ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Peugeot 106 GTi track project

Ha ha. [emoji4] win win
Don't think they'd make you pay, just ask nicely [emoji4] Try any scrap yard or tip. Maybe Thomas skips has one? I'd say they would. If they don't they'd know somewhere that does have one.
They need to be fairly accurate as they weigh loads coming in to know how much to charge customers etc

Megane 250
Ha ha. [emoji4] win win
Don't think they'd make you pay, just ask nicely [emoji4] Try any scrap yard or tip. Maybe Thomas skips has one? I'd say they would. If they don't they'd know somewhere that does have one.
They need to be fairly accurate as they weigh loads coming in to know how much to charge customers etc

I didn't think of them! I'll definitely PPP over there when it's back out in a week or two. Cheers bud.

Megane 250
Insured for the month now, been driving it a little bit, still running sweet, not using any oil or water etc and started first turn after connecting battery up after being sat for 3 months.

This weekend I'll give it a clean, double check everything and I'll stiffen the suspension up a touch ready for track the weekend after.

37ac694473da250462e3cd359b8d6124.jpg

Skoda Fabia VRS
Looks great!
Llandow?

I need a track day.... looking at trying Donnington but it's not cheap at 240. Have to do it once though.
It was indeed Dan! Christ that is steep...
From going to every one of Josh's track days, it's insane how much he's improved in confidence and capability. He's much quicker in the corners, braking it spot on, and is hitting consistent good speeds. Car handled flawlessly, didn't miss a beat and out performed more powerful track orientated cars.

Megane 250
Looks great!
Llandow?

I need a track day.... looking at trying Donnington but it's not cheap at 240. Have to do it once though.

Cheers dude!

Yeah llandow, was a really good day, car ran spot on, kept up with what should have been much faster cars, no faults at all. Over the moon.

Next year I'm hoping to venture to a few more places, I'd like to do Cadwell and Blyton.

But this isn't going to see another day until I'm on throttle bodies now.

It was indeed Dan! Christ that is steep...
From going to every one of Josh's track days, it's insane how much he's improved in confidence and capability. He's much quicker in the corners, braking it spot on, and is hitting consistent good speeds. Car handled flawlessly, didn't miss a beat and out performed more powerful track orientated cars.

Cheers dude! Them guys that asked me what was in to made my day!

Thanks for the pics! I look forward to chasing down the VTS ;).

Sound a good day!

Blyton is a brilliant track for mid power cars like ours. I absolutely loved it! Well worth the trip. There's a video of a blyton session I did on my thread

I'm looking at Bedford or Donnington, or maybe combe next. Hopefully book something tomorrow. Did look at pembrey but nothing left there this year.

Throttle bodies sounds good! What sort of power would it be at then?

I'd recommend tuition too, I had 20 mins at blyton and was very surprised and my confidence tripled!
Shameless shot of mine at blyton
6175a073474eabccb82e6c27991db988.jpg

Megane 250
Sound a good day!

Blyton is a brilliant track for mid power cars like ours. I absolutely loved it! Well worth the trip. There's a video of a blyton session I did on my thread

I'm looking at Bedford or Donnington, or maybe combe next. Hopefully book something tomorrow. Did look at pembrey but nothing left there this year.

Throttle bodies sounds good! What sort of power would it be at then?

I'd recommend tuition too, I had 20 mins at blyton and was very surprised and my confidence tripled!
Shameless shot of mine at blyton
6175a073474eabccb82e6c27991db988.jpg

I'd like to think it'll be around the 160-170bhp make which will be more than enough I think!

Yeah I do fancy tuition if I book a place where hey offer it I'll Defo have some, all for improving.

Yeah I watched your video of blyton, when the CSS weekend was there, part of the reason I fancy it.

Skoda Fabia VRS
Just paid off the remainder of the safety devices roll cage, should be here over the next couple of weeks.

Can't wait, although I am dreading fitting it!

Found this picture from the track photographer.

cec02430ac446bd9e47dc1f8c5e4d600.jpg
Who's the good looking chap in the blue hoody?

Megane 250
Nothing else has been done with this lately, I am waiting for my roll cage to be delivered still, Cant wait to get that fitted.
I have however been able to insure this alongside the 182 permanently now, Which is lovely, So I think I'm going to tax it tomorrow and take it out for an hour or two.

Megane 250
Still waiting for my cage, getting a bit impatient now though.

Soon as it comes I will be looking to fit it, will be ordering 2 new harnesses next month.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Love this and think I followed you on Instagram the other day without even knowing you were on here. Would really like a gti for a little project, where'd you find this so cheap?!

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Did you kill a pair of R888's on one track day? Looks like your pressures were too high, did you keep checks on them, before and after each run? I've used the same set on 4 track days, in comparison (similar car).

Megane 250
Love this and think I followed you on Instagram the other day without even knowing you were on here. Would really like a gti for a little project, where'd you find this so cheap?!

Found it one 106owners, lad thiught the engine has gone, but it had stripped speak plug threads so was running on 3! Managed to get it on its last thread, to get me home and then helicoiled the engine.

New engine now though!

Glad someone law appreciates this little things.

Did you kill a pair of R888's on one track day? Looks like your pressures were too high, did you keep checks on them, before and after each run? I've used the same set on 4 track days, in comparison (similar car).

Only the one and it was 2 track days, one corner at llandow is known for killing tyres, think I was on around 26-28psi from memory, will be going lower next time.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Shiiiitttttt, not good. Big pothole or just because the F1's aren't the strongest? I'm sure there'll be a single one come up soon, seen a few of them over the past couple of months.

Megane 250
Shiiiitttttt, not good. Big pothole or just because the F1's aren't the strongest? I'm sure there'll be a single one come up soon, seen a few of them over the past couple of months.

There was a cats eye in the pothole which I hit, must've been 2.5-3" deep, was gutted as they were mint like

I sold the 2 I had spare less than a month before, devastated! I'll get another soon, solicitors are dealing with my claim to the council too.

LY Megane R26 230
Loving the work on the 106!
Back in my younger days I had a VTS on cams/enclosed induction/421 manifold in it was a rocket!

In regards to the alloy have you seen if any local alloy firms can repair it?

Megane 250
Loving the work on the 106!
Back in my younger days I had a VTS on cams/enclosed induction/421 manifold in it was a rocket!

In regards to the alloy have you seen if any local alloy firms can repair it?

Cheers mate, yeah they really do go well for what they are. M
Mi gave bud, tried flat out alloys I think they are called in Cardiff and he's said its a write off :(

LY Megane R26 230
Cheers mate, yeah they really do go well for what they are. M
Mi gave bud, tried flat out alloys I think they are called in Cardiff and he's said its a write off 😧

Try Steve Cull in APS in Swansea.'He's saved alloys for me no worse condition than that!

LY Megane R26 230
Have you bought ITB's yet? Only reason I ask is there's a local lad selling his ITB's and ECU on FB

Also there's a guy breaking a phase 1 172 in Neath whom has Oz F1's for sale on Ebay ;)

Megane 250
Have you bought ITB's yet? Only reason I ask is there's a local lad selling his ITB's and ECU on FB

Also there's a guy breaking a phase 1 172 in Neath whom has Oz F1's for sale on Ebay ;)

I've not mate and won't be for a short while, looking to start using it instead of fiddling and after summer I'll start the build.