ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To Poly bush or not poly bush?

Renault Clio 182 Cup
I'm stuck between keeping the stock engine mount bushes (upper OSF and dogbone) and putting the poly bush inserts in.

Fortunately, the mounts in the car are already in good condition...

Just need more opinions and people's experience with having installed.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Uprated engine mounts made my power delivery much more instant, it did make the car vibrate a bit more but that's because the drivetrain movement had been transferred to the exhaust mounts, which are also polybushed.

So my advise would be do it, but keep your exhaust mounts soft so it reduces vibration, just not too soft as your manifold could knock the heat shield under load.

Renault Clio 182 Cup
Uprated engine mounts made my power delivery much more instant, it did make the car vibrate a bit more but that's because the drivetrain movement had been transferred to the exhaust mounts, which are also polybushed.

So my advise would be do it, but keep your exhaust mounts soft so it reduces vibration, just not too soft as your manifold could knock the heat shield under load.
Gotcha. Well mines already had the polybushes done on the exhaust, the big boys at the back and the smaller one for the center section/resonator pipe.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
If it's these then they're near identical to Vibratechnics.

1650386667328.png

1650386754990.png

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I doubt you'll feel any increased vibration with that setup, i've never used the insert but the general consensus is it's the softer of the two options, but still a worthwhile upgrade.

the_baron_von_richthofen

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172 Cup
I have some kind of solid dogbone mount, not sure if it's Evol or not, certainly looks the same though.

That was already on the car when I bought it.

Because of the dogbone mount there was a lot of vibration already, the Evol race mounts added some more but not much in the scale of things.

Prior to the Evol mounts I used the powerflex Bush, worked pretty well and didn't vibrate as much.

My favourite thing with the Evol mounts is how good and quick a gear change can be/feel now due to the engine not rocking.

Renault Clio 182 Cup
I have some kind of solid dogbone mount, not sure if it's Evol or not, certainly looks the same though.

That was already on the car when I bought it.

Because of the dogbone mount there was a lot of vibration already, the Evol race mounts added some more but not much in the scale of things.

Prior to the Evol mounts I used the powerflex Bush, worked pretty well and didn't vibrate as much.

My favourite thing with the Evol mounts is how good and quick a gear change can be/feel now due to the engine not rocking.
That's interesting as that would make a good combo with the Evol dogbone and the powerflex engine mount insert. Cheers 👍