ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

People with wall mounted LCD/Plasma

VaVa
Show me some pics. I'm interested to see what people have done with the cabling and where you got your wall bracket from too. Cheers.

VaVa
Hmmmm. Just run a couple of HDMI's along with power?? What about using mini trunking.?

Last edited:
yes you could do but it looks ugly imho best way chase the wall and put conduit in the wall and then you can pull new wires through it much easier as and when you need them using a pull line

Polo + Micra
McBunny said:
yes you could do but it looks ugly imho best way chase the wall and put conduit in the wall and then you can pull new wires through it much easier as and when you need them using a pull line

lol but what about cables with the ends already on them:S

your not going to get them down a 20mm conduit and you'd stuggle with a 25mm if it's already got cables in

Dink said:
lol but what about cables with the ends already on them:S

your not going to get them down a 20mm conduit and you'd stuggle with a 25mm if it's already got cables in

im taling the formed metal stuff not circular -\__/- like that sink it ino the wall and you have quite alot of space hollow walls are easier as you can just drop the cables down

Golf GTI 1.8T
McBunny said:
there is only one thing to do with the cables and thats chase them into the wall

or punch them through into another room or cupboard etc..

we normally put a 50mm duct in the wall when we do them on new walls.

Golf GTI 1.8T
Heres a few we have done in a house recently...obviously all the cables in the walls to 2 media cupboards in the house and I think they look f**king awesome...
in the house theres 1 x 50" pioneer, 2 x 43" pioneer, 3 x 32" samsung, 3 x 26" samsung and a lcd mirror tv in the bathroom. and far too many speakers!! ha

tv7.jpg

tv6.jpg

tv5.jpg

tv4.jpg

tv3.jpg

tv2.jpg

tv1.jpg

Audi TT 225 Quattro
as im at mums again and in my old room ive not bothered with covering the cables but when i get my house i will be doing it as it looks alot more tidy, at the moment looks like this v ... does the job tho.
DSCF1889Medium.jpg

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
Some pics of my 32" LCD wall mounted - does the job nicely

front_room_lcd.jpg

front_room.jpg

Last edited:
  BMW E46 330i Touring
Did you light those tealights for the photo aaron!?!

The WLT is really good Laingo, can't go wrong with it for the price it's currently at. I'm looking to do the same thing when I move, but couldn't figure out anyway of putting the wires into the wall and still being able to change them if needed (Scart especially), so I think I'll go with trunking...

VaVa
Well I haven't got the keys to the new place yet, so I'll have to have a look when I've moved in.

Aarons looks nice hung like that. Don't really notice the trunking tbf.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
Ads_172 said:
Did you light those tealights for the photo aaron!?!

lol no, cant you see a womans touch in the room?? For some reason my Girlfriend likes to have candles everywhere round the flat, more of a fire risk to me lol

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
Laingo said:
Aarons looks nice hung like that. Don't really notice the trunking tbf.

Well, I had 2 choices, either build it flush into the wall or mount as it is. I would have prefered to mount it flush into the wall but couldnt as its a single skinned wall as its an old fireplace and would have been too weak for the weight so the only solution was the trunking. Just paint the trucking same colour of the wall and you can hardly notice it.

mine too ^^

hopefully friday

not looking to wall mount it though as its only in my bedroom at the mo.

VaVa
Clart said:
i went for the 37WLT66, should be here next week!

Lucky bugger. I can't really stretch to the 37". Well I can, but I need the extra for some kind of surround system.

Supposed to be a s**t hot TV though. :approve:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Check out the 40" LCD coming into Aldi on the 7th sept . Only £849

http://www.aldi.co.uk/

Huge 40" Samsung LCD panel with anti-reflective coating
Fully HD Ready LCD TV with HDMI interface - no loss of picture or sound
1366 × 768 pixel resolution
Includes 2 HDMI ports
Contrast ratio 1200:1
Brightness: 500cd/m2
HDTV (480i, 480p, 1080i, 720p) with HDCP decoding
Digital audio amplifiers with 2 × 15W speakers
Nicam stereo
Teletext
99 programme memory
3D comb filter
Digital noise reduction
Child lock
Sleep timer
Headphone socket
Remote control - batteries included
FREE tilting wall bracket (±15°)
Dimensions: 1013 × 310 × 735mm (with stand) or 1010 × 125 × 690mm (without stand)
Weight: 25kg (with stand) or 21.3kg (without stand)
Scart lead and RF lead included
Free 3 year warranty typically worth £199.00

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
I've read a lot of reports that upscaling HDMI is terrible quality, DVD via xbox 360 using VGA or component is supposed to be better.

Clart said:
I've read a lot of reports that upscaling HDMI is terrible quality, DVD via xbox 360 using VGA or component is supposed to be better.

thats funny the 360 cant upscale ;)

oh and that 40" lcd sounds alright but that means f**k all its mainly all down to the electronics not the actual panel as to what the picture looks like. trouble is you wont get to to see what its like till you get it home

an upscaling dvd player doesnt have to upscale you tell it too by default it ouputs in progressive scan

oh and upscaled pictures can look stunning but its all down to the media been used old films will still look crap new stuff will look better as its usually better transfers with higher bitrate

my point is not all upscaled stuff is bad quality just some :)
as you said you had read that upscaled dvd's were terrible quality