ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph1 172 Bumper Problems please HELP!!!...

clio 1.4 16v 2000 mk2 ph1
Hi, ive got a 1.4 16v mk2 ph1 clio and unfortunately i shunted it on friday (ice grrrrr lol) its nothing major just bumper and wing damage but i thought as i had to change the bumper and wing why not put a 172 bumper on? and i need to find out do i need 172 wings for the 172 bumper to fit??..

if having a 172 bumper proves to be to difficult im going to sick with a standard bumper but is there anything that can be done to a standard bumper to improve its looks/replicate the 172 bumper? the 1 i smashed was all colour coded so i was thinking smoothing/fibre glassing etc?...

obv im desperate to get back on the road so im trying to find out as soon as pos, so any help will be muccchhhly appriciated. cheers

You'll need... bumper, wings and sideskirts.

You need the sideskirts too as the wings have a cut out at the bottom where they join to the sideskirts. Bear in mind that the wings and bumper are wider, so any wheels you have on the car at the moment will look a little lost. Some spacers and new wheel nuts should fix that though.

clio 1.4 16v 2000 mk2 ph1
okay cheers, i have got skirts on mine already but they're the normal renault 1's that are straight at the front and inline with the end of the seal, do you think it would be possible to cut and fibreglass the 172 wings to fit?...
cheers for the help guys

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
just go on the guides part of the site, theres a guide to making a "sport" bumper fit standard arches

Nissan 350z
There was someone who managed to fit a 172 bumper to standard wings. It involved cutting the 172 down slightly but i cant remember who it was and they never provided a guide on how to.

Nissan 350z
Found it. Your currect couzens JungleJim did do a Ph2 bumper so not sure why Bifcaids said otherwise as it doesnt apply. I was under the impression someone on here had done this with a Ph1?