ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XB360/PS3] The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

Be interested in trying out this hi-res mod thing that Steam downloaded today. Could spark my interest in the game again. Not played since mid-december!

Apparently there's a mod that opens up the cities so they're part of the game-world rather than seperate entities. I wanna try that - Just ride Shadowmere straight through the gates and right up to the doors of Proudspire. Just park him up on the (nicely appointed, with sea views) patio.

Mito Sportiva 135
What all without loading you mean? Would be pretty cool if so...that's the main pet hate of this game...endless loadscreens!

Yeah, without loading. Not seen it myself but apparently the city gates are just open - You can just ride on in.

I seem to recall there was a similar mod for Oblivion so it was to be expected I suppose.

Bumder With A Buffer
Theres even load screens inside certain places too..College of Winterhold you go in through the main door and if you want to go to my Arch Mage's quarters...loadscreen....if I wanna go arcaniam (sp)....load screen. FFS

Evo 5 RS
w00t, the creation kit is out for this. I'ma build a pimping palace and put it right smack in the middle of the map.. high roller castle.

Theres even load screens inside certain places too..College of Winterhold you go in through the main door and if you want to go to my Arch Mage's quarters...loadscreen....if I wanna go arcaniam (sp)....load screen. FFS

Because Xbox doesn't have the memory :(

Mito Sportiva 135
Exactly, too much loading!

Also Luke (Boosh) I got that master conjuration spell last night, only issue it costs over 500 Magicka to use it and I am 390! Won't be able to use it any time soon!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Lol haven't you go the perk where master level spells cost half majika? All my aprell ups my majika loads anyway. It's really high atm.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I keep getting killed by a Frost Troll when en route to do a quest for the Greybeards, even my horse runs over to help me out :eek: LOL.

Practically everyone gets wasted by that Frost Troll. It gets anyone who follows the storyline early on. I just legged it past him the first time. 2nd time up the mountain I ruined his day for him.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
I keep getting killed by a Frost Troll when en route to do a quest for the Greybeards, even my horse runs over to help me out :eek: LOL.

Practically everyone gets wasted by that Frost Troll. It gets anyone who follows the storyline early on. I just legged it past him the first time. 2nd time up the mountain I ruined his day for him.

LOL, I also followed suit..

Bloody thing annoyed me for ages. Just run past it and it will eventually stop following you!

Bumder With A Buffer
I fcuked off and did a load of side quests...level 17 I went up to the greybeards...frost troll wasn't an issue.

Mito Sportiva 135
I did the greybeard stuff right near the start and didn't find it too tricky?

All the dragons I have been meeting lately have been elder dragons and whilst still fairly easy to kill take a lot longer and if they hit you with their fire causes a lot of damage.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I'm a noob so that's probably why I get killed by him. I use Destruction - Flame with my left hand and an Iron Mace with my right hand, bad combo? :eek:

When I get hit I just run away, heal myself then go back to fight LOL.

ST1050, 320d
Trolls heal themselves so you're better off taking them out frantically lol. I used to use beast form, or freeze em. Could even shout them off the side of the moutain. They're not hard once you get to around level 20 anyway.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, Frost Trolls are hard b******s, even late on in the game. A couple of them together can cause you issues if you're a stealth player like me.

I use Destruction - Flame with my left hand and an Iron Mace with my right hand, bad combo? :eek:

Sounds the perfect troll killing combo IMO. They're weak against fire and while they're on fire they take extra damage from your mace.

Just been speaking to a mate who installed the open city mod - He says it works like a charm, doesn't lag at all but he has experienced one bad side-effect - A dragon just rolled into Whiterun and butchered everybody. He reckons it becomes a bit of a problem where random beasties start killing townsfolk. Seems the mod could do with a bit of work. Beefing up the town guards perhaps.

Octy VRS
I encountered the Trolls at Labyrinthian and found them pretty easy, about 3 at once. Mind you the dumb f***s couldn't seem to negotiate the small step in front of them so I just stood there and barbecued them for a while. Did the one on the path at about level 14, just climbed up onto some rocks and shot it with a few flaming arrows. Getting up close doesn't really work unless you are a hard as nails armoured b*****d.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh you can just let trolls and giants chase you, Benny Hill style, whilst your companion or conjured entity waste them.

But yes flames and a one handed weapon are a good combo against most enemies in the game I think.

