ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 Abs removal

Hi guys, currently planning an abs removal, I have a cup master cylinder and ford pressure reducing valves. First off is it just the two nuts under the master cylinder holding it in place?
My plan is the run the two front lines from the two front ports (closest to the engine) and the two rear lines from the two rear ports (closest to the bulkhead) is this correct?
Being a ph1 I have speedo drive gearbox so the speedo should be fine, the car currently has no airbag/abs ecu so revoking the pump shouldn't bring any wiring faults us and everything should work fine I presume?

Thanks in advance
Kirk

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
I would think the split service would be front left, rear right on the front ports and front right, left rear on the rear ports,
As the Clio has such low rear brake effort it would not create enough emergency braking in the event of a component failure in the rear split circuit if a simple front rear split was used,
Anyone able to have a look to confirm or correct me on this?