ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Performance blue fiesta st detailed

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Well after seeing Gallys write up on the focus st detail I decided to get off my arse this weekend and crack on with mine,

When I first bought the car the paint was in a right state and its taken me 7 months to finally tackle it.

before:

7362071430_a638f66892_z.jpg

side before by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

There wasn't really much depth or 'sparkle' to the paint

The car was then foamed with megs hyper wash with some poor boys wash 'n' wax.

7176891271_d25a95b898_z.jpg

Foamed by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

The picture below is after being washed, de-tarred and clayed, note the state of the paint around where the sun hits the car:

7176865491_dc99f1d20d_z.jpg

Paint condition by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

I then got bored of taking during pictures so just cracked on so here are the final finished shots:

7176902689_f7eb4a5ec3_z.jpg

After side by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

7362130400_5fb8fd892a_z.jpg

after rear by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

7176912645_1b3bf38749_z.jpg

after rear shot by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

7362141194_4ee713e467_z.jpg

after front by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

7176860029_0ecbd6346f_z.jpg

rear quater 2 by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

My Favourite shot:

7362097110_82aed21889_z.jpg

long shot by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

The interior was then cleaned, hoovered and the leather seats treated:

7362101850_b560b5e97f_z.jpg

Interior by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

7362120174_8905360f75_z.jpg

cleaned seats by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Paul

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Cracking job.

Thats a great colour by the way.

Thanks a lot :) it is a cracking colour in the sun

Great transition.

What was your process and what products did you use?

Thanks it was as follows:

Prewashed with hyperwash with some wash 'n' wax mixed in
Wheels washed with Auto Finesse wheel cleaner
Then the car was washed with poorboys wash 'n' wax
Then all the tar was addressed with Auto Finesse Oblitarate
Then clayed with I4 detailing claybar (can someone reccomend me a replacement for this please?)
After that the car was refoamed and rinsed then polishing

I used the mezerna polishes (Power finish & Final finish)
I used some megs 105 to get rid of some deeper scratches and clean up a mark on the rear bumper
the car was then sealed with poorboys black hole and topped off with poorboys natty blue wax (smells awesome!)
The wheels were sealed with poorboys wheel sealent and the tyres dressed with I4 detailing tyre shine (still going after about 3 years!)

I think that was all the steps...and breathe!

BMW 330ci
Looks immense, really love that colour. Thought about black grills ? Think a Sony head unit and leather gaiter would massively improve the interior ;)

But really does looks amazing, would love to fully correct mine :( think sea grey would look amazing.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Looks immense, really love that colour. Thought about black grills ? Think a Sony head unit and leather gaiter would massively improve the interior ;)

But really does looks amazing, would love to fully correct mine :( think sea grey would look amazing.

Thanks a lot

Sea grey is deffinatley one of the best colours ford do! at the minute I'm looking for something to replace the car with but I have thought about the bits you've mentioned there, depending on how long I keep it for they may get done anyway with them just being cheap things.