ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Thread

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Finally got the VSS rifle but it's s**t - lol!

Couldn't quite get to grips with the GOL either for some reason - the SV98 has been my recon favourite since I unlocked it. I've forced myself to use to GOL though and it's slowly coming together for me. I do seem to hit a LOT of targets without killing them though - then again, I've had a detour from Hardcore today.

Also got that Neostead 2000 - what a crock of s**t! Do you have to actually press the barrel against the person you're trying to shoot before it will hit? ;) Hit a guy at less than 10ft (he flinched and the blood was seen) with it, together with the shotgun training and shotgun slug selected. He got me and walked away on 100% health. Cheers server.... :)

D.

S2 106 GTI
I've just finished having a few hrs on this game on PS3! starting to like it more and more! not got many extra guns yet :dapprove: but slowly getting there. Who els else is on PS3? pm me your name!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
VSS haters be hatin'.

Looks like the one and only member of the fan club.

Heheh - I doubt it m8 - there's quite a few people out there that use it! I think my issue is that I automatically kept the 12x scope with it which in turn exaggerated the recoil and made it wildly inaccurate for me.

Went up against a superb player with the M95 earlier today. He totally outclassed me several times. Probably a pure recon player.

D.

Clio 1.2 16v
I've just finished having a few hrs on this game on PS3! starting to like it more and more! not got many extra guns yet :dapprove: but slowly getting there. Who els else is on PS3? pm me your name!

Click on the little PSN button on the left and theres mine

Mito Sportiva 135
Does anyone else get it when you have been sniping for ages, and suddenly as you scope someone, they have scoped you a second earlier (even if on the other side of the map) and they take you down...it's as if they wait for you to see them before shooting?! Highly annoying!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone else get it when you have been sniping for ages, and suddenly as you scope someone, they have scoped you a second earlier (even if on the other side of the map) and they take you down...it's as if they wait for you to see them before shooting?! Highly annoying!

Lol - I know what you mean! I did however do a slightly different version of this on Saturday. We were on Arica Harbour in Rush and playing as the Yanks. Pushed them back all the way until they were at the last point itself - along the harbour-side in that three storey building in the left corner that houses Points A and B close to one another. Anyways, while the Yanks are chucking everything at the Russians in the corner, I've had the UAV for about 3 or 4 mins and doing my job in terms of spotting enemies for my team.

Out of the corner of my screen, I see a figure moving - way off to the right of the map, almost at the map's 'black area' and moving back away from everything that's going on. Curious, I keep watching him and realise that he's a sniper and has clearly flanked my own team and waiting to cap some heads. I'm patient - watching him walk further back up the map and climb two lots of crates. He is then close enough to jump onto a building roof, from where he edges forward towards the apex of the roof and prepares to fire. Unfortunately for him, I'd fired the UAV's missile about 3 seconds previous and in amongst the explosion and collapsing roof, I nailed him. Painstakingly drawn out, but immensely funny (and rewarding!) to watch at the same time. ;)

added you on steam mr.darren. I am "Cyber" :)

Cheers m8 - I'll add it when I'm next on!

I'm just starting to get into using the tracer dart. Loving the points hauls.

I HATE the tracer darts!!!! :rasp: Only because the people who use them well are nigh-on impervious to tanks and other vehicles. If the tracer dart dropped like a normal bullet with gravity, or if the dart itself 'wore off' after 30secs or so - then it wouldn't be so bad. It's just a little lame at the moment, imo. That said, its one of the few things that is really useful against the helos - apart from the fixed AA positions.

I just unlocked that - what's it for?

You fire a tracer dart onto a vehicle with it (though I did see one of my team mates running around with it on his head yesterday - flol!) and that acts as a beacon for some of the anti-tank launchers to home in onto. It fires arrow straight, so a slow, lumbering tank is easy picking - even at extreme distances. Once locked, AT guys can hide behind cover and fire the rockets in the air that will then automatically track and hit the vehicle. The only effective countermeasure to it (iirc) is the smoke launcher on vehicles - I think that gets rid of it.

D.

Fiesta ST-2
What's the skill level all about mines 200 and that seems quite high considering I'm relatively a noob on this game. What's it determined by?

Bus w**ker
What's the skill level all about mines 200 and that seems quite high considering I'm relatively a noob on this game. What's it determined by?
As far as I can find out EA have never actually said. But seems to be a combination of K:D, squad score and well other s**t that you get points for. Gets wiped every 24 hours anyway so I wouldn't worry about it lol.

What I am worrying about is that I've currently got NO rank and NONE of my f**king unlocks. Of the games I played the few points I got were shown as a minus score and meant that I ended each round with a whopping zero points. f**king good work EA you bunch of cockbags. Rage quit after three rounds lol.

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
As far as I can find out EA have never actually said. But seems to be a combination of K:D, squad score and well other s**t that you get points for. Gets wiped every 24 hours anyway so I wouldn't worry about it lol.

What I am worrying about is that I've currently got NO rank and NONE of my f**king unlocks. Of the games I played the few points I got were shown as a minus score and meant that I ended each round with a whopping zero points. f**king good work EA you bunch of cockbags. Rage quit after three rounds lol.

ive had this also. so what has happened? will i get my points back????

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
^^ That was the same for most people tonight i think, i signed out then in again and it solved the problem. First time its happened in months tho for me. still mananged 3 good game and 3 ace pins tonight ;)

not sure about points but you will get any badges you got etc back, well i did when it happened when i first got the game

Clio 1.2 16v
^^ That was the same for most people tonight i think, i signed out then in again and it solved the problem. First time its happened in months tho for me. still mananged 3 good game and 3 ace pins tonight ;)

not sure about points but you will get any badges you got etc back, well i did when it happened when i first got the game

Happens to me every first game i go into, you always get everything back though

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
That skill level thing is ridiculous. Some days I've been awesome, then I load the game up a day later and it says my Skill Level has been degraded due to my last few games. Then when I'm getting shot up the arse every other round, it'll say my Skill Level has increased. Don't think it's actually used for anything, mind.

I think you need to get to skill level 20/21 before it gives you this message before entering multiplayer games.

Fiesta ST-2
Are there any glitches on this game? I ask because I was playing a game last night with the PS3 MW2 guys and basically I saw someone camping by the M-station thingy where you set the charge and emptied a clip into him for him not to die and kill me! Then on the kill cam thing he was walking around with 0% health???

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yes I've often stabbed folk in the head several times only for them to turn around and blast me in the face with a gun. That's satisfying and not frustrating in the slightest...

Clio 1.2 16v
Are there any glitches on this game? I ask because I was playing a game last night with the PS3 MW2 guys and basically I saw someone camping by the M-station thingy where you set the charge and emptied a clip into him for him not to die and kill me! Then on the kill cam thing he was walking around with 0% health???

is comes up with 0% health if they are dead by the time you watch the cam, he may of had some body armor thing going on too.

you should have come on with me and Geordie after Geddes went, we were in a sniper war against a clan of 4, we camped it out at our spawn popping them off as they came to us, we sniped about 5 chopper pilots again between us too.

what time you on later? CBA to play MW2 anymore

Fiesta ST-2
Yes I've often stabbed folk in the head several times only for them to turn around and blast me in the face with a gun. That's satisfying and not frustrating in the slightest...

Yeah I've stabbed people and seen the blood and then they've killed me, but never seen them alive with 0% health?

Fiesta ST-2
is comes up with 0% health if they are dead by the time you watch the cam, he may of had some body armor thing going on too.

you should have come on with me and Geordie after Geddes went, we were in a sniper war against a clan of 4, we camped it out at our spawn popping them off as they came to us, we sniped about 5 chopper pilots again between us too.

Usual time lol.

Yeah he had body armour and I know people show up as 0% if they die straight after they kill you, but he had 0% and was walking around still.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

That's the trouble with any FPS unfortunately - the closer you are to the enemy, the more 'random' the result can be. The broadband speeds of both parties involved and the server's decision as to what's going on can make for some really bizarre results at times. One of the reasons why I very rarely use shotguns in any online FPS - there are simply too many stacked issues against it registering a 'correct' result.That is unless you use an auto-shotgun.

The weirdest knife encounter I've had was on Arica Harbour Rush, where the Yanks had managed to get a tank down near the beach. As an engineer, I'd flanked them along the beach itself (emptying my pistol into a sniper coming around one of those boulders - lol) and lined up for an RPG shot on the Abrams's ass. Fired and it hit, with both engi's bailing to repair it and I thought that they would repair it too quickly before my next RPG round hit. So naturally I leg it in there to knife both of them (both were at the rear of the tank) - and I manage to sprint between the two, and click the knife button to stab the bloke on the right. The game at this point (much to my WTF comments) decides to swing my character left so that I'm facing the rear of the tank and stab that instead. I turn to the Yank again who at which time has now spotted me and I go to stab him again. For the 2nd time, the game turns me 90 degrees to the left and stabs the rear of the tank again. BAM BAM and I'm dead. Gee - thanks BC2! ;)

If he's as good as he was on Battlefield 2142, then he should be a great player to have in your squad. :)

D.

Clio 1.2 16v
hes been brainwashed by 29 days playtime of MW2 so he's only just getting into it but yeah he's still pretty awesome, Scutch that statement is bob on, i do enjoy MW2 but since ive picked BC2 up i cant put it down

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
hes been brainwashed by 29 days playtime of MW2 so he's only just getting into it but yeah he's still pretty awesome, Scutch that statement is bob on, i do enjoy MW2 but since ive picked BC2 up i cant put it down

The poor sod. I'm sure with your help and support, he will pull through his severe dose of MW2itis..... ;)

D.

S3, Polo
I love BC2, but went back to playing MW2 (just because the same maps are getting a bit old after 7 months of relentless playing) though only for a week. I've now moved back to BC2 (because MW2 is just plain wrong) and I now suck!?!?! Man, that's f*cking frustrating! I can now see why MW2 players jumping into BC2 in March hated it.

I've just got to get back into the mentality of not running into a gunfight like a 'CoD Headless Chicken (TM)' and trying to waste the entire opposing team, amid capturing a command point, with a AK-47u shot from the hip. LOL.

Mk2 ph1 clio
Ive been on for the past few nights cause commando is boiling my urine atm. Gettin pretty handy with a tracer dart and Carl gustav :) ... oh and making dredz look like a christmas tree with the tracer dart when hes wearin his ghille suit :D

And... did you know you CAN stick a tracer dart to the enemy .. let them run back to their mates and use a carl gustave to take said enemy and mates out? ... :)

Mk2 ph1 clio
I did last night on ISLA i was pissing myself laughing cause ive shot it at team mates so many times and never once tried it on enemies! i think dredz was still on at that point ll

Mito Sportiva 135
Finally got the VSS rifle but it's s**t - lol!

Couldn't quite get to grips with the GOL either for some reason - the SV98 has been my recon favourite since I unlocked it. I've forced myself to use to GOL though and it's slowly coming together for me. I do seem to hit a LOT of targets without killing them though - then again, I've had a detour from Hardcore today.

Also got that Neostead 2000 - what a crock of s**t! Do you have to actually press the barrel against the person you're trying to shoot before it will hit? ;) Hit a guy at less than 10ft (he flinched and the blood was seen) with it, together with the shotgun training and shotgun slug selected. He got me and walked away on 100% health. Cheers server.... :)

D.

The gol is probably my favourite sniper, prefer it over M95, even without magnum on it's deadly and bullets don't seem to drop as much as on the m95 (I may be imagining this though!)

That neostead is awful though, it's like it shoots jellybeans at the opposition. Having said that I think shotguns in general are pretty rubbish in the game. In MW2 they are overpowered, in this they are underpowered and take far too long to reload.

Geordie...surely if you can shoot a tracer at someone, you could have just shot them with a "proper" gun though?! ha

Clio 1.2 16v
I did last night on ISLA i was pissing myself laughing cause ive shot it at team mates so many times and never once tried it on enemies! i think dredz was still on at that point ll

lol its a challenge to say the least trying to snipe with a big red flashing thing on the screen! cant wait to unlock it

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The gol is probably my favourite sniper, prefer it over M95, even without magnum on it's deadly and bullets don't seem to drop as much as on the m95 (I may be imagining this though!)

That neostead is awful though, it's like it shoots jellybeans at the opposition. Having said that I think shotguns in general are pretty rubbish in the game. In MW2 they are overpowered, in this they are underpowered and take far too long to reload.

Geordie...surely if you can shoot a tracer at someone, you could have just shot them with a "proper" gun though?! ha

I think you maybe onto somethng there. At distance I'm always aiming far too high with the GOL. Getting used to it now though - nailing other snipers with it is definitely the best part. ;)

Totally agree with the shotguns and they appear to be a VERY rare in usage online, I've found. On a LAN I bet they would be much more useful.

D.