ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC Questions...

RS Clio 200
have been looking into getting a PC for a few weeks, as i wanna remove all the blooming swirls and light sratches in the body.

Just interested in finding out how often you are able to use the PC. Im guessing there is a case of too much, but what is it?

Also, can it be used to apply and buff wax on a weekly basis?

106 GTi
Ideally you dont really want to do any real abbrassive polishing more than once a year.

That said once de-swirled a good wash technique should mean the swirls won't come back.

Pain Cleaners, Glazes, Waxes and Sealants can be applied every week with it if you like. Some products work so much better with it.

RS Clio 200
so baring in mind the time it would save waxing etc each week it wouldnt be money wasted.

what would you recommend - on the basis that i got one - as a weekly schedule.

with a once yearly abrasive polish, and a 3 monthly clay and glaze polish?

ideas with suggested products would be good :D

106 GTi
I dont use mine on weekly basis on my own car to be honest.

Lots of people apply sealants and waxes with them, I tend to still do that by hand. If you so desired you could use it weekly to apply waxes, be they liquid or pastes.

Do a few cars for freinds and family and make it pay for itself!

RS Clio 200
yeh i may do that.

can you recommend any products?

i have been using poorboys nattys blue, and klearkote red moose polish at the moment.

What would be best to use as an abrasive to work out scratches and swirls?

and would this lot sound ok?:

yearly: wash-clay-abrasive-glaze-glaze-wax-wax
quarterly: wash-clay-glaze-glaze-wax-wax
weekly: wash-wax

106 GTi
Clearkote Red Machine Glaze is another product that works so much better by machine than by hand.

Scratch and swirl removal, easyist to learn with is the Poorboys SSR range, best results come from the Menzerna range, Intensive Polish and the Final Finishes.

I normally do:

Spring: wash - clay - swirl remove - finishing polish - glaze - sealant - wax
Mid Summer: wash - mild polish - glaze - sealant - wax
Pre Winter: paint clean - sealant - wax

Weekly: wash and wax, and maybe a glaze before a show or event.