ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 Prices....

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
How are they looking guys, would maybe consider one in a few months as a little bargain but prices still seem to be a tad high-ish, depending on condition of course. Looking to spend around £1000 ish.

I'd consider, Titanium first, Black, flamer possibly but not fussed about that, sorry DJW! :eek:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Yes mate as you've said, good ones with nice miles are holding there money.
And I think the price's will continue to rise slowly.

I think that Russ is looking at selling his titanium soon, think it's on about 63k

Don't know a price though, good luck they are cracking little cars. :)

172, Tiguan
I was talking about this elsewhere this morning. A good honest Ph1 in decent condition is doing quite well at the moment.

330i. E30 Touring.
There's always bargains about, just depends how you deal with mileage over 100k....

I wouldn't mind one in sunflower yellow (If I needed a cheap car) the one that was on ebay from here the other month was lovely!

172, Tiguan
CS pricing over the years has done nothing to help the value of the Clio tbh. I never put an advert on here expecting to actually sell the car.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I was talking about this elsewhere this morning. A good honest Ph1 in decent condition is doing quite well at the moment.

Looked in December and was a tad shocked. If anything the Ph1s were tidier and doing more than the ph2.

I think for a grand you'll end up with one needing work and you'll get annoyed with it.

I sort of do agree with this but there are decent ph1/2 172s at £1500 and under. Look at the Flamer for £1200 recently that was immaculate.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
There's always bargains about, just depends how you deal with mileage over 100k....

Agreed, that ST was on 115k, 2 owners, 1st was a company car. Massive spec, most sought after colour and I paid sweetie money for it. I can always find a bargain, it's patience more than anything I think. Mileage means nothing if it's cheap enough.

172 Turbo
It's difficult as a first time buyer knowing which ones to go and see. Are the £1500 ones dogs and the £3k ones brilliant, or are the £3k ones overpriced?

CS pricing over the years has done nothing to help the value of the Clio tbh. I never put an advert on here expecting to actually sell the car.
That is one thing that I've never understood on here! CS, always driving down prices :(

It's difficult as a first time buyer knowing which ones to go and see. Are the £1500 ones dogs and the £3k ones brilliant, or are the £3k ones overpriced?
I believe that you get what you pay for. Unless you're unlucky.

Of course there are those who get a 'bargain' ...but it will need loads of money chucking it at within a year :rolleyes:

I think for a grand you'll end up with one needing work and you'll get annoyed with it.

Mine for £900 wasnt too bad, in the last 4 months its needed a new battery and crank sensor.

Granted it might need some bits tidying up and refreshing in a few months but then again its almost 14 years old and on 116k so its to be expected i think

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Loads slip through the net, as there are probably more owned elsewhere than on here, so by the time they go to sell them they have no idea what they're potentially worth.

Before buying the Cup i phoned a guy on PH about a black ph1, it had 75k was absolutely mint and the guy said he had about 30 phone calls - over a week end lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Mine for £900 wasnt too bad, in the last 4 months its needed a new battery and crank sensor.

Granted it might need some bits tidying up and refreshing in a few months but then again its almost 14 years old and on 116k so its to be expected i think

This kinda thing is what i'm talking about. I'd rather buy the £800 needing 4 tyres rather than the £1200 with an Mot and 4 linlongs!

This kinda thing is what i'm talking about. I'd rather buy the £800 needing 4 tyres rather than the £1200 with an Mot and 4 linlongs!

Yep i got lucky i think, mine had 11 months MOT, 1 months tax :) granted ive just put 4 tyres on but only 1 was dead really. done almost 4k on it since having it too :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Loads slip through the net, as there are probably more owned elsewhere than on here, so by the time they go to sell them they have no idea what they're potentially worth.

Before buying the Cup i phoned a guy on PH about a black ph1, it had 75k was absolutely mint and the guy said he had about 30 phone calls - over a week end lol

Jeeez, there is no doubt they are now "rare". I couldn't honestly say they're not now.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I would add the interior massively puts me off, I always liked the Ph2 even though it was still stone age but the Ph1 is very dated inside. A Sabelt would make me feel better.

225 Cup & Williams
There's bargains to be had you just need to keep an eye out nearly every day. I paid £900 for my 1 owner black ph1.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
expect to pay between 700-1000 for one then another 1-1.5 to mint it.

My advice would be find one on lowish miles with OK history for around £750 & then spend another £1250 to get it mint including belts.

There is no such thing as a PH1 that doesn't need money spending unless its 1 of 5 on here that are mint.

S

I would add the interior massively puts me off, I always liked the Ph2 even though it was still stone age but the Ph1 is very dated inside. A Sabelt would make me feel better.

Dont be such a girl :p

Tbh ive got used to the ph1 dash now, although would consider a ph2 swap at some point

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
A decent Ph1 in Titanium with Ph2 dash is probably the most lucrative RS Clio going... Never got the Ph1 love when I got my 182, but now I absolutely get it.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

I just look at it as part of the rare ph1 ownership. It is what it is.

But then again im old and not hip with big hair. :D

Funny enough year's ago my cousin couldn't buy a R5 GTT because the dash was the same as his Kangoo work's van.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
A decent Ph1 in Titanium with Ph2 dash is probably the most lucrative RS Clio going... Never got the Ph1 love when I got my 182, but now I absolutely get it.

Indeed. Rob's old one on F1s would be a special little bus!

Thanks for the chat guys, interesting to hear others thoughts.

Not sure why you would spend another 1k on fixing/modifying a ph1 though, suppose makes sense if you love them and want a mint one but still not exactly financially clever!

172, Tiguan
PH2 dash conversion is fairly easy tbh. You loose the skin on both your hands doing it, but it's fairly straight forward if you take your time. First thing I did on mine was rip the dash out!

Inferno 225 cup
Indeed. Rob's old one on F1s would be a special little bus!

Thanks for the chat guys, interesting to hear others thoughts.

Not sure why you would spend another 1k on fixing/modifying a ph1 though, suppose makes sense if you love them and want a mint one but still not exactly financially clever!

It's far from clever Kev, think I've spent about £3k on mine, uprating everything, seeing something I like. I've just spent £300 on wheels and another £££having things sprayed.

But I NOW!!! Intend to keep it, as Mick is fitting 197 cams whilst doing the belts for me.

But to sell is another story, it's only a 13yrd old clio..

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
It's far from clever Kev, think I've spent about £3k on mine, uprating everything, seeing something I like. I've just spent £300 on wheels and another £££having things sprayed.

But I NOW!!! Intend to keep it, as Mick is fitting 197 cams whilst doing the belts for me.

But to sell is another story, it's only a 13yrd old clio..

your finally keeping it? good lad......................4k on boost next then ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Jacob, your one is a special bus and properly mint, big difference. It's a labour of love and you've had it for a long time.

I'm uber jealous of yours!

275 Trophy
I let mine go for the equivalent of £1300 in the summer, 2001 75k, full histroy, Birchdown serviced last 4 years inc belts, new injectors, exhaust, tyres. Was 12 months away from belts needing doing again though and the paintwork could have done with some attention, but otherwise it was a beltter and I regret part-exing it still.

In many ways it was a lot better than the R26 I have now tbh.

I like the look of Kelvs ph1 and it's literally down the road from me. So tempted but the milage and belts cost is putting me off :s

Saw this also, 116k miles and looks like a good history. If I didn't have the flamer I'd have considered it.

They do seem to be doing well price wise. I paid £1400 for mine 18 months ago and would want at least that back for it. Done a bit of tidying up and its only done 79k miles full history. Wouldn't dream of selling it though.