ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph 1 Valver - Carmen Red

RS 182FF Titanium
Re: Ph 1 Valver - Carmen Red UPDATE

Well folks, bit of an update, after nearly a year :rasp:

finally got round to getting a few pics...
Managed to get hold of a mint set of TURbines, and had them fitted for a month or two, (they are extremely rare to come by over here in Ireland, as are valvers :p ) and i like how they make the car a little more original.

There was a bad build up of brake dust from the two track-days on them, so removed the wheels to get at it and remove it, they were then sealed with 3-4 coats of wheel sealant to protect them a little better.

Also fabricated up my own brace for the rear, to allow the harnesses to be fitted to (for the track-days)

And fitted new foglights.

Still To Do:
Need to get some new front indicator lenses, and also a set of Ph 1 rear lenses.

Then eventually get the exterior resprayed to tidy it up a bit (arches are starting to rust, as they all seem to do) and thats probably it!

C&C welcome :)

Anyways on with the photos

Rear brace for the track-day:
c3aba09f.jpg

Wheels with bad build up of brake dust:

33f46020.jpg

Few photos of them cleaned, sealed, and on the car:

0c3accf3.jpg

6682d5f5.jpg

98826d95.jpg

4b267933.jpg

0aedcbf1.jpg

e7b9263a.jpg

50e1f54b.jpg

ea080a26.jpg

4bcc8775.jpg

ca859843.jpg

89a343bb.jpg

31b3826b.jpg

9bf02d46.jpg

RS 182FF Titanium
Is the guy in the back to make it look lower?! Love it though :)

Cheers

nope, went out with the mate and brother, for a few photos but brother refused to get out of the car for me to take a couple of photos, the wee s**t :mad: :approve:

makes the car look uneven if anything, needless to say I was a little unhappy!

RS Megane DCi 175
Very tidy - lovely example!
I'm not sure it looks as 'mean' as you put it as it did on the black OZ's. Maybe refurbing the turbines to a slightly darker colour - or even black with a rid lip? - could work?

Looks spot on as is though! :approve:

RS 182FF Titanium
Very tidy - lovely example!
I'm not sure it looks as 'mean' as you put it as it did on the black OZ's. Maybe refurbing the turbines to a slightly darker colour - or even black with a rid lip? - could work?

Looks spot on as is though! :approve:

Cheers,

Yea I know how you mean, the black OZ's were great when the car wasnt moving and when they were shiney and clean, otherwise they just looked like steels when the car was moving. The turbines seem to look 'bigger' with them being silver also. Was thinking of a dark anthracite colour when these ones start to get tatty, but they are mint at the min, so couldnt justify a respray at the moment.

Is the guy in the back to make it look lower?! Love it though :)

Cheers

nope, went out with the mate and brother, for a few photos but brother refused to get out of the car for me to take a couple of photos, the wee s**t :mad: :approve:

The dude sitting in the car ruins the pics:dapprove:

Your car is a nice example though, I like it a lot :approve:

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
'kinnel that valver is mint as a minty trebor!

Great work!

Dan

RS 182FF Titanium
Cheers

The dude sitting in the car ruins the pics:dapprove:

Your car is a nice example though, I like it a lot :approve:

Going to take a few tomorrow, if the weathers anyway half decent! And he wont be coming along :mad:

Cheers people, and maby see some of yous at the AI Autosport RR day on Sunday :)

'91 Clio RT =D
thats sexy as mate.
is the bonnet on the valver standard and does it open like a standard car bonnet or open forwards like the RT does?

thanks alot

:)

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
both proper minter. none of them had resprays? coz they are both immacluate

RS 182FF Titanium
both proper minter. none of them had resprays? coz they are both immacluate

the valver had a rear arch/quarter panel replaced under waranty from renault, due to corosion, which was painted, but that was back in 1997, both arches are starting to go again, so i will probably treat it to a full exterior respray at some stage, in the near future!, but the only paint the white one ever seen was for the colour coding and boot smoothing!

Cheers peeps...