i spotted that too in another map the one with the big hedge in it some one got shot and the money just fell everywhere

BMW E46 330i Touring
Dammit, I picked this up yesterday evening knowing I couldn't play it until after work today. I promised myself I wouldn't be sad and get all excited about it...

... I just want to get home now!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Not got the game yet but this sounds like its really moved to a more arcade type game :(:(

don't worry it hasn't. its just different, a lot of people don't like change, but would probably have moaned if it was the same at MW.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's not that arcadey imo.

Great blend of fun and some awesome graphics ect...

Got up to 15 last night saving the full game for around xmas time when i'm off work.

Played a couple of games in seb's session last night no idea how I done it tho.

172 Cup
I see what you mean by the 'arcade' feel of the game.

I think with the numbers popping up for revenge and stopping a streak etc. could have been more subtle. Included with this you get the players title/emblem popping up on the screen aswell which I dont like.. Could have just kept the nice subtle name of the player you have killed without there nice flashy emblem too.

Titanium 182
I'm going to rip this game a new arse hole this month then play dragon age at xmas, I'm off for nearly three weeks :rasp:

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
finished sp last night

very entertaining game, much as i expected it to be after playing cod4, they haven't really pushed any boundaries imo, but it is a very good game

one thing i think it lacks though is what dragon rising offers, and that is the trajectory/speed of bullet compensation when firing at long distances. don't know if it's just me, but in sp at a certain point it seems to apply, but then for the rest of the game and mp it doesn't :S

Revels Mum & Sister
finished sp last night

very entertaining game, much as i expected it to be after playing cod4, they haven't really pushed any boundaries imo, but it is a very good game

one thing i think it lacks though is what dragon rising offers, and that is the trajectory/speed of bullet compensation when firing at long distances. don't know if it's just me, but in sp at a certain point it seems to apply, but then for the rest of the game and mp it doesn't :S

But its not a SIM. It wouldnt ruin it.

If you want to see these things go join the Forces ;)

2014 Focus Titanium
It's not arcady its just little changes which have made the game not the same as 4 or 5. I remember this time last year everyong saying COD5 wasn't different enough from COD4 and banging on about it just being "COD4.5". Now there are changes, people b**ch again lol. It's better, simples!

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
But its not a SIM. It wouldnt ruin it.

If you want to see these things go join the Forces ;)

i know its not a sim, but at a certain point it turns into one (having to lead the shots so they hit the moving target etc)

it was only my opinion :clown:

Mountune Tractor
This game is immense!
Love how it has moved on from COD4, would have been s**t if the scoring system had been the same. Games evolve and it would have been a flop if they had made it the same as before. The sp storyline is brilliant and the online play is fantastic, especially at the moment where I'm getting 15:3 streaks with all the noobs running around. I normally get as many deaths as kills on COD4 so this is sweet. lol.
My only 1 gripe is that I couldn't invite any of my friends to join my party last night, hopefully this gets sorted soon.
10/10 from me.