ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol gauge got stuck!?

Was driving the car last night and i had 3 bars of petrol. Next thing i know the petrol light came on, so i resetted the trip and it stated 0 miles of fuel.
During this time the gauge was stuck on 3 bars? I Managed to drive about 40 miles to the next petrol station!

Filled it up and the gauge seems to be okay now, anybody had this happen before?

BMW M135i
Had this with my 1.6, cleaned the fuel level sender connection up and it sorted it. I had the fuel light on but the gauge and trip computer read fine.

C

caz

mine did this, needed a new throttle for other problems and it sorted out my petrol gauge problem!

Black 197
Mine did it.. Showed 1 bar left but fuel light on ? filled her up to the brim and i mean the brim and it aint happened since, Do you fill to the top usually or just a bung a tenner or so in everytime ?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
the other week mine went a bit mad kept going up and down slowly lol