ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pearl Black Ph1

I'm now the proud owner of this beauty, having sold my superb Ignis Sport yesterday. I was supposed to be buying an MX-5 or Cappuccino, but couldn't resist when I spotted this just up the road from me.

Some of the long-termers here may remember I owned a gorgeous standard Cup (S25 CUP) quite a few years back, but it's been years since I've driven an RS, ironically I found S25 a few weeks ago (still looks largely the same) and the owner is now on CS I believe.

DSC8566a-L.jpg

DSC8593a-L.jpg

DSC8558a-L.jpg

DSC8556a-L.jpg

DSC8585a-L.jpg

DSC8564a-L.jpg

That's just a few quick pics after I collected it, a proper shoot will follow! Originally I had planned to spend the difference I made between the cars on Anthracite 2118s and Wilwood 4 pots, but eventually saw sense and bought a Nikon 70-200 2.8 VR (which cost more than the car you see above) and will shortly have on order a Fuji X100 as well (just under what I paid for the car) as long term photography is more important to me and neither of those will depreciate much if times get tough.

My plans for it now are fairly modest/cheap:

- Remove the HIDs
- Source some original Ph1 rear light clusters
- Eibach Sportlines
- An original set of Oz F1s (in silver) as spares so it can go back to being completely standard one day

It's great to be back :)

Check the bonnet catch! lol

:)

Hopefully going to take it down to Exmouth for a good service at Carlton in a few weeks, bonnet seems pretty sturdy though.

Still can't quite believe I own a 172 again (sold my Cup when I bought a house to save money), just stuck my Ignis up for sale to see if there would be any interest, and it was gone in 48hrs. Didn't consider a Clio but did a quote on the off chance and now I'm 29 my insurance was a bargain (£270 protected NCD)

Looks lovely and clean! :)

I bought loads of new cleaning gear but haven't touched it yet, Nick obviously did a good job the last time he cleaned it :)

awesome car, looks strange seeing it on std suspension lol

It would have been way too low for me, my work has about 6 brutal speedhumps to get into the car park. Sportlines should close the arch gap a tiny bit whilst still being perfectly 'sensible' for daily use.

275 Trophy
Stalker :)

I have same black ph1( on a 'Y'), just put original ph1 rear lights back on, its on sportlines, original F1's, no HID's, silver painted calipers, skoda splitter (is it?) & 7-200 AFS VR.

Car looks good fella, but then I would say that....

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Looks well that, i normally am not a fan of Phase 2 rears on the Phase 1 but side on that looks like it would suit it...

Storm Grey 200
:(

Have fun matey, found a dr colorchip paint thing in the shed, I will post it out to you :) also I swear I have some ph1 rear clusters. I'll have a dig

:(

Have fun matey, found a dr colorchip paint thing in the shed, I will post it out to you :) also I swear I have some ph1 rear clusters. I'll have a dig

Cheers bud, going to attack the HIDs this weekend, I presume it's pretty easy to remove them? One other question...what's the lead in the glove box for? I dropped you a PM but you're full.

Storm Grey 200
Lead in the glove box is for the iPod headunit. Just plug it in and then control via the headunit..

Yeh, HIDs are easy, just unplug where the car wires go into the ballast and replace with a standard bulb, done.

Ibiza SC
Lovely car mate, only ever owned ph2's so would love to own one of these one day. Splitter looks wonky in the middle though!