ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] COD:MW2 Official thread - Contains spoilers

Bus w**ker
I've only had one connection drop today and that was my own fault as I forgot to stop my torrents. Ended up lagging the whole map, as I was host, and then timed me out...oops.

Fiesta ST-2
I dont think its COD but the service provider. I do the speed check on my PS3 and i get from 400kb to 4mb download speed. it changes depending on what time of the day it is. SKY internet is shite!

S3, Polo
I'm probably going to sell my copy. Not played it once since getting AC2.

Not nearly as much longevity as MW1...

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I'm still itching to play this all the time. I only really play for an hour or 2 a week, which keeps me wanting more. The more you play something the quicker you'll get bored of it.

I played a couple of games saturday night, and every fcuker in the game was prestige, i got murdered.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
It does seem alot harder on 360. The player seem to be of a higher standard, and pretty much everyone is into 2nd/3rd prestige whereas on ps3 you dont see it so much.

i found that oncod 4 and waw that generally ps3 players were very poor compared to 360 on waw i could regularly get 20+ kills usually almost 30 but yet as you know on the 360 i was shite lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It doesn't matter what prestige you are on imo, it just indicates they have played the game a lot.

I like terminal a lot and give prestige players a tanking at that one.

Bus w**ker
Most people you see on Level 10 Prestige on PS3 have used some dodgy save game files ("fixed" in the latest update) to boost their level, they don't seem to understand about matchmaking and the fact that their rank doesn't mean they don't still suck at the game.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
It doesn't matter what prestige you are on imo, it just indicates they have played the game a lot.

I like terminal a lot and give prestige players a tanking at that one.

True but if you are better you will also level up quicker... So the sheer numbers on 360 show that the standard is slightly better IMO. Plus the fact it's alot harder to get big scores. Bt I do agree your level is mostly about your amount of time played. Some of the high Prest guys are dogshit.

Just got a 31-0 on wastland... Happy days.

Mito Sportiva 135
That's what I like about Halo and the TrueSkill ranking and overall ranking system, you don't still go up even if you lose...

It does seem alot harder on 360. The player seem to be of a higher standard, and pretty much everyone is into 2nd/3rd prestige whereas on ps3 you dont see it so much.

I have a 360 and went to play this at my mates (has a PS3), and must agree that the majority of PS3 players were crap!

I'm still itching to play this all the time. I only really play for an hour or 2 a week, which keeps me wanting more. The more you play something the quicker you'll get bored of it.

Too true!!

I've already over played it! :dapprove:

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Anyone know exactly what the awards are yet.

I heard 4/5 maybe an extra kill streak but what about 10. I wanna know whether to bother or not.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
+2

from 5pm last night to about 6ish i couldnt get into a game, it went as high as 140ms ping and still nothing, until i gave up and watched some tv,

same problem as me but longer for me, just started to kick me off about 20 minutes ago started to get laggy when i was 8-0 and bam server went down be a few hours till im back on

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
Anyone know exactly what the awards are yet.

I heard 4/5 maybe an extra kill streak but what about 10. I wanna know whether to bother or not.

You get nothing like that, and extra custom class slot and a few more challenges is your lot!

Fabia VRS
does anyone know .. well.. i walked over some C4 (other teams) and it blew up i dunno whether this was coz i walked over it or they randomly set it off

help?

-
Just put this on for the first time in weeks. What the f**k is going on? It wouldnt put me in a game for ages, then when it did i was put into a 3rd person cage match on rust and everything was in fast forward!!! No matter what game i chose it kept putting me in this cage match thing.

f**kin s**te.

ON XBox 360

Last edited:
  Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Ps3 or 360.

I had so many problems on ps3 especially trying to play with mates. Not had any with 360 yet.

And lol at some angry kid yesterday. Got a 38-6 or so in estate sniping. I'd take up a position get a couple of kills then move on as they'd come look for me as you do standard procedure ended up doin well, got my pave low then ac130 etc...

Game ends and some kid messages me tellin me I'm camping haha.

I just said if your not good enough to watch a killcam or radar then come find me then
it's your own problem.

I then f**ked him over on rundown with my l86 so sent him another message saying something along the lines of hahaha nope turns out your s**t on every level.

Brilliant

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
does anyone know .. well.. i walked over some C4 (other teams) and it blew up i dunno whether this was coz i walked over it or they randomly set it off

help?

Has this been going on past day cos quit abit Ive been using sit rep all the explosives glow up red and past day or two I've been blowing them using my gun. Done it a few times playing it with you

Last night I was thrown into a Team Deathmatch game, on Rust?!

Was getting kills and deaths as expected, then looked at the overall team score, and it was 0-0, although we were all getting points.

Then realised there were more than 6 on each team, so backed out, as it wasn't doing my k/d ratio any good.

My brother said he'd been in a fast forward game which was carnage.

In WaW there were loads of map glitches, but never noticed any 'cheats', 'hacks' or 'modded games' - I thought this was a PC thing, not a console issue.

This was on the 360.

Last night I was thrown into a Team Deathmatch game, on Rust?!

Was getting kills and deaths as expected, then looked at the overall team score, and it was 0-0, although we were all getting points.

Then realised there were more than 6 on each team, so backed out, as it wasn't doing my k/d ratio any good.

My brother said he'd been in a fast forward game which was carnage.

In WaW there were loads of map glitches, but never noticed any 'cheats', 'hacks' or 'modded games' - I thought this was a PC thing, not a console issue.

This was on the 360.

yeah they are patching these things soon

i was in a public private match like you the other day there were people with over 450 kills

Motorbikes
I'm officially def up playing this game now, I am starting to find it a little boring so time to lay off for a while.

Anyway, has anyone came across a situation in 'ground war' where 18 players are split into two teams, but then ends up a mass free for all where you can kill your own team mates? On Rust for example, this becomes manic, some guy racked up 150 kills last time it happened. Then the following games are all free for all with 18 players.

Fiesta ST-2
Anyone noticed its slower to go prone on the MW2 than MW1? I used drop shot loads on the old COD now even if they're aiming at the body the time it takes to get down you give them a free headshot. Saying that lightweight makes it alot faster. Was rocking the P90, marathon, lightweight, steady aim. Running around like a horse on fire!!!firing from the hip lol.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I've just gotten into 3rd Prestige an hour ago and i've noticed while renaming theres an extra custom slot a total of 7 now, looks like theres room for more

Motorbikes
^^ IIRC you are correct

I've just gotten into 3rd Prestige an hour ago and i've noticed while renaming theres an extra custom slot a total of 7 now, looks like theres room for more

3rd prestige already?? I still remember your post about getting to 1st prestige. How long does prestige take??

^^ IIRC you are correct

3rd prestige already?? I still remember your post about getting to 1st prestige. How long does prestige take??
Prestige takes level 1-70, it depends on how much you play it to get from 1-70 again. I'm currently at level 43 on 1st prestige, sotpped playing as much now as I cba.

Motorbikes
Prestige takes level 1-70, it depends on how much you play it to get from 1-70 again. I'm currently at level 43 on 1st prestige, sotpped playing as much now as I cba.

Yes, it just that I recall him saying quite recently he started prestige.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
^^ IIRC you are correct

taken me about 9 days playing to get me to prestige 3

Takes about a week 2 weeks for each prestige

57 Clio Campus Sport
The matchmaking on this is horrendous! I would say about 70% of my losses are from joining matches on a team losing by about 3000 points. About 20% because of team mate retardation (about 85-90% of time I'm 1st or second in match, and not load of kills load of deaths but 25-30 kills with 5-15 deaths max) and only about 10% of losses are when I do crap.

Last edited: