ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Thread

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
Just had the best game ive ever played i think. Defending on laguna presa, playing engineer with scar L and at mines. Mined up the beach landing..killed all there boats. got pushed back so i mined up there vehicle spawn point before i got killed then mined the waterways leading to next base and just raked the points in :)

Finished with 6853 points and around 20 pins including ace

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Does mining a vehicle spawn point actually work? I've seen that happen and the vehicle just drives off. It's like it needs to pass over it just over a half vehicle length for it to trigger.

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah thats true, like fi when one is moving and you throw one under they dont go off sometimes.

This was just around there spawn point so people jump in drive off and...boom! I swear some people dont even look for mines when there cruising along in the bradley or whatever.

Mito Sportiva 135
Is there a maximum amount of mines do you know? C4 for example you can only lay 6 at a time, if you lay more they start disappearing in the order you lay them. I am guessing there is to stop assaults and engineers working together and mining up the whole level.

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure tbh, ive laid about 5 before after grabbing ammo off someone and still saw them all as i ran round the base, id guess there is tho. I mostly only lay 3 at a time as nobody ever gives me bloody ammo!

In the water works brilliantly on laguna presa as they always come through the river when attacking the second and third base. On attacama desert ive found the best places are at the sides next to the concrete steps as people always quad round there to sneak up on you.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Not tried that before. Crafty!

That seemed REALLY common a few months back when I started online. Pretty much got nailed all the time in a tank with AT mines. Not got a problem with them myself (even though I never use them) as they take a bit of skill to place 'properly' and can easily be shot at and blown up. That is certainly superior to BF2 where round after round could be fired at a mine and it didn't blow up. :(

When in a tank now, I do fire rounds into water/deep shadows etc to check for mines - and pretty much all the time when I'm the top gunner. I've saved our asses a number of times when the driver simply hasn't seen the mines ahead and I've sprayed them with bullets. I don't know of anyone who actively chooses that vehicle perk that makes you aware of mines & C4 etc on the map. I tried it once when I unlocked it, but changed it to something far more useful.

Maybe AT mines have fallen out of favour for those donkey-dicks using tracer darts and AT rockets these days?

D.

Ph1 172.
I played Squad Death Match the other night and it was the first squad to 50 points. I managed to get 28 points and my squad still lost. :(

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Had some awesome spawn raping going on tonight. The map where the attackers parachute in. They were gutted. When we attacked they tried the same but we just beasted them and blew up all the bases.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Had some awesome spawn raping going on tonight. The map where the attackers parachute in. They were gutted. When we attacked they tried the same but we just beasted them and blew up all the bases.

PMSL - where's the fun in that? Guys that can't hit 10ft in front of them due to the parachute moving are just floating ducks to any assault and decent medic pairing.

Just been jihad-jeeped on this for the first time too. :) Looks like it's as popular as ever as it was in BF2. Tbf, the guy did evade both my shots and the guy next to me. It's all a bit Bruce Willis for an FPS, but it's funny when it works right.

D.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
It's funny watching them try to get out of the situation. We got out of it straight away when they tried it back. Yeah me dredz and fiestec are all about jihading anything we get our hands on uav,quads, choppers. And group boat noob tubing is awesome. Lol

Mk2 ph1 clio
I dont think it matter tbh, if you're on defence, dont let them get near it, if you allow them a good 20 seconds to arm and place 6/12 loads of C4 onto the thing its your own fault imo.

The UAV/Chopper/Quad C4 is worse as its instant but planting C4 on it takes time and is noisey.

If they cant shoot down a UAV thats flying in and out of doors/windows on buildings they deserve to lose tbh lol.

I ran riot with the spas 12 like, love that gun atm!!! Ive gone off mw2 atm.. had one game yesterday and took 3 shots with a spas to kill on vacant so it wasnt at any great distance!

Clio 1.2 16v
Geordie you better be on tonight, we was all havin a right crack last night, i should be on just before and after MOTD, have you seen whats on BBC1 at 6pm! :)

Mk2 ph1 clio
yeah walk on the wild side lol.

I will be on tonight, i just wanted to upload that vid last night. im off work for a week from tomorrow so ilbe on alot next week!

Last edited by a moderator:
  Mk2 ph1 clio
He speeds it up so he can fit the whole game in.

Not even a full game, I wa set up to record mw2 and the longest game
I've had on that is 15 mins and the bfbc2 one was nearly 20 lol it missed off my awesome spree o blow the last mcom station up! Dredz gr nailed by two blokes, ooo err missus,I got them two, ran inside got two more with the spas and planted c4 all over before arming the bomb. Waited for three to run in and disarm before blowing the c4 up to get a triple :d I was screaming at dredz cause a knew it had stopped recording!

