ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol cap collecting dirt

Modified Clio 1.2
the petrol cap (not the actual cap itself but the bodywork surrounding it) seems to collect dirt constantly! Even after going out in it after washing, the sand/mud like stuff seems to just build up, and it gets really thick too. Is there any way of stopping this?

Cheers!

check the drain line from the petrol cap surround area is clean and free of obstrucions otherwise all the sh*t will accumulate in there

BMW Z4 3.0i
I just give mine a wipe with a paper towel every time i fill up at the petrol station.

106 GTi
I open the flap wash and dry when I do the bodywork not noticed any real build up of grime in there?

It must be grit getting chucked up by the rer wheel and coming though gaps in the arch liner. Mine's the same - I do the same as the rest, just clean it everytime I wash the car.

BMW Z4 3.0i
Ally said:
It must be grit getting chucked up by the rer wheel and coming though gaps in the arch liner. Mine's the same - I do the same as the rest, just clean it everytime I wash the car.

I think he's just talking about dirt getting through the shut lines of the door to the petrol filler cap.