ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] DiRT 3 - Official thread

i never played dirt 1+2 but was a big fan of the colin mcrae rally games

liking dirt3 so far. up to rep level 5 on intermediate and it's been fairly challenging so far tbh :eek: i have no control over my left thumb so i'm either on full lock or straight ahead lol, but getting by with a few set-up tweaks and feathering the throttle

They are a bit silly yeah, but the game has a nice balance of Gymkana/Drift events and Rally. Pure Rally games quickly lose my interest, Dirt seems to have a winning formula for me.

+1

rallyX ftw :D

never going to be a drift or gymkhana expert but i'm enjoying trying :cool:

I'm liking this so far. A nice step up from Dirt2 which I really liked a lot.

Strangely, the game seems quite dark compared to my usual games.

Last edited:

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Got this today after trading in LA Noire. Got it on PS3 so I could use my wheel, makes the game a hell of a lot more enjoyable than having to use a pad.

57 Clio Campus Sport
Loving this. It is DiRT 2 but just a bit better haha. Got it on the difficulty one from top and usually first or second, may go up one soon.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Jesus is no one playing this on advanced (6)? No aids etc i find most of it easy but then again i have colins moto to thank "if in doubt, flat out!".

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Jesus is no one playing this on advanced (6)? No aids etc i find most of it easy but then again i have colins moto to thank "if in doubt, flat out!".

I am.

Loving it, on any other difficulty you just come first in every race which isnt entertaining IMO, on the harder difficulties Im coming in the top 4 so it's still rewarding & challenging

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Only one im struggling on is the "extra" rally but i still finish first just lol

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Nah its earlyer than that, think its about 16 or something as i used it in one of the rallys where you choose weather you use groupB or 80's or 70's...

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Are you Loeb in disguise? ;)

I do agree with the higher difficulty levels. They make the game much more rewarding to play.

D.

Lol i wish, like i say im flat out lol i struggle on the extra rally stuff but the main bits easy. Level 23 now and ive just finished battersea power station.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm. Some very bizarre cars vs reputation things going on - even at the lower levels of circa Rank 4 to 5.

Went on that first Aspen with those off-road buggy things. All three choices had exactly the same power and the same weight. Changing no settings, the car with the highest rep gets left behind by the first corner - the trigger never being released off the throttle. End result - a clawed back 5th.

Restarted the race with the identical car that has a mere 100 reputation (compared to the previous 400 on the other) - and I'm in 2nd position within half a lap - going on to win it by quite some margin. Then later in Kenya, the R5 Turbo has the highest reputation of offer - despite being the most powerful and the the lightest car to pick. Tries that on an unknown rally stage and trounce the opposition. :S

Some very bizarre effort vs reward choices seem to be going on. Why would a game let you choose the most powerful car out of the three on offer and give you the most points in return for using it? Strange.

D.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I recall some people saying it doesn't, but others saying it does. It's only half way downloaded at the moment, if you want me to give it a try once it's done I'll let you know. I think the deals end @ 18:00.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Looking online there seems to be a simple fix for it.

1) Go to Dirt\system\ find "hardware_settings_restrictions.xml"
2) Open and find "workerMap8Core.xml" cange 8 to 4. Save and play.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Looking online there seems to be a simple fix for it.

1) Go to Dirt\system\ find "hardware_settings_restrictions.xml"
2) Open and find "workerMap8Core.xml" cange 8 to 4. Save and play.

this made it work fine on mine (Windows 7 64Bit)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Level 28 now because of online not even halfway through the 4th season but im loving the rs500 lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Please make it stop...... :(

The gymkhana bits are really beginning to piss me off. Some people might like them - personally I just think they are boring as hell and I can't move on to Season 2 until I gain 3rd or higher place? WTF. There should be the option to skip it completely - even taking a forfeit as a consequence. I want to be out on the rally stages and clipping bends while in a controlled drift - not pissing about doing donuts or 360's in a small purple box. :(

Hopefully I'll get third just so I can get to Season 2 ASAP....

D.

I'm not keen on the gymkhana bits either. Or snow. Or buggies.

Other than that. I'm Loving it, still doesn't seem as good as Dirt 2 though for some reason. Can't put my finger on what though.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Lol - just came 5th after my first attempt when I came 4th. Rage quit. ;)

I think the best bet I'll have is in setting up the G25. Up until now, the 360 controller has been good enough - but its diabolical in the gymkhana imo. The cars are far too powerful for the responses mustered up by the 360 controller - dragging the car to an almost complete stop when you merely want to slow down and not reining the back end when you have too much speed.

Yuck. I want out. :)

bollo - the buggies are pretty good I think and I like the snow bits. My favourites by country mile are the Finland and Kenyan rallies - I'd be happy if the game just had 10 stages of rally action on each, I reckon!

D.

Have you done that snowy special stage with a massive hill at the start yet (I think it's in finland) - I want to die everytime it appears. s**tty snow. Although I'll admit it is pretty satisfying when you get a perfect lap, but thats rare as snow is there to ruin my life.

I'm on my third season now and I've taken part in way too many races there.

That could be the one thing about it I don't like over Dirt 2 thinking about it..

Last edited:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Have you done that snowy special stage with a massive hill at the start yet (I think it's in finland) - I want to die everytime it appears. s**tty snow. Although I'll admit it is pretty satisfying when you get a perfect lap, but thats rare as snow is there to ruin my life.

I'm on my third season now and I've taken part in way too many races there.

That could be the one thing about it I don't like over Dirt 2 thinking about it..

That one that's head to head? I love that one! I've done alright on it so far. :)

i've found it ok with my wheel darren, give it a go

I'll definitely take the time out to set the wheel up then - even if its only to get past this bloody gymkhana crap! ;)

D.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
They need to f**k 5chins off n get back to basics.

Needs to be a game of...

Rally (at least 7 different locations e.g. Rally GB, Rally Finland, Rally Spain, Rally Mexio...)
Head 2 Head
Rallycross
Hill climb

With all the rally cars etc that are in this one and FFS include the 555 scoob jesus christ he only won the world champ in that one.

Gymkhana pisses me off also, i rage quit today too!