Bus w**ker
Joy. Stats wipe AGAIN.

Is it just PS3 players/servers getting nailed by this each week or are the other platforms suffering too? Pissing me off as it makes the game about as much fun as dropping a brick on my nads...twice.

Bus w**ker
The three other lads and myself that usually squad together were all sat on rank 0, same thing happened last week too. Seems to be a common compliant, but may only be happening to PS3 owners. I gave up logging back in at 21:30 after two hours of waiting for it to fix itself, is no doubt fine again today. :mad:

Octy VRS
Battlefield Blog

Quote:
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam just made its very first appearance at the Tokyo Game Show. For those of you who weren't able to make it, we'll bring the experience to you. So relax and journey back to the 60's and the infamous Vietnam war with this brand new trailer.

At the heart of this expansion lie four distinct, brand-new multiplayer maps based on the Vietnam war. Each map brings a new gameplay experience and fresh visuals, with characteristics such as foxholes, tunnels and dense jungles from where the enemy can launch surprise attacks. Also, 15 classic Vietnam-era weapons and 6 vehicles are available from the moment you go online.

All four multiplayer game modes from Battlefield: Bad Company 2, including the genre-defining Conquest Mode, will be playable in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam. The expansion is integrated with the full game persistence, so no matter what theatre of war you participate in, you will continue to level up your soldier as usual.

To set that unmistakable 60's atmosphere, the audio team at DICE has recorded all-new voice-overs for both sides of the conflict, based on authentic dialogue from the Vietnam war. On top of this, a rocking soundtrack with 2 hours worth of time typical tracks gives the expansion a truly characteristic sound.
New website as well with loads of info
thumbsup.gif

http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/vietnam

Quote:
GET READY FOR A WHOLE NEW WAR

Skimming the treetops in the legendary Huey helicopter, Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries" blasts through its loudspeakers. Down in the jungles and rice fields below, the enemy is waiting for a chance to take you down with their T54 tanks and RPG launchers. Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 just made the journey to a new place and time -- back to the 60's and the infamous Vietnam War.

Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 Vietnam is a content-heavy expansion for the game that has sold more than 5 million copies and has been called "a better game than Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2" by The New York Times.

At the heart of this expansion lie four distinct, brand-new multiplayer maps based on the Vietnam War. Each map brings a new gameplay experience and fresh visuals, with characteristics such as foxholes, tunnels and dense jungles from where the enemy can launch surprise attacks. Also, 15 classic Vietnam-era weapons and 6 vehicles are available from the moment you go online.

All four multiplayer game modes from Battlefield: Bad Company 2, including the genre-defining Conquest Mode, will be playable in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam. The expansion is integrated with the full game persistence, so no matter what theatre of war you participate in, you will continue to level up your soldier as usual.

To set that unmistakable 60's atmosphere, the audio team at DICE has recorded all-new voice-overs for both sides of the conflict, based on authentic dialogue from the Vietnam War. On top of this, a rocking soundtrack with 2 hours worth of time typical tracks gives the expansion a truly characteristic sound.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is all-out multiplayer warfare at its absolute finest. With this new expansion, the battle moves to tropical Vietnam for a new chance to settle the score: Which team has the biggest skills, the smartest tactics, and the tightest squad play?

KEY FEATURES

4 Brand New Maps. From the rice fields of the Phu Bai Valley to the napalm scorched earth of Hill 137, four distinct Vietnam-based maps each bring a fresh visual and gameplay experience.

6 Immortalized Vehicles. Skim the treetops in the iconic American Huey helicopter. Drive the sturdy Russian T54 tank and the nimble US PBR "Pibber" patrol boat, plus three more vehicles immortalized in the Vietnam war.

15 Characteristic Weapons. Charge into battle with 15 new weapons modeled on their real life counter-parts, including the rare Navy SEAL XM22 machinegun and the characteristic M79 "Blooper" Grenade Launcher.

Rocking 60's Soundtrack. Listen to 8 radio channels in-game, featuring 49 time typical tracks, including "Ride of the Valkyries" and "Fortunate Son" by CCR.

True War Dialogue. All-new voiceovers for both American and Vietnamese forces, based on authentic communication from the Vietnam war for maximum immersion.

New Achievements/Trophies. Collect 10 new achievements/trophies, one for blowing up Vietnamese propaganda speakers. Earn new weapon proficiency stars specific to your skills with the weapons in the expansion.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
On BC2 (Scutch will probably know this) - am I right in saying.....

• Pick a class - e.g engineer and kill with it = points gained.
  • Still as engineer - pickup dead recon's kit and kill with it = no points gained.
  • Still as engineer - pickup dead engineer's kit and kill with it = points gained.
?

D.