ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] COD:MW2 Official thread - Contains spoilers

dk

911 GTS Cab
not sure if this has been posted as this thread moves so damn fast but the first day sales of MW2 are out and its smashed all records!

Modern Warfare 2 has become the fastest-selling game ever in the UK.
The title sold 1.23 million copies in its first 24 hours on release, smashing the previous day one record of 631,000 units set by Grand Theft Auto IV, according to MCV.
Activision has also shipped an unprecedented three million copies to retailers, which it hopes will satisfy both launch demand and sales leading up to Christmas.
Midnight openings of game stores across the country were arranged in order to cater for the high demand.
Modern Warfare 2 was released on 360 and PS3 earlier this week. The Steam PC version will be available tomorrow.

dk

911 GTS Cab
wonder what the worldwide figures will be, to sell 1.2million on day one in the uk alone is immense tbh

Bumder With A Buffer
I posted a pic with their estimated first week sales a few posts back...they reckon 9million in the first week??!!

Bumder With A Buffer
The games industry must make a bloody killing nowadays despite what people say.

If 10 million copies get sold and say the average price is what £30?? That's a lot of moola to take in in one week!!??

I wonder what the proper retail cost of a game like this is?? £15?? £20??

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
no wonder the servers are down bet they didnt realise be that amount.

I found it too hard on Reglular too hard so i've restarted it on easy :eek:. I'm on to the breach in the showers i've re started it about 7 times still not passed it.

I'm gong to be so bad on the co op i think

BMW E92/Audi S3
Good. They deserve it the cheap impatient f*****s.
"EYE'M BETTAH THAN YUU, I HAS A GAYM THAH AIN OUT YET"

i got my first big kill streak last night 17or 18 i cant remember to 0 stupidly id taken the ac130 off as a killstreak perk just before that game grr by the end of the game though i was 26 for 12 lol i was on fire then the next moment i was getting pissed on by everyone

Bumder With A Buffer
I dont really understand the killstreaks.

the other day on that big level with the trenches (overgrown or something??) I did a 19-0 ,so in theory a 19 killstreak, but it hasnt shown up on my leaderboard yet??

Also when you get a care package at 3 kills and you get an attack helicopter/AC130 or similar the kills didnt seem to tot my killstreak up??

On another level ,I cant remember what I had set but I had a pavelow which is 9??? Got a care package at 3 kills with an attack helicopter (the one you control/shoot from) and got at least 5-6 kills with that and once that had finished I got a few more kills on top after that (I counted about 12-13) but didnt get my pavelow??

E87 118d M Sport
OMFG the storymode is EPIC!!!!! just finished it (regular - 6 hours) and loved every minute!

the twists are insane!!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm not sure if helicopter ect... count towards your skill streak mate.

Could be wrong tho.

i got my first big kill streak last night 17or 18 i cant remember to 0 stupidly id taken the ac130 off as a killstreak perk just before that game grr by the end of the game though i was 26 for 12 lol i was on fire then the next moment i was getting pissed on by everyone

I saw you're on 17 :cool:

I dont really understand the killstreaks.

the other day on that big level with the trenches (overgrown or something??) I did a 19-0 ,so in theory a 19 killstreak, but it hasnt shown up on my leaderboard yet??

I believe your killstreak perks (or at least the chopper) doesn't count towards the leaderboard killstreak.

I'm not sure if helicopter ect... count towards your skill streak mate.

Could be wrong tho.

+1

Does anyone know what the BEST game type is for most points?

I was averaging 9,500 Total XP Earned on Headquaters, not sure if that's good compared to S&D and TDM?

Contents of the care packages don't contribute to your kill streak.

Whether its just care packages, or aicraft/perks in general I'm not sure, but the care packages is a defo.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm loving the care package, and using 'hardline pro' to get it early :D
Actually using this a lot mate. Really good even if it's just a quick uav to find people, well worth it for just 2 kills.

i only have hardline at the mo havent used it enough not spending enough time on it though but will be on all day saturday if i can

Bumder With A Buffer
I use hardline too :)

so if you get 2 kills, get care package, get a helicopter and get 10 kills it doesn't count towards your in-game killstreak?? You would still have to get 5 more kills to unlock say your pavelow??

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it adds onto your score as kills but not your killstreak, it's always been like that.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ah never even noticed and never played waw online as I hate ww2 crap! I mean hasn't it been done to death.

So it definitely doesn't count in this one then?

Bumder With A Buffer
Yeah it adds onto your score as kills but not your killstreak, it's always been like that.

No it hasn't???

Cod4 you would get 5 kills, use your airstrike and get 2 more, it unlocked your heli. You then die then use you helicopter and you could get you uav, airstrike and helicopter again.

Doesn't seem to work like that in MW2

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ah, so your helicopter kills weren't adding to your kill score adn your kill streak?

Little bug maybe?

I know they don't add to you killstreak mate.

Quick question though.. I see some players have a weapon with 2 attachments? For example a site and the heart beat sensor....

how do I unlock/do this!!!

Mini JCW
I just decided to ramp my Arcam amp up to see what the audio was like. Set it to 70 dB and OMFG I nearly shat myself:eek:

I'm on some sort of oil rig resucing hostages atm - is this anywhere near the end?

Last edited:
my brother found a good way to get private chat back so its all good now

The way I've done it is, goto Profile > Edit Profile > Privacy > Voice > Friends Only.

This then mutes EVERYONE in the room, for all games, that isn't on your friend list, so we can talk but can't hear anyone else.

Bummer if a friend of a friend is in the room (that isn't on your friend list) as you won't be able to hear them.