ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Thread

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Bagsey balls deep first. You got the limited addition or not gal. I got limited as I couldn't let people be better equipt than me.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols I bought it off Dave on here, he didn't like it.

Should be there today, posted on monday.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Fair do's. I guess it's a case of do you like Achievements or Trophies, too :cool:

Also, if your mates have the PS3 or XB360. The games, I'm presuming, will be identical. I didn't even know the graphics would be different in any way. Certainly not noticeable, anyway.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Fair do's. I guess it's a case of do you like Achievements or Trophies, too :cool:

Also, if your mates have the PS3 or XB360. The games, I'm presuming, will be identical. I didn't even know the graphics would be different in any way. Certainly not noticeable, anyway.

Without a side by side comparison I doubt anyone would really notice. I don't play online enough now to know anyone on my friends list anymore so any version would be OK for that :D

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
How do u get mortar strikes with the recon class?? Is it an unlock?

Yeah. At the start all you've got is C4. Mortar is far more effective as you can do it from long range, but then you have to wait longer than simply planting C4 and pulling the trigger. + and - I guess.

I still rack up a lot of points as Engineer, but mortar strikes from Recon class are great. Last night, just before the claxon sounded, I hit one on a tank, got +30points for damage, then +100 for destroying the vehicle, +50 x 3 for triple kill in the tank, and a bonus for a double strike. All from one mortar hit.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah. At the start all you've got is C4. Mortar is far more effective as you can do it from long range, but then you have to wait longer than simply planting C4 and pulling the trigger. + and - I guess.

I still rack up a lot of points as Engineer, but mortar strikes from Recon class are great. Last night, just before the claxon sounded, I hit one on a tank, got +30points for damage, then +100 for destroying the vehicle, +50 x 3 for triple kill in the tank, and a bonus for a double strike. All from one mortar hit.

The engineer class. Under-rated awesomeness. :cool:

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I started with Assault and unlocked a few things, then moved on to Engineer.

My next unlock is the little skull and crossbones, whatever that is? It's the one after the Uzi.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
How do I increase my skill? I think I'm only on 60 or something stupid like that. Online n00b FTL.

My K/D ratio is heavily favouring death, too. LOL. It was on something like 560/790 the other day. Did well last night, mind.

Clio 1.2 16v
How do I increase my skill? I think I'm only on 60 or something stupid like that. Online n00b FTL.

My K/D ratio is heavily favouring death, too. LOL. It was on something like 560/790 the other day. Did well last night, mind.

Skill is based on making the objective (blowing/defending MCOMMs, capturing flags), getting 'tactical' kills (avenger, saviour, nemesis, payback - also 'defend' kills) and killing higher ranks than yourself. Things get a whole lot harder at rank 23 and above, my skill decreased by 5 in one (fairly good) match.

K/D doesn't mean much in BF. You'll find the best players have around a 1.00 K/D as they go get the job done.

Little tip for ranking up/getting unlocks - picking up a dead soldiers kit will get you points in the class you spawned as. A favourite of mine as assault was to wait for a n00b sniper to get boxed, then unleash silent death upon those '1337' perverts.

Its well satisfying when you get a long distance tracer dart shot!

Also quite funny if you tracer another man then they run around with a red flashing blob on them lol. Bit Nooby but funny for a bit!

Bumder With A Buffer
Keeps crapping out on me tonight :(

loving the mortar strikes though!! Used that for the first time tonite.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
im abit unsure about the online play on this game, the vehicles handle s**t the way ya move is s**t every1 snipes, ya cant hit a barn door with the early weapons ya get spawn killed. have i missed anything?

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
First sniper rifle is the best until much further on imo. Same with the first medic gun.

If your getting owned its because your lacking skills not because your behind on ranks.

AK

M240i
im abit unsure about the online play on this game, the vehicles handle s**t the way ya move is s**t every1 snipes, ya cant hit a barn door with the early weapons ya get spawn killed. have i missed anything?

As opposed to MW2 where people run the full length of the map and stab you for 10 feet away?!

BC2 is much better game engine imo..

Love the sounds from BC2 too..

Astra SRI/ Hornet
What skills is there to lack if ya don't camp you will get snipered. I just haven't got a good first impression from it.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
If you move correctly, go through buildings and work AS A SQUAD and don't just sprint around in the open like its MW2 then you should be fine, I play medic and i'm often top for kills.

S3, Polo
I started with Assault and unlocked a few things, then moved on to Engineer.

My next unlock is the little skull and crossbones, whatever that is? It's the one after the Uzi.

It's the PP2000.

It's crap. :(

AT Mines are under-rated. Laying them 'round an objective and having the explosives upgrade (allows you to carry 6 instead of 3) is amazing. You can sit, waiting for personnel to walk near them and shoot the mines.

BOOOOOOM!

:)

S3, Polo
As opposed to MW2 where people run the full length of the map and stab you for 10 feet away?!

BC2 is much better game engine imo..

Love the sounds from BC2 too..

MW2's engine is based on the old Doom 3 engine. It's performed admirably until now, but IMO, by using 8 year-old foundations - IW are hamstrung from the off.

FWIW, DICE are working on the multiplayer component of the new MoH game. Interesting...

Bumder With A Buffer
I'm still not understanding the skill level :S

What will give me a good skill level then...I seem to be skill level 29 yet some friends who have played less have a skill level of 55???

Mondeo STTDCI
I know it sounds stupid - but how does the unlocking of guns work?

When I am on the choose gun screen, are the newer unlocked guns at the top, or the bottom of the scroll?

Thanks

AK

M240i
I know it sounds stupid - but how does the unlocking of guns work?

When I am on the choose gun screen, are the newer unlocked guns at the top, or the bottom of the scroll?

Thanks

The oldest gun will be at the top. But at the bottom there will also be guns that can be used for every class, shotguns etc..

S3, Polo
^ Bottom of each list. Some guns are obviously specific to certain classes.

EDIT: "SNAP"

* Too slow...

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
First sniper rifle is the best until much further on imo. Same with the first medic gun.

If your getting owned its because your lacking skills not because your behind on ranks.

Def this, they're s**t until you get the 50. And the m40 or watever it is for medic, that with a red dot is the nuts

Guys, what are the best tactics against the apache roflcopter?

It rains down hellfire from those miniguns and I can't hit it with anything!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Persevere mate, rockets and tracers and some luck... if your on your feet.

Otherwise get in a tank and smash it with your MG ooor get in the AA tank, only problem is, if they're clever they will be an engineer and go hide each time they need to heal up so you gotta smash it quick.

Most effective though is to have a good team who communicate then you can get about 4/5 guys on it and they come down quick enough.

Fiesta ST
I do love knife kills

4444434360_fae705817b_b.png