ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Thread

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just unlocked the M60 - PMSL! Talk about mowing down the opposition! Crouch, fire, kill, repeat. No wonder there are hordes of medics running around with these and the MG3's!!!

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It's odd that, because the Medic's I'm shot by, and there's a fair few down the months, don't tend to use the M60.

Mito Sportiva 135
M60 with magnum ammo and red dot sight is pretty much a portable heavy lmg...absolutely rinses. Alternatively scrap the red dot and have extra ammo and you become a one man army. I think it's like an automatic sniper rifle...far too powerfull, but legal. Therefore use it if you have it!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
M60 with magnum ammo and red dot sight is pretty much a portable heavy lmg...absolutely rinses. Alternatively scrap the red dot and have extra ammo and you become a one man army. I think it's like an automatic sniper rifle...far too powerfull, but legal. Therefore use it if you have it!

Lol - I did use it with the red dot and Magnum ammo - and like you said, it absolutely rinses. Definitely could do with being toned-down a bit imo.

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Have they broke the single player campaign with some recent update? Just going through it for a third time to get all of the weapons and M-COM stations in it. So far I've seen a good half-dozen glitches in the SP game that simply weren't there before - including this one were one of the guys constantly fires - even during the cut scenes - lol...

BFBC2Game2010-09-1112-17-14-25.jpg

D.

Mito Sportiva 135
I decided last night instead of getting gold star on every weapon, to go for 2 platinum stars. Gold Gold level 9 on m60 and level 7 on m416....although once Halo Reach comes out, may not be on Battlefield for a while!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Going to push for level 50 for me - then call it quits - pretty much like I did with BF2142. Halfway there now with rank 25 just around the corner.

Still using the M60 for the medic class every now and then. And its still wrong. :)

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It get's longer and longer to reach every rank up, though. Some of the guys on level 50 are clearly chopper wh*res on Atacama Desert. I bet they haven't even played the other maps.

Mito Sportiva 135
Darren...I meant 9 gold stars for M60. I'm level 30 (and a half!) After level 25 though and you don't unlock anything, it does seem to be pretty long to go up...that's the only thing they could have improved to keep me hooked - more unlocks. Even if like only 1 every 5 levels after you getthe main ones, just to keep the gameplay fresh.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm on level 31 and a bit, and still haven't got any points as Medic yet. LOL. So I have all that to go through.

S3, Polo
A new phenomenon that's started to grate on me: Shotgun snipers.

Specifically, people using the B70C with shotgun spec & 12G slugs. FFS, I was shot across the Atacama map. With a shotgun. BS.

Multiple games too, different players.

Grrrr.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
A new phenomenon that's started to grate on me: Shotgun snipers.

Specifically, people using the B70C with shotgun spec & 12G slugs. FFS, I was shot across the Atacama map. With a shotgun. BS.

Multiple games too, different players.

Grrrr.

Lol - 'tis true - sometimes a proper joke. I've flown the UAV on Atacama before now - literally straight up and haven't even left our base before a shotgun player on the grounded ship has nailed the UAV and brought it down. You see a spread of half-a-dozen pellets and suddenly the UAV is spirraling out of control. Mmmmm - ok! :)

D.

Mk2 ph1 clio
I noticed that before!!!! same c*nt kept nailing me with the m60 medic packs all over and his squad spawnin on him all the time.. p!ssed me off no end! When do you unlock it in the medic class? .. what unlock does it follow? I just got the defib.

Fiesta ST-2
Lol I never knew you could check online either, my win/loss looks bad but I always finish top 3, it's just I get stuck with retards.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just had one of my most enjoyable games in recent times - finished 17/2 on Port Valdez Rush as the Russians. Joined the game pretty much as it started and nabbed the UAV as no one picked it up and thought I'd help out spotting and using the Explosive upgrade on the missile.

And so it continued - me on top of the hill at the Russian base - while all the action had progressed up to the base with the large oil tank cylinders in them. Managed to get the same guy in the Bradley four times with the UAV (I think he was a little pissed by the end ;)) and also brought down their Apache twice with the UAV - once with the pilot alone, the next time with a gunner onboard too.

The opposition did little to help themselves and made my job a lot easier. There were a few token shots fired my way - even the Apache tried to fire a few rounds at me. But none of them kept their attention on me - it was a little strange tbh. Whenever I spot an enemy UAV, I call it up and fire pretty much anything I have left at it. Maybe they didn't realise how useful the UAV actually is? :)

D.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Must not have, as soon as I'm in an Apache I always head to the UAV points, best way to take a chopper down tbh.

I got an obscene score on the newer rush one (tropical got like 5 sets of Mcoms) I was on it (UAV) pretty much until the last set and then had a good blast on foot must have got 60 odd to below 10, HC though so the Machine gun on the UAV was chewin em up, plus one of the lads I was playing with would fix me up whenever I got shot at.

As you said Darren if they forget about you it's easy pickings.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Go into your stats mate and check pins.

It says Ace or star player and then best squad pin.

91x Ace
199x best squad for me

Nice work on the quad kill haha.

Mito Sportiva 135
Not sure but... i got a quad roadkill with e heli tonight :D!!!!

Nice!!!

I had a ruly annoying game last night on hc on Val Pariso...I was attacking onto the third set of Mcom stations I think...I tried about 4 times to get the chooper, each time I got in and it got destroyed. By the third time I presumed someone must be in the jungle behind our base tagging it then using a gustav or rpg...went to investigate and there were like 3 or 4 people just standing there poaching on our base.

Finally got them though!!!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Big time!

Been playing with a German lad for the last few hours think we won about 10 conquests in a row with both him and me top 1/2 almost every time, just followed each other round was mint.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone come across a player with no rank number before? Am I right in saying that everyone starts on Rank 1 - but this guy just had a blank section? Never seen that before...

Had a funny one earlier where our helo got nailed and we both bailed, but the other guy's parachute didn't go away. Talk about a HUGE target - lol! ;)

BFBC2Game2010-09-1420-12-14-42.jpg

D.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Haha, that used to happen on the beta tests alot.

I'M OVER HERE!!!!!!!!

You went off pretty quick last night Scutch or had you been on a while?