ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Me or the other Kev?

Kevster is f**king dangerous with a chopper, and a tank for that matter! Guy can't fly/drive for toffee!

:eek:

Fiesta ST-3
Yeah I love the difficulty aspect.

Even when I first started a talent of mine seems to be long shots without a sniper rifle. Or a scope.

Get them in the sights and use short bursts of fire to slow recoil.

Satisfaction of taking someone out 100 yards away with iron sights!:cool:

I think this is what i like most about it. Its difficult in the scence you have to put a little thought into your play hence why all the 8 year olds dont play it!

Flew a heli for the first time yday as i mainly play squad death match and f**k me they are hard to control lol.

Ph1 172.
The helis are a piece of piss to fly on the PC. :cool: Although I was sadden by the fact you can no longer do barrel rolls in them to dodge missles, like you could in BF2.

Bumder With A Buffer
Hahaha I was gonna repair it, I didn't know I was out of the map. Kept it steady for once though. Lol

Lol il let u off..it would be nice of the game to tell us we were out of the map before we had got it!! We got out and the counter was already at 7!!! :S

Integra Type-R DC2
Anyone tell me what the crack is with the guided AT missiles the pilot on the Apache can fire? How the frick do you guide them?

Octy VRS
I think they are TOW missiles so you have to keep the red target on the thing you want to hit after firing, same as the ground mounted ones and the UAV.

Integra Type-R DC2
Ah, I thought so, but figured asking someone to fly, avoid getting shot down and keep a red target box on a moving vehicle was pretty much impossible.

JB

RB 182 Cup
I'd just got the hang of flying the helicopters without nose diving straight away - went to take off, got maybe 3 feet off the ground before some cheeky b*****d snipes me through the cockpit glass!

Octy VRS
I thought the choppers were hard at first but it's fairly straightforward once you get the hang of what each stick does. Mind you I prefer being in the passenger seat with a pro and spotting/shooting people. I got my highest score in a round doing that, 13300 points. If you have a good pilot it can pretty much own the game, especially Atacama.

Ford Bantam 1.6
i got killed by one dude and he was in the assault class but had c4 explosives,i thought it was just the recon class you got c4 from?

Integra Type-R DC2
Am I right in assuming its not possible to add the red dot or ACOG to the M14 and G3? Bit of a let down there.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It seems the medic class is getting some hate on here! I'm working through that and the engineer class atm - haven't touched Assault or Recon really.

Agreed it is easy to spam with the light machine guns. However they are also deadly accurate at long range with quick bursts, I've used them to great effect against exposed snipers and assault teams riding on quads or jetskis!

No one ever seems to speak in squad chat though.

My XBL is Royal funk :eek:

Cheers for the assists this afternoon, mate! Two rescues in quick succession as I was in the firing line! LOL. I did return the favour once, getting a Saviour Kill as you were being shot at :cool: Had to reboot my network connection after the 3rd Atacama Desert map, then couldn't get back on so switched to the PS3 and God of War 3.

:)

Octy VRS
I wish for a customizable class. I'd probably have a decent low recoil rifle like the UMP-45, the Rex, Defib and the Anti tank mines.

They could add it in when you unlock all class kits.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah that would be pretty cool. I'd be up for that.

I think the new maps are available on Tuesday, then the squad outfits upgrade later on in the week.

Octy VRS
Cool, Conquest will be awesome in Arica Harbour. It's great for all classes. Are the outfits free?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Got this off their Twitter :

Laguna Presa - Rush and Arica Harbor - Conquest on all platforms are almost here. VIP can download them on the 30th March at no extra cost.

No idea about the outfits, yet. I'm hoping they'll be free.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I think the outfits are only available for coins, sadly :(

Still, I'll be purchasing via XBL. I have plenty of points to spend.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Me too... YEY, although we've lost the net at our flat so i'll only be on for the next few weeks as i'm back in strat.

Outfits?? as in you get to choose what you look like?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Won't affect those who haven't played Rush, though. I haven't seen Arica Harbour yet, so anything new is a bonus.

Octy VRS
Lol, Captain Stabby McStab. Should be a decent map, quite busy with buildings. Just a shame it doesn't include the harbour section.

JB

RB 182 Cup
Cheers for the assists this afternoon, mate! Two rescues in quick succession as I was in the firing line! LOL. I did return the favour once, getting a Saviour Kill as you were being shot at :cool: Had to reboot my network connection after the 3rd Atacama Desert map, then couldn't get back on so switched to the PS3 and God of War 3.

:)
No problem! You're skilled with the sniper rifles! And nice hide under that pier you had. I thought I'd lure the enemy out into your firing line by running straight at the flag!

Did you see me shoot down an enemy helo with the tanks main gun? :cool:

After just watching that video I can't wait to unlock the MG3 (only a 100 or so points away) - I'm gona spam the s**t out of it :evil:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
No problem! You're skilled with the sniper rifles! And nice hide under that pier you had. I thought I'd lure the enemy out into your firing line by running straight at the flag!

Did you see me shoot down an enemy helo with the tanks main gun? :cool:

After just watching that video I can't wait to unlock the MG3 (only a 100 or so points away) - I'm gona spam the s**t out of it :evil:

That pier was an awesome sniper point! I finished that round joint top of the leaderboard. It gave me scope for the guys on the boat opposite, any tanks which arrived at the flag and any soliders hiding in the containers! Was pleased with that hideaway, although after about 8 kills I'm surprised no-one caught on and shot me. I didn't see you shoot the chopper down, but I did see you lure quite a few folk into the open! LOL! Supplying me with ammo also helped :cool:

Bumder With A Buffer
I "think" there is a glitch or something with this on one of the Rush maps.

Similar to the one where you knifed the wall and it destroyed the whole MCOM station.

Some guy used a tank, fired one shot at the building (within the first 20 seconds or so and destroyed Base A :S

Il try remember what the map was......

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Also :

In Isla Inocentes, On the 2nd set of stations, If you destroy the brown fence behind the blue house (M-COM A) the whole building goes. Really.

Enjoy your easy 2.0 kills.

Clio 1.2 16v

It's pretty average, with the disadvantage of 1000 RPM rate of fire, so eats ammo even with the extra ammo upgrade.

Octy VRS
Yep, maps have been available since this morning on PS3. No download or anything, they just appear.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I'm a little confused - is the update automatically installed?

Went to download it yesterday - but was told that it had already been installed, yet I do not see any new maps or updates?!