ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Thread

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Seems they'll be performing maintenance over the next day or so :

Tomorrow, 12th March, and Saturday, 13th March at 8:00GMT/9:00 CET:12:00 (midnight) PST, EA will take the servers down, this time we will come up with even more hardware with more capacity to handle all the BFBC2 traffic. Once the maintenance is complete you will experience an improvement to your online experience.

This will be extended maintenance to allow the new hardware to be installed and affect all three platforms (PC, PS3 and Xbox 360).

Since launch a week ago, BFBC2 has already put EA servers through the following stress:

The 4 different soldier types have gathered a score of more than 34 Billion.
There's been more than 400M kills made.
1.3M roadkills
Squads and Teams have assisted each other to 6.2 Billion points.

Now we are adding more capacity to let you smash those numbers multiple times over in the weeks to come.

EA Never get it right server capacity wise, you would think they would learn by now! All they have to do is work out the number of servers they think they need, double it, triple it, multiply by a thousand, double again, again and again and lastly multiply by their collective ages and they should get near enough servers!

TT 225+
300- odd metre sniper headshot ftw! Buzzing off that! Love how you get bullet dip at long range, makes it all the more rewarding when you nail someone :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Scutch did you get my friend invite? Didn't see you on last night...

I did mate, but I'm having trouble with my messages on XBL. I think it all sorted last night, I have about 7 friend requests (oh, popular...), none of which I've been able to answer. Saying that, they won't all be friend requests. I think two are from Spiezels wanting to join a game. Anyway, I'll accept it later, mate. Just a shame the EA servers are going to be down. Or so it seems.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Server update :

Maintenance on Friday 12th will last for 4 hours - 8:00 GMT to 12:00 midday GMT/9:00 CET to 13:00 CET/12:00 midnight PST to 4:00 PST.

Therefore, I'm presuming it should be spot on for later this evening.

Bumder With A Buffer
Hmm now do I order from Shopto for £35 or go to my local tesco on the way home and get my arse ripped for £45!!!

I shouldnt be buying anymore games...got an NHL one last week I played once, Assassins Creed II is still in the packaging since XMAS and Killzone 2 I won on Ebay the other night so il have that too!

Need to give up working me-thinks.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
MW2 is a small slice of what this game offers (infantry combat included). The stupid flying aim bots can f*ck off. I much prefer fighting vehicles with actual people in them. Taking down a Black Hawk by snipering the pilot and then watching it crash to the earth while the crew jump out is brilliant :cool:

S3, Polo
I WANT TO LAY f**kING DOWN, LISTEN TO ME PEOPLE OF ELECTRIONIC ARTS.

From the official Twitter Page: "BFBC2 Lead Designer RT @locust9: Fyi we will not add prone based on anything. You can stop asking now, but share your feedback with me.
3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif
"

Dolphin Diving was a huge problem in BF2. It'd also make BF:BC2 more of a camp-fest than it already is!

Pointless addition to the gameplay IMO. If you check the maps, you'll see that nearly all cover is designed in such a way that merely crouching behind it will conceal you.

There is really no need for prone.

Unrelated to the above - I played a really cr*p game last night - my first since release: My WHOLE TEAM were snipers. Sitting in the bushes. In an *objective-based* game. C*nts.

Last edited:
  Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I agree to a certain extent, but you NEED snipers on your team if your going to win.

Not a whole team but you need 3/4 just to pick them off.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm not fussed about prone. Crouching does the job, and I'm very rarely in the same place for longer than 5 seconds anyway! On the move FTW.

You can't rely on a team of snipers, mind. Mix it up, IMO. Engineer is a great class.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Can't believe you xbox, we so weren't meant to be Neil.

S3, Polo
I'm not fussed about prone. Crouching does the job, and I'm very rarely in the same place for longer than 5 seconds anyway! On the move FTW.

You can't rely on a team of snipers, mind. Mix it up, IMO. Engineer is a great class.

^ Totally agree!

Engineer + Uzi + AT Mines + Exp. Pouches => FTMFW.

Using the 'Repair Tool' to destroy tanks up close & get melee kills on snipey-peeps = Win.

I may well be cracking on with this over the w/e so if anyone wants to add me 'brazo76' without the quotation marks then that would be nice:)

S3, Polo
I didn't know you could use the repair tool on enemy tanks to destroy them? Cool.

Careful, because as soon as the tool starts 'repairing' it means the enemy has got out and is looking for you!! :)

You can also use it on camping enemies (obviously from behind) - oo-errr! :)

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Can you rebuild walls with it?

Is it back up yet?

Aaaand 3 engineers all drilling an enemy tank at I've makes liiiight work haha.

S3, Polo
It was me, and two different people told me you could. Drill through walls. Disappointing if you can't :(

Definitely not.

Tried it a few times. TBF, if you could make little sniper holes, it'd be a right b*stard to find the camping f*ckers - so sorta glad, really!

Octy VRS
Server update :

Therefore, I'm presuming it should be spot on for later this evening.
Well, pleased to confirm the servers are back and running. Bad news, it is a complete and utter lag fest, I mean really bad. Jumping all over the place making it really hard to kill people. I found it ok before they fiddled with it, this is mid afternoon too, dread to think what it'll be like when everyone is on tonight. Oh and the online store......still not there. Rubbish EA, rubbish! Maybe tomorrow's downtime will fix things but at the moment it's worse than before. This is on PS3, hope it's better for everyone else.