Octy VRS
Mined a s**t load of Ebony ore last night, managed to smelt 22 ingots. Upgraded my Ebony bow and Mace of Molag Bal. Will keep back 17 so I can make some Daedric armour when my smithing is high enough. Just need 2 more Daedra hearts to complete that too.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Mined a s**t load of Ebony ore last night, managed to smelt 22 ingots. Upgraded my Ebony bow and Mace of Molag Bal. Will keep back 17 so I can make some Daedric armour when my smithing is high enough. Just need 2 more Daedra hearts to complete that too.

Guy in the Mage school sells daedra hearts. Soon as you walk in he's in the student sleeping quarters on the left. He gets new ones every 2 days as well.

Called Enthir

Last edited:
Guy in the Mage school sells daedra hearts. Soon as you walk in he's in the student sleeping quarters on the left. He gets new ones every 2 days as well

That's damned handy to know. When I first got the daedric smithing perk I spent f**kin ages hunting high and low for daedra hearts. Had to steal them from some Stendarr Lodge I found in the middle of nowhere. I don't think I raised any suspicions - A complete stranger crouched in the corner of their private HQ, next to one of their book shelves furtively filling his pockets.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
How do you sell stuff?

I'm only level 6 that's why the trolls were too hard, lol.

Bumder With A Buffer
What level do you need to be to make Dragon Armor?? Cant find an answer

Edit...Ahh was looking at the wrong thing..Meh 100 :(

Golf R32
If your after Daedra hearts there is also one that spawns in the Companions building in the basement where you meet the leaders of the Companions. Once you've completed the Companion quest you can take this free and it respawns on the first day of every month. Got somewhere in the region of 30 of them at the moment for when I can be assed to start playing around making over powered daedra stuff, though for the moment I'm enjoying running round in the Nightinggale Armour and dual wielding Blades swords :)

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh also I wouldn't bother with getting the perk to make dragon armour...daedric armour seems as powerfull / more powerful and doesn't look as stupid. I currently have all daedric and Mercurio is rolling deep in ebony (as the actress said to the bishop! :) )

I have only enoucntered about 5 enemies I have looted daedric hearts from, they are pretty rare to find "naturally" it seems.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The Shine of Mehrunes Dagon has 4 Daedra to kill and loot their hearts every 100 elapsed hours.

Two outside, two inside. Loot the Daedra outside for the key.

Yeh also I wouldn't bother with getting the perk to make dragon armour...daedric armour seems as powerfull / more powerful and doesn't look as stupid. I currently have all daedric and Mercurio is rolling deep in ebony (as the actress said to the bishop!

Unless you're in light armour, in which case Dragon Scale is the best you can do. It's what I roll in.

My companion (who I never use) wears the Dragon Bone stuff and yeah, it looks s**t. It's not too far off the Daedric stuff in terms of quality though.

Mito Sportiva 135
Hmm yeh I suppose actually. Might make some for Mercurio as I have about 40 dragon scales now saved in my chest.

Random question too - when making new enchanted weapons and armour does anyone else rename the stuff? I have started too so all have the same "class" - bit geeky but ensures you don't accidentally sell the wrong item.

Yeah I rename some of it. Basically so it's all together in my inventory and so easily found. I don't bother with trying to come up with cool names for anything though. Other than my "Boots of Carrying s**t".

Mito Sportiva 135
I am pretty sad then, all my current armour and weapons are Nightshade class, all Mercurio's are Chaos - apart from being very geeky it means it is all grouped next to each other too in the inventory. Did I mention geeky...?! :)

Mito Sportiva 135
For me the main type of enemies which kick me in the proverbials are mages...not quite sure why as I am also a mage, but I guess me wearing armour which offers little magic resistance doesn't help.

Got a few more restoration spells last night too, one that heals you almost instantly is pretty good - I have been using the bog standard healing until now!

When you get to a certain level mages are pretty much the only bad guys who can touch you. Particularly if you're heavily armoured. I can stand there with a whole host of town guards pummeling me and my health bar won't move. Some of the mages however - They'll ruin your day if you're not careful.

Well, they could until I enchanted all my gear to have 92% resistance to fire, ice and shock. They don't hurt as much now.

Octy VRS
Sneaking and getting them long range with a bow. Also as Mike, I've enchanted my armour and any apparel that can be used, rings amulet etc. Whirlwind sprint to get close then battering the s**t out of them too.

Found the freeze shout handy last night when I came across 2 Draugr Deathlords at once. Found an Ebony shield near them which I've now upgraded.

Still cannot find Sam to start a Night to Remember. He should be at the Bannered Mare as this was the closest tavern to me when I reached level 14. I want the Sanguine Rose.

Last edited: