ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

people with ktr uprated engine mounts

Nissan 350z
How are you guys finding the vibration on idle. Is it a worthy trade off for the improved gear change or would it do your head in on your daily drive?

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
My Ktec upper engine and gearbox mounts were fitted today and I'm really pleased with the results. Car feels so much more solid, throttle response is instant, and even feels like it handles better. Vibration at idle is noticeable but not too obtrusive and I actually like how it feels when the engine fires up :cool:

The garage fitting discovered the bracket casing where the gearbox mount bolts to had snapped clean off so was without my car for two days while they got the new part in. Good thing is though that replacing this has stopped the metallic grinding noise at high revs that I thought was a worn out gearbox bearing :)

Bad news is that I can't select 1st gear now so its going back tomorrow for them to fix. And my car is a daily driver so I've had to get the train to work all week :(

Anyway to conclude I'm very happy with the mounts and would 100% recommend them :D

b/g 182, meg tourer
im finding the vibratrion at idle fine. i dont tend to sit at idle much anyway. and it feels so much better when the car is rolling than the standard mounts. its nice to go in the engine bay and try to rock the engine backwards and forwards and it doesnt budge :) was nearly jumping out of the car before. feels much smoother when applying power, changing gear, letting off the throttle, in every way really.

Clio Sport 172
There is no way I would spend money on the Renault crap mounts. I was changing my belts yesterday and when I took off the upper engine mount it was torn in two. I reckon it broke at about 26,000km when I started to get the banging on acceleration. That is absolutely ridiculous for the life of an engine mount.
I fitted the KTR mount, only this upper one. I also have poly dogbone bushes, but I'm going to see how it goes with just the new upper mount first.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
I fitted both KTR engine mounts plus the dog bone poly bush and boy they are rock solid! at the same time the helix organic clutch went in and the car felt really different in the first couple of days, now I'm starting to get used to it (the idle vibration also :D) and I like it
before this mod when wheelspinning in 1st gear the engine was knocking so bad that I stopped doing that almost completely, now this problem is 110% solved and the car feels like I want it to. I'm expecting cabin noises in the future but it's a good compromise. the question is now how long are they gonna last? if they do last a little bit more than the standard it will be ok for me
p.s: what's the part no for the standard upper engine mount? some guy told me the one who came off my car wasn't a rs specific one